If Your Child Wants To Become The Opposite Sex At A Very Early Age...What Would You Do?

i feel bad for them tho, once they get older. those vocal chords are gonna let the secret out.
a part of me tho would be like give them up for adoption/disown and try again and be like super liberals ftw

but another part of me would be like this is my child, i should help them thru..... uggghhhhh

the tough questions of life.

i feel bad for them tho, once they get older. those vocal chords are gonna let the secret out.
a part of me tho would be like give them up for adoption/disown and try again and be like super liberals ftw

but another part of me would be like this is my child, i should help them thru..... uggghhhhh

the tough questions of life.

@Tinkers, if Steve from 21st had to raise his child in an urban environment (high level of intolerance for many things) you don't think he would feel a certain type of way to see his friends, family, etc "judge" his child for that decision? Like I said, folks don't want to admit to it but we want our kids to look a certain way because it projects a certain image about the parents.

There is an undergrown form of competition when it comes to parenting. Folks that put their little girls in beauty pageants aren't the only ones that fall victim to this either. Everyday mothers and fathers do it as well.

Especially with Twitter/FB, spamming with the baby photos. Nothing more than, "Hey look. I am the prouder parent."

@Tinkers, if Steve from 21st had to raise his child in an urban environment (high level of intolerance for many things) you don't think he would feel a certain type of way to see his friends, family, etc "judge" his child for that decision? Like I said, folks don't want to admit to it but we want our kids to look a certain way because it projects a certain image about the parents.

There is an undergrown form of competition when it comes to parenting. Folks that put their little girls in beauty pageants aren't the only ones that fall victim to this either. Everyday mothers and fathers do it as well.

Especially with Twitter/FB, spamming with the baby photos. Nothing more than, "Hey look. I am the prouder parent."

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Since nobody wants to say it, I will. I think a main reason why a parent would be upset in this situation is because they probably would feel embarrassed by their child. Once the word gets out, the parent is going to have to answer questions. Ok, we see the elephant now.

Basically. From most of the threads I read NT has always been jaded when it comes to anything regard gay issues, except when it involves two girls. From the way some of these dudes type you'd think they'd off their seed if he ever came out the closet, either because of blatant hate towards homosexuals or so they didn't have to deal with the embarrasment. I wouldn't let an 8 year old get a sex change but if 8 to 10 years later they felt the same way, then they can make the choice as long as they know they're stuck with it.

Since nobody wants to say it, I will. I think a main reason why a parent would be upset in this situation is because they probably would feel embarrassed by their child. Once the word gets out, the parent is going to have to answer questions. Ok, we see the elephant now.

Basically. From most of the threads I read NT has always been jaded when it comes to anything regard gay issues, except when it involves two girls. From the way some of these dudes type you'd think they'd off their seed if he ever came out the closet, either because of blatant hate towards homosexuals or so they didn't have to deal with the embarrasment. I wouldn't let an 8 year old get a sex change but if 8 to 10 years later they felt the same way, then they can make the choice as long as they know they're stuck with it.

My initial reaction is that eight years old is WAY too young to be making such decisions.  I would not make my child conform to strict gender norms but I can't imagine I would allow them to have a sex-change operation or allow them to take hormones as a small child.  If they were a teenager it would be a different story and I would be supportive.  I think some of y'all in the name of "acceptance" would be making a huge mistake in allowing a small child to make a decision like that.

My initial reaction is that eight years old is WAY too young to be making such decisions.  I would not make my child conform to strict gender norms but I can't imagine I would allow them to have a sex-change operation or allow them to take hormones as a small child.  If they were a teenager it would be a different story and I would be supportive.  I think some of y'all in the name of "acceptance" would be making a huge mistake in allowing a small child to make a decision like that.

LOL I don't see how you can be against 2 dudes but be for 2 girls. Liking 2 girls is the most forced display of heterosexuality a man can show. I never got it. Never will. Sue me.

LOL I don't see how you can be against 2 dudes but be for 2 girls. Liking 2 girls is the most forced display of heterosexuality a man can show. I never got it. Never will. Sue me.

I thought this was obvious.  I would be embarrassed as a parent to say...yes i let my 8 year old get a sex change.  When i was 8 years old i didn't even know what my penis was.  Can't imagine allowing a kid to make a life altering decision at such a young age.

I thought this was obvious.  I would be embarrassed as a parent to say...yes i let my 8 year old get a sex change.  When i was 8 years old i didn't even know what my penis was.  Can't imagine allowing a kid to make a life altering decision at such a young age.

Originally Posted by red mpls

My initial reaction is that eight years old is WAY too young to be making such decisions.  I would not make my child conform to strict gender norms but I can't imagine I would allow them to have a sex-change operation or allow them to take hormones as a small child.  If they were a teenager it would be a different story and I would be supportive. 
Couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by red mpls

My initial reaction is that eight years old is WAY too young to be making such decisions.  I would not make my child conform to strict gender norms but I can't imagine I would allow them to have a sex-change operation or allow them to take hormones as a small child.  If they were a teenager it would be a different story and I would be supportive. 
Couldn't have said it better.

Originally Posted by Boys Noize

Originally Posted by MOSTHATED770

Originally Posted by prymone

id put em up for adoption n try again

I honestly hope some of you guys are joking... or never have kids because it's attitudes like this that foster the hate and ignorance towards the LGBT community.

Or you can shut up and worry bout your own kids.

Originally Posted by prymone

id put em up for adoption n try again

I honestly hope some of you guys are joking... or never have kids because it's attitudes like this that foster the hate and ignorance towards the LGBT community.

Originally Posted by dreaface

BTW...i really dont understand why people want sex changes.. no matter what they will never BE the opposite sex all their parts will look half ***. Why would you want half *** parts when you had the real thing?
Then don't comment?

Putting the kid up for adoption? You guys are less fit to be parents than I am. I pray to Xenu that you all have disfigured, but heterosexual children. Like Quasimoto status.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by dreaface

BTW...i really dont understand why people want sex changes.. no matter what they will never BE the opposite sex all their parts will look half ***. Why would you want half *** parts when you had the real thing?
Then don't comment?

Putting the kid up for adoption? You guys are less fit to be parents than I am. I pray to Xenu that you all have disfigured, but heterosexual children. Like Quasimoto status.
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

See there has to some type of failing in parenting and raising the child if they're already seriously thinking about having children at such a young age in the first place. Shouldn't even be on their minds like that.

The whole concept and issue to me seems to be a very environmental and societal problem and cause.
How is that a failing in parenting?
If your son/daughter asked you how they were born, would you tell them a made up story or the real thing?
Is wanting to have children in the future really too much to ask for out of life as opposed to other things kids want at a young age?
At 8 years old or younger? YES, a monumental fail.

At a young age, I'd tell them the real thing using scientific terms.

I don't even get the last questions. I don't see how wanting children in the future has to do with what kids want at a young age or what that has to do with young children wanting to change their gender. To kind of answer, I'd say wanting to have kids in the future is more important of a matter than any trivial thing a child may want at a young age.

In my post I said there must be some failing on the parents part if their children already have it in mind that they want children. They shouldn't even be thinking about having children.

Originally Posted by iYen

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

See there has to some type of failing in parenting and raising the child if they're already seriously thinking about having children at such a young age in the first place. Shouldn't even be on their minds like that.

The whole concept and issue to me seems to be a very environmental and societal problem and cause.
How is that a failing in parenting?
If your son/daughter asked you how they were born, would you tell them a made up story or the real thing?
Is wanting to have children in the future really too much to ask for out of life as opposed to other things kids want at a young age?
At 8 years old or younger? YES, a monumental fail.

At a young age, I'd tell them the real thing using scientific terms.

I don't even get the last questions. I don't see how wanting children in the future has to do with what kids want at a young age or what that has to do with young children wanting to change their gender. To kind of answer, I'd say wanting to have kids in the future is more important of a matter than any trivial thing a child may want at a young age.

In my post I said there must be some failing on the parents part if their children already have it in mind that they want children. They shouldn't even be thinking about having children.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Ignorant parents raise ignorant kids. As seen by you and the several other posters. Best option... sterilization.

Originally Posted by ThaT Dude173

Ignorant parents raise ignorant kids. As seen by you and the several other posters. Best option... sterilization.

I preface this statement with a super no Romo.

Ok, if a female wants to become a male, is she given a default male part or does she get to pick the details of it? I won't say anything else. You should know what I mean.

Back
Top Bottom