If Your Child Wants To Become The Opposite Sex At A Very Early Age...What Would You Do?

Originally Posted by Rolaholic

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.

tell them shut up til they turn 18 they cant have a sex change and when they do turn 18 they gonna pay for it all on they own and it better not come from their college savings.

oh and that goes for the cross dressing aswell

tell them shut up til they turn 18 they cant have a sex change and when they do turn 18 they gonna pay for it all on they own and it better not come from their college savings.

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. It would definitely be hard to see your son/little girl become the opposite sex but I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.
you gonna be a terrible parent. hey while your at it why dont you host sex parties on their 10th birthday? or give lil jimmy a bmw for his 13th birthday? hell buy him a gun at 9 years old! if it makes him happy right? because if they dont get what they want they are gonna be unhappy, depressed, and commit suicide right??

you see what im getting at?

Thats life. tough $@*#. we all cant get what we want especially at 8 years old.

I'd do whatever I can to keep my child happy. If they're born with gender dysphoria I'll accept the fact that they identify with the opposite sex and try to help them achieve the goal of being the opposite sex. It would definitely be hard to see your son/little girl become the opposite sex but I'd much rather have a happy transgender child than one that would grow up uncomfortable and depressed which could eventually lead to suicide. I can deal with my child being transgender but I could not deal with my child being unhappy and killing themselves.
you gonna be a terrible parent. hey while your at it why dont you host sex parties on their 10th birthday? or give lil jimmy a bmw for his 13th birthday? hell buy him a gun at 9 years old! if it makes him happy right? because if they dont get what they want they are gonna be unhappy, depressed, and commit suicide right??

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

ignore her, but try to find out where she got the notion 
laugh.gif
Why would you ignore her?
Originally Posted by Cash is King

disowning em would not be out of question i honestly could not n would not deal with that there raising a he-she and letting it be hell no adios-ashego
You would disown your own blood?
In your opinion, is having to raise a he-she one of the worst circumstances in terms of being a parent?
Originally Posted by KidJoke

what about there sexuality? Does that change also?
I would assume that some do and some don't.
It depends on the individual that has gender dysphoria.
Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Commit that.
Commit what?
Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

would any doctor even perform that gender reassignment surgery on a child that young?
I guess I'd just tell them that it's impossible for a doctor to do it at that age
and once they're old enough to have it done, if they still feel the same the decision is theirs...
No, I don't think they would because they have to be 18 in order to go the whole 9 yards
Originally Posted by prymone

clifs of the cliffs?
id put em up for adoption n try again
clifs of the cliffs?

My mom is a social worker and in most cases they would perform an investigation on the child/parents.
Therefore, you would have to prove to a judge that you are incapable of caring for your child before anything as drastic as putting your child up for adoption/foster care ever became an option for you as a parent.

Some of these responses man 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

i would take my child to a counselor.
What would be the end goal of that?
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

I honestly hope some of you guys are joking... or never have kids because it's attitudes like this that foster the hate and ignorance towards the LGBT community.
They're probably not joking.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

ask where i went wrong
What's wrong with a woman wanting to become a man or a man wanting to become a woman?
Originally Posted by kidKiDd

30t6p3b.gif
I dislike the thought of ******s period.. No way in hell would I support my kid
Why wouldn't you support your child, that's your kin.
If anyone in your immediate family was a ******, would you support them?
Originally Posted by NobleKane

What would you do if your child talked to you about why they feel that they are the opposite sex and why they feel uncomfortable being forced to be something that they don't want to be?

Let's not throw insults just because someone has a different view of what they would do to make their children happy.
Those examples that you provides aren't realistic at all.
I see what you're getting at and I agree that there must be a give and a take when it comes to deciding what children should/shouldn't get.
Does a 10 year old need a sex party to make him happy? No, a Cinemax subscription will solve that problem.
Does lil Jimmy need a bmw for his 13th birthday to make him happy? Maybe, if all he wants to do is sit in the car.
Does lil Jimmy need a gun at 9 years old to make him happy? Hell no, buy him call of duty and a really loud surround sound system
Does lil Jimmy need to live his life the way he wants without hurting anyone? That's debatable.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

ignore her, but try to find out where she got the notion 
laugh.gif
Why would you ignore her?
Originally Posted by Cash is King

disowning em would not be out of question i honestly could not n would not deal with that there raising a he-she and letting it be hell no adios-ashego
You would disown your own blood?
In your opinion, is having to raise a he-she one of the worst circumstances in terms of being a parent?
Originally Posted by KidJoke

what about there sexuality? Does that change also?
I would assume that some do and some don't.
It depends on the individual that has gender dysphoria.
Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Commit that.
Commit what?
Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

would any doctor even perform that gender reassignment surgery on a child that young?
I guess I'd just tell them that it's impossible for a doctor to do it at that age
and once they're old enough to have it done, if they still feel the same the decision is theirs...
No, I don't think they would because they have to be 18 in order to go the whole 9 yards

clifs of the cliffs?
clifs of the cliffs?

My mom is a social worker and in most cases they would perform an investigation on the child/parents.
Therefore, you would have to prove to a judge that you are incapable of caring for your child before anything as drastic as putting your child up for adoption/foster care ever became an option for you as a parent.

Some of these responses man 
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Bigboi415

i would take my child to a counselor.
What would be the end goal of that?
Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

I honestly hope some of you guys are joking... or never have kids because it's attitudes like this that foster the hate and ignorance towards the LGBT community.
They're probably not joking.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by 160jordansdeep

ask where i went wrong
What's wrong with a woman wanting to become a man or a man wanting to become a woman?
Originally Posted by kidKiDd

30t6p3b.gif
I dislike the thought of ******s period.. No way in hell would I support my kid
Why wouldn't you support your child, that's your kin.
If anyone in your immediate family was a ******, would you support them?

What would you do if your child talked to you about why they feel that they are the opposite sex and why they feel uncomfortable being forced to be something that they don't want to be?

Let's not throw insults just because someone has a different view of what they would do to make their children happy.
Those examples that you provides aren't realistic at all.
I see what you're getting at and I agree that there must be a give and a take when it comes to deciding what children should/shouldn't get.
Does a 10 year old need a sex party to make him happy? No, a Cinemax subscription will solve that problem.
Does lil Jimmy need a bmw for his 13th birthday to make him happy? Maybe, if all he wants to do is sit in the car.
Does lil Jimmy need a gun at 9 years old to make him happy? Hell no, buy him call of duty and a really loud surround sound system
Does lil Jimmy need to live his life the way he wants without hurting anyone? That's debatable.

Young age? Not under any circumstance would I support this. When they're 18/21 they can chop off or add on w/e they want.

And when I really think about it I just might change their environment on a drastic level. No time to be thinking you feel like the opposite sex in the Himalayas.

Young age? Not under any circumstance would I support this. When they're 18/21 they can chop off or add on w/e they want.

And when I really think about it I just might change their environment on a drastic level. No time to be thinking you feel like the opposite sex in the Himalayas.

Let them ride it out, it's probably a phase. But there won't be any sex changes at 8 years old. The kid will have to be 18 for me to allow a decision like that.

Let them ride it out, it's probably a phase. But there won't be any sex changes at 8 years old. The kid will have to be 18 for me to allow a decision like that.

The possibility of them suffering gender dysphoria at a young age is pretty rare so I'll see if their feeling of being born the wrong gender persists for a number of years before taking any life changing action. It would be foolish to rush into it at a young age and then finding out that it was just a phase later on. Irreversible mistake.

The possibility of them suffering gender dysphoria at a young age is pretty rare so I'll see if their feeling of being born the wrong gender persists for a number of years before taking any life changing action. It would be foolish to rush into it at a young age and then finding out that it was just a phase later on. Irreversible mistake.

iYen wrote:
I don't think he has to do it legally
laugh.gif

iYen wrote:
I don't think he has to do it legally
laugh.gif

I can never come up with an answer to this...

If you go one way you risk scaring your child for life... If you go the other way you risk your child hating himself due to the ridicule he will receive from peers. It is one thing for an adult to handle people making fun of them, but as a child you don't know what kind of damage the ridicule is doing to him..

It is a damned if you do... Damned if you don't... To the up most degree on whatever your course of actions is..

Back
Top Bottom