I hate getting a new phone. Vol. Verizon

W)taps

formerly worldgonemad
So my dad wants to update his phone from his iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S5

and basically we just want to update the phone, keep the same contracts and keep it moving.

I go with my dad since he can't speak English.

So we go in and give them my name and wait to be called on. We wait for about 20 min

and an African employee is helping us with upgrading.

So basically I tell him my dad wants to upgrade to the BLACK Galaxy S5 and he's like ok blah blah

Then this guy comes dragging us to the other side of the room to show us a bunch of accessories and my dad says he just wants a case and a car charger so I tell the employee.

This guy is literally trying to make us buy every single little thing from the screen protector to the bluetooth headset to the damn stereo box 
indifferent.gif

He spends like 20 min explaining how we need to buy these stuff and how the phones are fragile but my dad doesnt even care.

Im just like... "Dude, we just want the phone case and car charger." and he FINALLY gets the message.

So then he FINALLY brings out the phone and this is how it goes:

Him: Your lucky this is the last one we have... its white.

Me: Wait... My dad wants the black one.

Him: I know but if you put the case on it it'll be black.

Me: 
indifferent.gif

Like seriously bro? How about next time you waste our damn time you check to see if you have the phone is stock. 
mean.gif

So basically my dad gets annoyed and we just straight up leave with the employee looking confused.

/rant

The employee being African was irrelevant to the story, but instead of wasting your time with that guy find someone else to help you.

The employee being African was irrelevant to the story, but instead of wasting your time with that guy find someone else to help you.
I like to put in details into my stories.

And im pretty sure every employee would have done the same.

I'm still on that $30 unlimited internet plan 
nthat.gif

In all seriousness though, **** verizon.

Edit: dude is a horrible salesman.

Last edited:
I'm still on that $30 unlimited internet plan :nthat:

You can upgrade phones wit dat plan if they do a device switch or sumthin like that 8) best deal ever

I HATE wen I upgrade and da girl looks at my pics. Dat raunch

I work for a Verizon indirect retailer and in short, it's his job to make your phone "more enjoyable". For every 20 customers that are adamant about getting only a phone, there's one that will leave with a case, headphones, case for the headphones, bluetooth speaker, insurance on everything including the damn plastic bag and the sales rep with a slightly inappropriate, yet justified hard-on. They're sharks and yours wye bait.

If you have verizon, add isis wallet app and you'll receive a $25 gift card that can be used at McDonald's, foot locker, American Eagle and other spots. If you add it, inbox me so that I can ring you up in our system. It's free to you and I get $10 commission. #NThustle

Last edited:
verizon >>> in my area

+i got grandfathered into the unlimited deal. :smokin

Last edited:
Part of being in sales is identifying customers that know what they want and don't need additional products and can't be sold to. 

Still got my unlimited data too. Use about 40 gbs a month :lol: Just opened up a dummy line so I could get an S5 and so I could use it for future upgrades. They're going to have to force unlimited data away from me.

So my dad wants to update his phone from his iPhone 4 to a Galaxy S5
and basically we just want to update the phone, keep the same contracts and keep it moving.

I go with my dad since he can't speak English.

So we go in and give them my name and wait to be called on. We wait for about 20 min
and an African employee is helping us with upgrading.

So basically I tell him my dad wants to upgrade to the BLACK Galaxy S5 and he's like ok blah blah

Then this guy comes dragging us to the other side of the room to show us a bunch of accessories and my dad says he just wants a case and a car charger so I tell the employee.

This guy is literally trying to make us buy every single little thing from the screen protector to the bluetooth headset to the damn stereo box :stoneface:

He spends like 20 min explaining how we need to buy these stuff and how the phones are fragile but my dad doesnt even care.

Im just like... "Dude, we just want the phone case and car charger." and he FINALLY gets the message.

So then he FINALLY brings out the phone and this is how it goes:

Him: Your lucky this is the last one we have... its white.
Me: Wait... My dad wants the black one.
Him: I know but if you put the case on it it'll be black.
Me: :stoneface:

Like seriously bro? How about next time you waste our damn time you check to see if you have the phone is stock. :smh:

So basically my dad gets annoyed and we just straight up leave with the employee looking confused.

/rant
Ok I used to sell phones and stores pressure employees to sell those overpriced accessories HARD. They are almost as important then the phone. Why cant your dad speak english, did he just come to America?

Last edited:
Still got my unlimited data too. Use about 40 gbs a month :lol: Just opened up a dummy line so I could get an S5 and so I could use it for future upgrades. They're going to have to force unlimited data away from me.
:nerd: I haven't upgraded because I don't want to change my unlimited data

Back
Top Bottom