If You Knew Your Coworker Was About To Get Fired Would You Say Something

Originally Posted by jhobson5

In the professional world you have to let some of your morals go. Meaning a friend maybe about to get fired, but it isnt professional of you or your place to say anything to them. It goes against morals in being a good person, but in the cooperate america being a nice person will get you eaten alive. 

Amen. Not to veer totally off topic, but one thing I see is that people are so quick to label their co-worker(s) as their friend(s).

Originally Posted by Retro23J

"You comin in next week?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we're good friends, yes. Just a co-worker, no. 

I'd let my friend know they need to start looking for a job a.s.a.p!

Originally Posted by Retro23J

"You comin in next week?"
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

If we're good friends, yes. Just a co-worker, no. 

I'd let my friend know they need to start looking for a job a.s.a.p!

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

As far as the situation goes we have been coworkers for a couple of years in my honest opinion they are finding a bull reason because her sales performance is weak
That's actually more than enough reason to get fired in that line of work. If you aren't generating revenue then why would someone pay you?

Originally Posted by QueenCitySneakerQueen

As far as the situation goes we have been coworkers for a couple of years in my honest opinion they are finding a bull reason because her sales performance is weak
That's actually more than enough reason to get fired in that line of work. If you aren't generating revenue then why would someone pay you?

I'm the IT guy, so I always know ahead of time when someone is getting terminated. Only 1 person has been actually fired in the 1.5 years I've been at my company though. I was the one to tell the dude that he got fired too. On his last day, he came up to me looking for assistance because his emails weren't flowing. I told him what the deal was, I had to stop his exchange emails, take away all access to internal tools, and take the company laptop back. I didn't like that.
laugh.gif

I'm the IT guy, so I always know ahead of time when someone is getting terminated. Only 1 person has been actually fired in the 1.5 years I've been at my company though. I was the one to tell the dude that he got fired too. On his last day, he came up to me looking for assistance because his emails weren't flowing. I told him what the deal was, I had to stop his exchange emails, take away all access to internal tools, and take the company laptop back. I didn't like that.
laugh.gif

I'm snitching. This way he can choose whether or not to leave then or earn a few extra bucks. This happened in my math class a couple of weeks ago. We come in, take our test for the first hour then the teach goes over the lesson plan for the day. After class and in front of everyone she goes. "You've reached your limit for absences so I dropped you last week." Man if that were me I couldnt imagine what I would say/do.
30t6p3b.gif

I'm snitching. This way he can choose whether or not to leave then or earn a few extra bucks. This happened in my math class a couple of weeks ago. We come in, take our test for the first hour then the teach goes over the lesson plan for the day. After class and in front of everyone she goes. "You've reached your limit for absences so I dropped you last week." Man if that were me I couldnt imagine what I would say/do.
30t6p3b.gif

"business is business, never personal."

doesnt matter how close you are, its not your place or your business to tell them.  Personal feeling should not be involved in business.

sure if its ya boy or ya home girl then you'll feel some type a way about it but usually they did something for them to get fired in the first place.

but if they are wrongfully fired, they can get unemplyoment checks or fight it and take the case to court. It will work out for them.

but like I said before "business is business, never personal." its not your place or business to tell them. and honestly, how is u telling them gonna help them?
if they gonna get fired, they gonna get fired.  when they do and you really care about them, just make sure your there with the:
1301806680001.png

I+know+that+feel+bro.png

"business is business, never personal."

doesnt matter how close you are, its not your place or your business to tell them.  Personal feeling should not be involved in business.

sure if its ya boy or ya home girl then you'll feel some type a way about it but usually they did something for them to get fired in the first place.

but if they are wrongfully fired, they can get unemplyoment checks or fight it and take the case to court. It will work out for them.

but like I said before "business is business, never personal." its not your place or business to tell them. and honestly, how is u telling them gonna help them?
if they gonna get fired, they gonna get fired.  when they do and you really care about them, just make sure your there with the:
1301806680001.png

I+know+that+feel+bro.png

Back
Top Bottom