Is Earl Sweatshirt the Illest teen rapper ever?

!$*#% Lil Bow Wow was more entertaining then this !$*#%. I know yall like dudes who rap about nothing but sound good doing it but %#$. Dude aint garbage but he sound like a Lil Wayne/Eminem clone nothing unique

!$*#% Lil Bow Wow was more entertaining then this !$*#%. I know yall like dudes who rap about nothing but sound good doing it but %#$. Dude aint garbage but he sound like a Lil Wayne/Eminem clone nothing unique

Originally Posted by Russ tha G

A bunch of jumbled up raps thrown together over a beat doesn't make a song.
That's pretty much every rap song ever.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Most creative song I've heard in a few.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

spacerace wrote:
ChipToothSmile wrote:
Some of y'all obviously didn't read the title when it said teen. Nas > * . Now spell 19 and lock this up

people posting opinions that differ from your own so you want the thread locked up? makes since bro. 
and although the 19 year old Nas and the 16 year old Earl are both teens, one's a grown !+% man. 

like i said previously, give Earl another 3 years and then it'll be a fair to compare him to the artist already mentioned in this thread. 

This is exactly why I made the thread, Earl is still a kid. Of course Nas was still a teen when he made Illmatic, it still makes me
eek.gif
 when I think about it. But Earl's album dropped when he was 16. Dude's metaphors and wordplay should amaze you just for the fact that he is still a kid. So we shouldn't compare him Nas. 18-19 is still VERY young but Earl is a true adolescent still. 

A true adolescent. 
laugh.gif

How the hell aren't they supposed to compare him to Nas, if your criterion for the thread was simply based on a rapper's talent as a teenager?

You probably should have put "best under 18" in the thread title, if you didn't think Nas should be compared to him.

Originally Posted by nom de guerre

spacerace wrote:
ChipToothSmile wrote:
Some of y'all obviously didn't read the title when it said teen. Nas > * . Now spell 19 and lock this up

people posting opinions that differ from your own so you want the thread locked up? makes since bro. 
and although the 19 year old Nas and the 16 year old Earl are both teens, one's a grown !+% man. 

like i said previously, give Earl another 3 years and then it'll be a fair to compare him to the artist already mentioned in this thread. 

This is exactly why I made the thread, Earl is still a kid. Of course Nas was still a teen when he made Illmatic, it still makes me
eek.gif
 when I think about it. But Earl's album dropped when he was 16. Dude's metaphors and wordplay should amaze you just for the fact that he is still a kid. So we shouldn't compare him Nas. 18-19 is still VERY young but Earl is a true adolescent still. 

A true adolescent. 
laugh.gif

How the hell aren't they supposed to compare him to Nas, if your criterion for the thread was simply based on a rapper's talent as a teenager?

You probably should have put "best under 18" in the thread title, if you didn't think Nas should be compared to him.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This kid is amazing.

He's going to be so set once he gets back.

Originally Posted by I Live In Texas

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

This kid is amazing.

He's going to be so set once he gets back.

What I am trying to figure out is, why is it too "early" to consider Earl the best?

The best 3 arguments against Earl is:

Shyheim who was dope as hell but NONE of his albums have ever been included in any of the "GOAT" discussions. And it's safe to say dude fell off

NaS and Rakim both dropped classics, but both were 19...hold up....nineTEEN. At 19 they have graduated from highschool, have had their license for 3 years, recognized by law as an "ADULT"

Earl just BARELY got his drivers license and dude is already a beast, by law he is recognized as a minor which is exactly the reason why he wont be making any more music until he is 18. What we are hearing from earl is music he has been doing from the ages of 14-16. If you all are honestly going to sit here and say 16 and 19 are the same then you are buggin. Anyone who has lived life, knows from the ages of 12-20 your thought process rapidly changes and matures with every passing year. Also Lil Wayne was garbage as a teen, and is garbage now, and that song was posted to plead his case was pathetic.

Also since when has the art of story telling now considered "not saying anything"? Rap is the only genre, where if you are not talking about money, drugs, hood-life, and females than you aren't saying anything. Total BS. "I don't like what Earl raps about." Yet you just bought a ticket to go see Saw 8. "I don't like what Earl raps about." Yet you just DL'ed Rick Ross because he eloquently explained to you how many Maybachs he bought on every song.  People are always so afraid of "new"

-The Juice

What I am trying to figure out is, why is it too "early" to consider Earl the best?

The best 3 arguments against Earl is:

Shyheim who was dope as hell but NONE of his albums have ever been included in any of the "GOAT" discussions. And it's safe to say dude fell off

NaS and Rakim both dropped classics, but both were 19...hold up....nineTEEN. At 19 they have graduated from highschool, have had their license for 3 years, recognized by law as an "ADULT"

Earl just BARELY got his drivers license and dude is already a beast, by law he is recognized as a minor which is exactly the reason why he wont be making any more music until he is 18. What we are hearing from earl is music he has been doing from the ages of 14-16. If you all are honestly going to sit here and say 16 and 19 are the same then you are buggin. Anyone who has lived life, knows from the ages of 12-20 your thought process rapidly changes and matures with every passing year. Also Lil Wayne was garbage as a teen, and is garbage now, and that song was posted to plead his case was pathetic.

Also since when has the art of story telling now considered "not saying anything"? Rap is the only genre, where if you are not talking about money, drugs, hood-life, and females than you aren't saying anything. Total BS. "I don't like what Earl raps about." Yet you just bought a ticket to go see Saw 8. "I don't like what Earl raps about." Yet you just DL'ed Rick Ross because he eloquently explained to you how many Maybachs he bought on every song.  People are always so afraid of "new"

-The Juice

Well there arent many 15-16 year old to compare him to. He's a talented dude and EARL is an awesome mixtape.

edit: I know many are turned off by the content/subject and all that but you cant deny the talent

Well there arent many 15-16 year old to compare him to. He's a talented dude and EARL is an awesome mixtape.

edit: I know many are turned off by the content/subject and all that but you cant deny the talent

Originally Posted by youdontknowme

you put it well imo

Originally Posted by youdontknowme

you put it well imo

I won't mention LL although he is a legend and had a great impact on Def Jam/Hip Hop in the mid 80s because the culture was still being nourished and cultivated. But:

Too Short (Dropped his first album in '83 at about 16/17)
Wayne from '93-99 (He was 11-17 y/o)
B.G. from '96-99 (He was about 15-19 y/o)
Outkast (They signed their deal in 92 (They were 16/17) and, dropped their first single in '93)
Mobb Deep (They were in the Source I belive in '93 at 17/18 y/o)
Shyheim of course (Im from florida (23 y/o) and, dudes bumped the kid down here! My uncle had some of his material on cassette as a matter of fact)
No one mentioned Bone Thugz N Harmony? (They dropped in '93/94) and were all about 17/18/19.
Pharcyde?
Rakim and Nas have been spoken about but, I will include theme as well.

One thing you guys are forgetting, These current rappers have the glory of all of this new music technology at their
disposal. I bet Nas recorded his demo when he was at minimum 16 and finished it when he was 17 or 18. A lot of these demos rappers did when they were minors are destroyed so, we will never now their lyrical prowess at that age. It's scattered. And, People forget, back in
the 80s and 90s, most albums were recorded over the course of years. Some albums today are finished in months, hell, sometimes weeks.
So, say a rapper dropped an album at 18 or 19, really, the recording of it took place when they were much younger. I think Shyheim is up there though. Unfortunately, I dont think folks were truly ready to witness a 14/15/16 y/o Gangster rapper. Dude was nice. He dropped Rugged child at 15! But, we all know Earl will have his shine of course. Only a matter of time.

I won't mention LL although he is a legend and had a great impact on Def Jam/Hip Hop in the mid 80s because the culture was still being nourished and cultivated. But:

Too Short (Dropped his first album in '83 at about 16/17)
Wayne from '93-99 (He was 11-17 y/o)
B.G. from '96-99 (He was about 15-19 y/o)
Outkast (They signed their deal in 92 (They were 16/17) and, dropped their first single in '93)
Mobb Deep (They were in the Source I belive in '93 at 17/18 y/o)
Shyheim of course (Im from florida (23 y/o) and, dudes bumped the kid down here! My uncle had some of his material on cassette as a matter of fact)
No one mentioned Bone Thugz N Harmony? (They dropped in '93/94) and were all about 17/18/19.
Pharcyde?
Rakim and Nas have been spoken about but, I will include theme as well.

One thing you guys are forgetting, These current rappers have the glory of all of this new music technology at their
disposal. I bet Nas recorded his demo when he was at minimum 16 and finished it when he was 17 or 18. A lot of these demos rappers did when they were minors are destroyed so, we will never now their lyrical prowess at that age. It's scattered. And, People forget, back in
the 80s and 90s, most albums were recorded over the course of years. Some albums today are finished in months, hell, sometimes weeks.
So, say a rapper dropped an album at 18 or 19, really, the recording of it took place when they were much younger. I think Shyheim is up there though. Unfortunately, I dont think folks were truly ready to witness a 14/15/16 y/o Gangster rapper. Dude was nice. He dropped Rugged child at 15! But, we all know Earl will have his shine of course. Only a matter of time.

*Also, Ice Cube. He made MAJOR noise with NWA. I believe He joined when he was 17? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

*Also, Ice Cube. He made MAJOR noise with NWA. I believe He joined when he was 17? Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Back
Top Bottom