If God doesn't Exist Explain To Me How This Happened By Chance

I hate muslims .....

Didnt know that

Why are so many ex Catholics so rude and angry.
I see this a lot.

I'm ex catholic. Angry? No rude? Maybe

Waits for Catholic bashing. I've noticed many CHristians of other sects taking heat off their backs in these debates by finding faults in Catholicism when their own religions are equally evil.

Last edited:
Real talk! Not trolling if anyone can turn water into wine when I'm fiendin' i'lll worship him nh.

Literally the best reason I've ever heard for worshipping Jesus.

If you don't believe in God then don't believe in God. But not believing in God because of the crimes committed in his name is a poor reason. America for example has wronged other nations and done things that were morally questionable but that wouldn't mean democracy is evil. It's the practitioners who pervert ideals to further their own agenda's.

Didn't God commit many atrocities in the bible? Crimes committed in his name insinuates a lack of culpability on his part, God is just as guilty as his followers.

Ya'll focus on God as a creator instead of as an idea and how it relates to each persons personal life.

Alas, that is why any argument in religion comes to a stalemate, somehow God as the creator is the only thing that defines "God."

As I've said many times over the years:

People are always looking for a beginning (origin/creation). They want to understand the "beginning" so they can predict the "end." But I lean towards the concept of "Infinity," where time is not a "line," but a "loop", folded over itself. Time simply is. Even the "Almighty God" (of "The Bible" fame) needed rest (time). The first 4 words of the bible enslave god to time. "In the Beginning, God". Time contains god and any concept of, not the other way around.

I never understood when people win or do something big they always wanna thank god. Wtf you did that all on your own no god was by your side giving you answers or what not 

Don't even get me started on this. The funny part ist that you must thank him for everything good that happens to you in your life but anything bad that happens to you is your own doing. :x

I live with my aunt and uncle and they force me to go to church every sunday still and I just fall asleep. Only idiots listen to that crap.

One of the several reasons Athena and Odin are subject matters for upcoming tattoos. Greek and Norse mythology may have had several conflicting stories, but at least they admit it and fault it storytellers and poets twisting the stories around. And the **** that comes out of those stories isnt any more farfetched than christianity.

Last edited:
indifferent.gif

Ok, I hear what you're saying and all that but what if it's not so much wanting to condemn you but more like wanting to just grab you by the shoulders and shake and say wake the **** up man!?

If someone lied to you but the lie made you feel good and helped you deal with a situation wouldn't you still want to know you were lied to?
The only thing is the ones who are doing the shaking are not really sure if it is a lie or not. They just believe it to be one.

It all boils down to let people believe what they want to believe.

If you are an atheist, what is there to gain from calling people stupid for having faith in their beliefs? Like if you literally won every argument and converted everyone you talked to into believing there is no God. What have you really gained in YOUR life?

Me personally, I look at this debate like I look at the debate about ghosts. Some people believe in them and some dont.
For the ones that believe, they have experienced something in their lives that has convinced them that ghosts exist.

And it doesn't matter how much you say that there is no evidence proving ghosts exist, or how much or how many charts and graphs you post, or how much you discredit the pseudoscience that supports existence, or how much you ridicule them for believing in "fairy tales" like Casper or Slimer, they are still going to believe in ghosts.

And vice-versa.

Just do you and let other people cook.

Last edited:
It's hilarious to me that so many people think they can KNOW something that really can't be known. You might believe something, but to say you know where people came from is absurd.

That's why science is so great. It welcomes wrong answers.

How did carbon and energy laying around just decide to do all this within our cells.
If your a student of biology you know it is ridiculous.
The Big Bang had better odds of making an IPhone 5 than doing all of this by trial and error.
God is amazing.

This just covers a few things. Don't get me started on The Brain and Human Eye.

What happens in your testes.

DNA in each of the cells in your body

How DNA instruction is carried out

Believe what you want but I believe God meant for you to be on this earth and has know you since your mothers womb.

Psalm 139:12-14
12Even the darkness is not dark to You, And the night is as bright as the day. Darkness and light are alike to You. 13For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother's womb. 14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, And my soul knows it very well.
I honestly couldnt tell you.  But there are many biologists who could.

Perhaps take a class?

Education is the enemy of Religion.

Ok, I hear what you're saying and all that but what if it's not so much wanting to condemn you but more like wanting to just grab you by the shoulders and shake and say wake the **** up man!?

If someone lied to you but the lie made you feel good and helped you deal with a situation wouldn't you still want to know you were lied to?
Honestly, if there is no personal harm in the lie, than no I probably wouldn't want to know I've been lied to. It's like your girls cheating on you, unless it's your best friend or some steez do  you really want to know the dude?

As much as I'm into "Knowledge" I've learned that ignorance is bliss. Not everyone is being hurt by the church, we project the small group of people and cast that doubt on the millions that don't partake in the ridiculousness. Truth is, most church going people are chill. I know a lot of good pastors that don't drive fancy cars, that do want to just help the community. My aunt hasn't gotten a dime from the church but goes and preaches at the prision once a week, do  you think those people need religion? A little hope? Why take that away from people?

It all boils down to let people believe what they want to believe.

If you are an atheist, what is there to gain from calling people stupid for having faith in their beliefs? Like if you literally won every argument and converted everyone you talked to into believing there is no God. What have you really gained in YOUR life?

Me personally, I look at this debate like I look at the debate about ghosts. Some people believe in them and some dont.
For the ones that believe, they have experienced something in their lives that has convinced them that ghosts exist.

And it doesn't matter how much you say that there is no evidence proving ghosts exist, or how much or how many charts and graphs you post, or how much you discredit the pseudoscience that supports existence, or how much you ridicule them for believing in "fairy tales" like Casper or Slimer, they are still going to believe in ghosts.

And vice-versa.

Just do you and let other people cook.
But people who merely believe in ghosts do not mutilate the sexual organs of young children, commit suicide bombings or claim tax benefits. People who merely believe in ghosts do not get the automatic assumption that they are "good" people or use their belief to their advantage (Presidential candidates?), so no, your analogy is not applicable and yes, these debates should continue.

What do atheists have to gain from trying to make people question their religion? Well, what if I (or anyone) literally won every argument and converted a person lurking this forum who may potentially have been thinking about another Boston bombing style attack, but changed his mind because a thread like this awakened some questions within him about his faith? -I'm just speaking hypothetically of course, and yes, nine times out of ten, these internet debates usually end up being no more than futile back and forths with emoticons/memes and no mind/position changing at all, but you never know if one time, one of these debates* might just be the spark for someone to actually start thinking for themselves.

*Not necessarily on NT, but somewhere on the internet a debate or even a youtube vid could potentially sow the seeds of doubt for someone to question their faith.

Go to youtube and watch some of the Christopher Hitchens debates where they have a poll at the beginning to see what side people are on and how many people changed their minds once they had heard the arguments both for and against religion, you might be surprised at how effective a bit of critical thinking can be.

And btw, the people who say they believe in a "personal God" piss me off more than anything, I even have (slightly) more respect for someone who follows the Bible or Q'uran word for word and takes those stories literally than the wishy washy ones who say "Oh, I believe in some kind of supernatural creator but not necessarily the God of the bible, just some kind of force or energy out there who made all of this life possible and watches over me. He's similar to the the God of the Bible but I have changed him slightly to suit my own interpretation and needy requirements."

Why can't you just admit, you grew up on the indoctrination and teachings of the Bible ...you liked a few of the "morally" good stories in there that you hand-picked out, and then you invented your own personal version of God to help you cope with the mental toughness of life?

But people who merely believe in ghosts do not mutilate the sexual organs of young children, commit suicide bombings or claim tax benefits. People who merely believe in ghosts do not get the automatic assumption that they are "good" people or use their belief to their advantage (Presidential candidates?), so no, your analogy is not applicable and yes, these debates should continue.

What do atheists have to gain from trying to make people question their religion? Well, what if I (or anyone) literally won every argument and converted a person lurking this forum who may potentially have been thinking about another Boston bombing style attack, but changed his mind because a thread like this awakened some questions within him about his faith? -I'm just speaking hypothetically of course, and yes, nine times out of ten, these internet debates usually end up being no more than futile back and forths with emoticons/memes and no mind/position changing at all, but you never know if one time, one of these debates* might just be the spark for someone to actually start thinking for themselves.

*Not necessarily on NT, but somewhere on the internet a debate or even a youtube vid could potentially sow the seeds of doubt for someone to question their faith.

Go to youtube and watch some of the Christopher Hitchens debates where they have a poll at the beginning to see what side people are on and how many people changed their minds once they had heard the arguments both for and against religion, you might be surprised at how effective a bit of critical thinking can be.

And btw, the people who say they believe in a "personal God" piss me off more than anything, I even have (slightly) more respect for someone who follows the Bible or Q'uran word for word and takes those stories literally than the wishy washy ones who say "Oh, I believe in some kind of supernatural creator but not necessarily the God of the bible, just some kind of force or energy out there who made all of this life possible and watches over me. He's similar to the the God of the Bible but I have changed him slightly to suit my own interpretation and needy requirements."

Why can't you just admit, you grew up on the indoctrination and teachings of the Bible ...you liked a few of the "morally" good stories in there that you hand-picked out, and then you invented your own personal version of God to help you cope with the mental toughness of life?
you sound mad that people have created their own peace. YOU should find your own lane, it'll help you cope with that problem of yours... 

For one, that example does apply in the context in which it was presented.
One group of people believes. Another group of people are in direct opposition of those beliefs. It is the EXACT same thing as atheism vs religion

Secondly, you make the assumption that because these people are religious, they commit atrocities.
If you added up all of the regimes, and cults, and terrorists, and armies throughout history, that killed or did other things, in the name of religion,(meaning the men actually doing the killing, or raping, and the men ordering the killing):
it would not compare to the billions of people throughout history that use their religion for peace and tranquility.

You automatically make the assumption that because that person believes something different than what you believe,
that there is a good chance they are going to commit some heinous act.
When really those things are confined to any group of people.
All races, genders and creeds have the capacity for evil.

Last edited:
Your example doesn't apply because people who believe in ghosts don't automatically get respect for their beliefs, they aren't automatically (or at least feel like they are entitled to be) exempt from further questioning or criticism.

I make no assumptions at all, of course I know full well that the majority of "religious" people live their lives out in a normal hum drum existence the same as most non religious people do, without killing or stoning anyone and not mutilating children, but the point is that they don't really believe in the Bible or Q'uran, they just hand pick out the parts that they like and sure, if that gives them comfort then fine, but why the Bible? Why not take your moralistic values and comfort from Star Wars or Lord of the rings? they have just as much morality. heroism and inspiration as the Bible or Q'uran.

Last edited:
I stand on the rain drop, sand grain theory... We all know how small and minuscule earth is to the cosmos, we're pretty much equal to cells, atoms, molecules under our microscope or even smaller. I know that we are significant because we live on this plain, but IMO we are insignificant in the grand scheme of things. Not important enough to have a God.

Respectable perspective

Can't explain something? Make yourself believe God did it.. Upset because you'll never see Gandpa again? Make your self believe he is waiting for you in heaven... God is a comfort concept..

I honestly couldnt tell you.  But there are many biologists who could.

Perhaps take a class?

Education is the enemy of Religion.
in a nutshell

i believe in science because its backed up.....by science. religion is backed up by a whole lot of nothing and mumbo jumbo tailored give people any sort of reason to believe 

ill go on record and say that, in the event that god does exist, he (or she or it?) is probably a friggin *******.

Your example doesn't apply because people who believe in ghosts don't automatically get respect for their beliefs, they aren't automatically (or at least feel like they are entitled to be) exempt from further questioning or criticism.

I make no assumptions at all, of course I know full well that the majority of "religious" people live their lives out in a normal hum drum existence the same as most non religious people do, without killing or stoning anyone and not mutilating children, but the point is that they don't really believe in the Bible or Q'uran, they just hand pick out the parts that they like and sure, if that gives them comfort then fine, but why the Bible? Why not take your moralistic values and comfort from Star Wars or Lord of the rings? they have just as much morality. heroism and inspiration as the Bible or Q'uran.
Like I said it does apply in the context I used it.
Which is, the two sides cannot agree, and neither side really knows, beyond the shadow of a doubt, what the truth is.
All that other stuff you are talking about has nothing to do with the comparison I was making.

It doesnt matter if they get respect or feel entitled. WTF does that have to do with anything? Nothing. How is that hard for you to understand?

And you might not have made an assumption but that is what you implied.
Your first response was that it isnt like believing in ghosts because people that believe in ghosts dont hurt people and do other things.
Which implies that that religious people do those things. Which you just admitted isnt true. So that point is invalid as well.

Lastly, I think its amazing that you know what people do/do not believe in. How can you say they dont believe in the Bible or Quran?
The only part of your post that is actually valid is bolded. Which was my entire point to begin with. Worry about yourself.
It doesnt matter why they choose the Bible and you choose nothing. Live your life. Stop trying to live other people's lives for them.

13 pages? God is real, and OP won

False, 8 for me.

I/United Atheist Alliance wins.
Ok, I get it. Sure, the page settings can make it show 8 pages or 13. But how did the page settings get there? How come we have it and other sites don't have it? Hmm? How'd it get there? How'd this post get there? You can't explain that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom