I GOT DRUNK AT MY BEST FRIENDS WEDDING Vol. TEQUILA AND IPA

Me and him have been great friends since 6th grade, we're both 24 now. We had great adventures from getting stuck in Tijuana to taking the greyhound from LA to SF just for the weekend.

He told me a month ago he was going to get married, small wedding of 40> . He asked me if I could DJ to save money, I agreed. As the month went on I tried to plan him a bachelor party. He kept avoiding my calls and text. He sent a group message asking for our emails so he can send invitations but mine never arrived.

I show up to the wedding and he treats me like a hired employee. Tells me where to set up and what music he wants and so fourth. As everybody is enjoying the ceremony I'm sitting behind 2 turntables on the sideline.

As they ask the best man for the rings, 2 friends show up. I had no idea there was a best man, better yet 2 best men. ALL I COULD THINK ABOUT WAS WHY WASN'T I CHOSEN. As the night goes on I start drinking IPA's and Tequila shots aaaaaannnnndddd I Black Out.

Next day I go over to his house and he tells me BRO WHY DID YOU GET SO DRUNK, YOU EMBARRASSED YOURSELF IN FRONT OF MY FAMILY and so I ask him, WHY WASN'T I CHOSEN AS BEST MAN, and he responds YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR LIFE TOGETHER AND THEY DO

What upset me was that I know for a fact that my life is better than one of the guys. He is unemployed, no car, lives with mama dukes, would like to be professional soccer player.

Niketalk, what do you think of the situation? I was going to choose him as my best man. I've come to realize tho, I'm always the friend that does more. After this, I don't think I ever wanna have friends anymore to he honest. I feel really let down.

Cliffs
-best friend (I think) got married
-picked some other cats as best man and me as DJ
-I got hammered
-he got mad told me those guys were better options as best man
-don't know if I ever wanna have friends no more

He should apologize to you for not responding to your texts and for what he said, but I doubt you'll get that.  However, you should apologize for getting drunk at his wedding and for whatever you did.  You guys grew apart and you're not boys anymore, there's nothing wrong with that.  Don't invite him to your wedding, just keep it moving at this point.  I do have a question though, he's only 24, how "together" can his life be?
nerd.gif

Instead of being a good friend, you decided to get pissed off and black out at his wedding.

Don't really get how you guys are that tight he dude was ignoring you and treated you as an employee tho.

I dunno bro.

If one of the other best men's life is is as **** as you claim, and yours truly is better, the best explanation is that you're not as close as you used to be.

It happens in life.

Take no offense.  However I would apologize for messing up man's wedding, and hopefully he apologizes for not being straight forward about your relationship.

I can imagine how you feel but, you don't think you ever want friends? It's not that serious. He did what he did and showed you where he stands in your life. That's all. I went through something like this not too long. Only difference is that it did not phase me one bit.

maybe you dont stand where you think you do

also kinda messed up for you to get wasted while "working" his wedding which only further reinforces your standing in his head

but tbh this is all on some female behavior

I know who my friends are and who my boys are and where we stand with each other

What does one person not having their life together have to do anything with being a best man. A best man is someone you can trust no matter the situation. I don't know the whole story but from what you are saying... he doesn't sound like a real friend at all. 

Yeah this shouldn't concern u one bit and I wouldn't apologize for getting wasted either, **** him

happened to me. friend since grade school didnt even invite me to the wedding, on the day of he calls and tells me to come. It feels bad. However, couple month later another friend who i barely hung out with asked me to be a best man.  after that i feel like its not that big of a deal, its life. Like the guy said up  there, dont invest in people. 90% of the time they will disappoint you. 

He probably didn't want his best man getting all blacked out, embarrassing him in front of his family and very close friends :\

Last edited:
Man forget that. You weren't getting paid to DJ so have some fun...you got wasted and probably had a good time. If all you did was "embarrass" yourself then no-harm no-foul in my book.

Dude obviously thinks he and his other friends are better then you....no one needs that...stay acquaintances but know the situation now. But be the bigger man and if you consider him a friend don't hold a grudge and like not invite him to your wedding or something.

Play it how you want to. My "best friend" lost his grandma and didn't tell me, she was like a mother to me. Got married, didn't tell me didn't even get an invite. We were tight since kindergarten. We don't speak anymore. I don't wish him any harm but I can't get down with disloyalty and actions like that.

Maybe he grew up and you're still immature and annoying. I had a few boys from high school that just don't know how to act. I cut off a few of my homies cuz they stayed messing around. All that was cool when we were young but if you're not maturing you're being cut off.

Kinda messed up how he didn't even invite you to the wedding though.

<40 wedding and hired you to be a DJ to save money?  Dude is bummy anyways, tell him to enjoy his mundane life and marriage and keep it moving

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom