impossibe to lose feelings for an ex?

Originally Posted by FOG

So you want to get back at your ex? OK, this is how it goes. You get an orangutan. I’m not talking a monkey or some dancing chimp BS, I mean a damn orangutan. Don’t ask me how you’re gonna get an orangutan that’s not my problem. So the orangutan’s name is Clyde. This is non-negotiable, all orangutans are named Clyde. I don’t know why this is, it’s just how the world works. So you and Clyde become man (and ape) about town. You’re seen everywhere together, you make the scene. You and friends go out in big groups. You talk loud, you laugh louder. Every time you say something witty you high-five the orangutan. The town begins to buzz. It gets back to her. “Did you know the guy with the orangutan?

Very possible. Depeneds on the EX and the situation.

Even looking back now, I often think to myself..."I used to date HER?"
30t6p3b.gif
sick.gif

Females fall off quick just because or due to child birth. I always feel like I upgrade so...time and an upgrade can make them obsolete.

Originally Posted by FOG

So you want to get back at your ex? OK, this is how it goes. You get an orangutan. I’m not talking a monkey or some dancing chimp BS, I mean a damn orangutan. Don’t ask me how you’re gonna get an orangutan that’s not my problem. So the orangutan’s name is Clyde. This is non-negotiable, all orangutans are named Clyde. I don’t know why this is, it’s just how the world works. So you and Clyde become man (and ape) about town. You’re seen everywhere together, you make the scene. You and friends go out in big groups. You talk loud, you laugh louder. Every time you say something witty you high-five the orangutan. The town begins to buzz. It gets back to her. “Did you know the guy with the orangutan?

"If two past lovers can remain friends, its either they are still in love, or never were."

Let it go Bruh.

I've learned (from experience) that if you are still thinking about them 4, 5 or, 6 months down the road, why not talk to them again? I mean what have you got to lose? Especially if the relationship didn't end too bad...

I tried getting over my ex for 4-5 months and it just wasn't happening...I never even got close to getting over her...I tried talking to/getting with other girls...didn't help. So I started talking to her again and had to win her back, but it's been worth it IMO.

So, OP if you keep thinking about her and still love her my advice would be to try talking to her and give it another shot, IF YOU WANT. I mean, why not?...you only live once right?

You know what the truth is?

You broke up for a reason. And because of that reason, you are not currently with her.

Why you feel all these emotions due to her absence and how you aren't in a relationship anymore is because you continue to re-live the memories you've had with her and what it felt like when you guys were together, because well, regardless of the present and whatever point you guys are at your lives, you've had some amazing times with her, and you think to yourself, you would never feel that same way again with any other woman. You try dating again, you try going out and seeing other options, but it's just not the same. And you say it's unfair that it's not the same. And that's why you think of all those moments you've had with her. You want to go back to those emotions and the euphoria you felt being with her. 

Well guess what.

You won't feel those same feelings again for anyone.

Because any other woman isn't her. And they will never be. Much like how she will not be like any other woman. 

What you have to do is MAKE new moments. MAKE new opportunities with other women. Maybe you'll find another one and you'll MAKE new different emotions evoked by your new moments with that new girl.

Stop re-living the past.  It won't do you any good because you can't do anything about it. Appreciate it for what it is because you are here now because of what happened then. The fact of the matter is YOU are still here. And you have another opportunity.

Make the most of it.

Your life is ticking one second at a time. 

Originally Posted by jomitm

You broke up for a reason. And because of that reason, you are not currently with her.

Why you feel all these emotions due to her absence and how you aren't in a relationship anymore is because you continue to re-live the memories you've had with her and what it felt like when you guys were together, because well, regardless of the present and whatever point you guys are at your lives, you've had some amazing times with her, and you think to yourself, you would never feel that same way again with any other woman. You try dating again, you try going out and seeing other options, but it's just not the same. And you say it's unfair that it's not the same. And that's why you think of all those moments you've had with her. You want to go back to those emotions and the euphoria you felt being with her. 

Well guess what.

Because any other woman isn't her. And they will never be. Much like how she will not be like any other woman. 

What you have to do is MAKE new moments. MAKE new opportunities with other women. Maybe you'll find another one and you'll MAKE new different emotions evoked by your new moments with that new girl.

Stop re-living the past.  It won't do you any good because you can't do anything about it. Appreciate it for what it is because you are here now because of what happened then. The fact of the matter is YOU are still here. And you have another opportunity.

Make the most of it.

154hzc9.jpg

Originally Posted by FOG

Originally Posted by Cekpethobce

Would I want to stay friends with her? No... Can never be friends with someone who betray you (or at least it feels like she did)

You're not over her. Forgive and appreciate the time you had with her. Life is about the experiences.

Originally Posted by DJMano34

Originally Posted by Cekpethobce

Would I want to stay friends with her? No... Can never be friends with someone who betray you (or at least it feels like she did)
You're not over her. Forgive and appreciate the time you had with her. Life is about the experiences.

I'd rather live in present than in the past.

Originally Posted by KRS87

Well guess what.

Make the most of it.

154hzc9.jpg
guess if i don't achieve a higher high/euphoria with another woman then it would be impossible to lose feelings

What do you guys do to get over her?

Can i get the perspective of someone who isn't really social.
laugh.gif
(doesn't really like going out anymore, etc.)

Originally Posted by seniosoul

Originally Posted by KRS87

Well guess what.

Make the most of it.

154hzc9.jpg
guess if i don't achieve a higher high/euphoria with another woman then it would be impossible to lose feelings

That's where you're wrong my man.

Your first mistake is even comparing it.

Find another woman, and if you give it a shot, you will appreciate her for completely different reasons and have new experiences that will make you realize it's pointless to look back at how it was or how it could've been with someone else because you have RIGHT NOW.

Even if those feelings re-surface, you think you're still madly in love with your ex, but the truth is you are more in love with the memories, how she made you feel and what you had, and it gets you to thinking about alternate realities and you wish you were still in the past. 

But at some point you gotta man up, and say it won't help you just depressing over things you have no control of anymore. 

You have to let go for your own sake. She's not the one for you. Because if she was...well, you guys would still be together.

Now wake the %+%# up.

You deserve so much more and you know it.

Originally Posted by Peep Game

DeadsetAce wrote:

depends on why they're an ex...

X100,000

Bad, terrible breakups are pretty easy to get over, especially if it's the other person who caused it. Gradual splits cause of work,
distance, etc are usually harder to get over, but it's definitely not impossible to get over an ex. you'll always have that connection,
but that connection means less and less as time goes on, and also is based on your current relationship.

I agree, I just broke up with my ex 2 months ago. And it was a hard/bad breakup but it was her that kept messing up, I was honest and faithful to her but she's the one that messed up. The first few weeks after the breakup were really hard but now I'm doing better and feel better about things cause the way I look at it is that I'm not the one that messed up in the relationship.

Back
Top Bottom