iPhone: Post everything here

Originally Posted by fvargas2000

I heard that even if you can get the phone on T-Mobile, it will not be able to work with T-Mobiles 3g.

well i REFUSE to become a att customer so ill stick with the OG iphone.

Yo does anybody know if i upgrade my itunes to 7.7 will my phone brick?

It works now!!!!!!

Wooo Hoooooo!

happy.gif

Originally Posted by hella handsome

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

2.0 is great, I have it installed on my first day iPhone 8GB with no problems on the install (iTunes 7.7 on a 2.4Ghz 24" iMac Aluminum)

I almost feel like I don't need to get a iPhone 3G (though I will haha) Exchange integration with my work was pretty seamless with some glitches here and there (folder structure, rough security certificate integration).

Monkey Ball is amazing, AIM client and Myspace are great little apps too.

Is it a real AIM app? or is it apollo?

its aim straight from AOL

they have that app that lets you login to blogger and a bunch of other sites and blog/everythign else.

thats probably one of my favorite apps
AIM
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

AIM response even on Edge is VERY fast. Impressive, but I've some people found bugs. I wonder how software fixes/upgrades will be handled with iPhoneapps.

hey is the aim on the 3g is it constantly signed in all day like on sidekicks is the million dollar question...

also, i am debating on... jailbraking and unlocking my 1gen, selling and copping a 3g 16gb...

or... keeping my 1st gen..upgrading to 2.0 and see how everything plays out with the 3g...

i can not make up my mind... what do you guys think?

Originally Posted by SupraTurbo619

AIM response even on Edge is VERY fast. Impressive, but I've some people found bugs. I wonder how software fixes/upgrades will be handled with iPhone apps.

probably/HOPEFULLY the program will tell you when theres an upgrade when you start it. and you can upgrade right there on the phone and your phone willjust reset in your hand.

that would be fast and easy
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by stillmaticshay

hey is the aim on the 3g is it constantly signed in all day like on sidekicks is the million dollar question...

also, i am debating on... jailbraking and unlocking my 1gen, selling and copping a 3g 16gb...

or... keeping my 1st gen..upgrading to 2.0 and see how everything plays out with the 3g...

you should upgrade the 1st gen to 2.0 IMO. i keep reading and cant figure out WHATS SO AMAIZING?? i mean yea a 5 mpx cam and now you can use anyheadphones... and its plastic... whick IMO is wack. I actually see myself buying a newer 1st gen since my OG got a few scratches and go from there...

id just upgrade and see how you like 2.0

the only difference in the first gen 2.0 and the 3g is the 3g networking with gps/browsing the net while talking. thats it. everything else is the same.

and if you're constantly on a wifi connection, theres no point in upgrading for some.

so if you're just getting it because its the newest thing and hoping that theres a new look/feel, i suggest not upping your monthly bill. because edgemoves at 48sec. and 3g loads at 20

its only 20 seconds faster. if thats no big deal to you (like its no big deal to me) then dont spend the money on something you already have.

and then adding, alot of people are rushing out for hte 3g version... and their area doesnt have 3g... thats just a waste of money in itself

You can configure the iPhone AIM app to be signed on all the time. I have mine set to log off when I close the app.
The only thing is without a truetextile QWERTY it's hard to type fast. The iPhone does have fairly good predictive text features.

the only difference in the first gen 2.0 and the 3g is the 3g networking with gps/browsing the net while talking. thats it. everything else is the same.

and if you're constantly on a wifi connection, theres no point in upgrading for some.

so if you're just getting it because its the newest thing and hoping that theres a new look/feel, i suggest not upping your monthly bill. because edge moves at 48sec. and 3g loads at 20

its only 20 seconds faster. if thats no big deal to you (like its no big deal to me) then dont spend the money on something you already have.

and then adding, alot of people are rushing out for hte 3g version... and their area doesnt have 3g... thats just a waste of money in itself

damn its only 20 seconds faster? i admit i dont know too much about cell phones. the iphone is my first phone that ive had a data plan for. but is itreally just that? dudes made it seem like it was comparing 56k to broadband. and does anyone recommend upgrading the software if my iphone is jailbroken? willi lose anything from doing so?

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

so if you're just getting it because its the newest thing and hoping that theres a new look/feel, i suggest not upping your monthly bill. because edge moves at 48sec. and 3g loads at 20

damn its only 20 seconds faster? i admit i dont know too much about cell phones. the iphone is my first phone that ive had a data plan for. but is it really just that? dudes made it seem like it was comparing 56k to broadband. and does anyone recommend upgrading the software if my iphone is jailbroken? will i lose anything from doing so?

nah, its not like going from AOL to comcast.

dudes were talking about it today like they upgraded from AOL 4.0 to a T1 connection
roll.gif

and i suggest you wait until 2morrow when the jailbroken 2.0 is released. i was reading that it was gonna release 2morrow for the jailbroken group.

ok yeah i been on the ropes about this for a minute already... i should just probably do the 2.0 and call it a day...

hold up... so am i good to go ahead and update to 2.0? are they still having mad problems with the whole bricking of the 1st gens.. or should i wait a minuteon my update?

my 1st gen...
img4420ve5jo3.jpg

yeah so just 20 seconds faster on the internet... wow really? i thought it was a little quicker than that...

my little brother treewing is selling his unlocked 1st gen.. you can click the link for more info.

thanks for helping a girl out fellas!
smile.gif

youre a girl? i had no idea
laugh.gif

but thats off topic

i got that same case, and i want that shirt of your bg
smh.gif

anyone got super monkeyball?

damnit maybe i spoke to soon! I think 2.0 just bricked my phone, its says it cannot detect a signal and that it is required to complete activation, +@!%!!!!!

Originally Posted by RicH21KiD

damnit maybe i spoke to soon! I think 2.0 just bricked my phone, its says it cannot detect a signal and that it is required to complete activation, +@!%!!!!!

was your phone jailbroken?

ok yeah i been on the ropes about this for a minute already... i should just probably do the 2.0 and call it a day...

hold up... so am i good to go ahead and update to 2.0? are they still having mad problems with the whole bricking of the 1st gens.. or should i wait a minute on my update?

my 1st gen...
img4420ve5jo3.jpg

yeah so just 20 seconds faster on the internet... wow really? i thought it was a little quicker than that...

my little brother treewing is selling his unlocked 1st gen.. you can click the link for more info.

thanks for helping a girl out fellas!
smile.gif
i just did it and it worked fine......

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

damn its only 20 seconds faster? i admit i dont know too much about cell phones. the iphone is my first phone that ive had a data plan for. but is it really just that? dudes made it seem like it was comparing 56k to broadband. and does anyone recommend upgrading the software if my iphone is jailbroken? will i lose anything from doing so?

nah, its not like going from AOL to comcast.

dudes were talking about it today like they upgraded from AOL 4.0 to a T1 connection
roll.gif

and i suggest you wait until 2morrow when the jailbroken 2.0 is released. i was reading that it was gonna release 2morrow for the jailbroken group.

good looks fam. i guess i gotta wait another week since i dont have a pc in my apt. gotta do it at moms who lives an hour away.
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom