Is Everyone On Niketalk a Sneakerhead??

Still am a lil bu not as when I first joined the site. Haven't even bought a pair in a couple months now

I like shoes but never considered myself a head.
Last pair of sneakers I bought were 2 years ago. What's cool about NT is that it's so diverse, you don't even need to care about shoes to have a good time on here. That's why I'm still here.

I was never into sneakers as heavy as everyone was. But I was into collecting retros for a little while, but only a little while. I came to NT for the sneaker posts and I ended up staying for general and S&T.

I still like sneakers, just a bit more cynical about the hobby than when I was younger. Also don't stress when I miss out on kicks, I can live without certain pairs.

Sneaker-talk in General, though, I'm confused.

Originally Posted by megatron

No, never have, never will.

I'll leave that for the kids and hypebeats.

but then you say

I'm far from a child my son, and i've been in the shoe game since 98 with the black/red XIIIs. 

BTW, who the hell calls it "the shoe game"? 
laugh.gif

I stay in general more than anything......haven't brought a pair of shoes since August of last year....and it's not because I stopped having interest in sneakers....didn't have the funds....plus had priorities I had to take care of first.

My interest in sneakers is still there, I use to keep up with release dates faithfully, now not so much, I refuse to go to sneaker sites that drop that information.......what good is knowing when x,y, and z is dropping when you're broke and unemployed?

Originally Posted by WITNESSkb24

No, never have, never will.

I'll leave that for the kids and hypebeats.

but then you say

I'm far from a child my son, and i've been in the shoe game since 98 with the black/red XIIIs. 

BTW, who the hell calls it "the shoe game"? 
laugh.gif

I had to allude to older niketalk terms to get through this dudes head, ma.

Originally Posted by Dmvbatman

I stay in general more than anything......haven't brought a pair of shoes since August of last year....and it's not because I stopped having interest in sneakers....didn't have the funds....plus had priorities I had to take care of first.

My interest in sneakers is still there, I use to keep up with release dates faithfully, now not so much, I refuse to go to sneaker sites that drop that information.......what good is knowing when x,y, and z is dropping when you're broke and unemployed?

This.

laugh.gif
@ dude trying to defend his Yeezy's, trying to say you was a fan before "everyone else" jumped on the bandwagon

Originally Posted by 940sicc3

laugh.gif
got em

How did he "get me"? I've been a Kanye West fan since the Through The Wire video when I was 10 years old. Way before than most of the people who own Yeezys which probably didn't mess with Ye until Stronger or Gold Digger. Fall back and regroup.

well if you arent a hypebeast, you sure as hell a kid
laugh.gif

I've been a Kanye West fan since the Through The Wire video when I was 10 years old

Through The Wire video came out November 2003
been in the shoe game since 98 with the black/red XIIIs

So you been in the "shoe game" since you were 4-5?
monkey-slap.jpg

Originally Posted by quik1987

well if you arent a hypebeast, you sure as hell a kid
laugh.gif

I've been a Kanye West fan since the Through The Wire video when I was 10 years old

I know when the through the wire video came out, and i know how old i was, no need to post the date.

And yes i've been into jordans that long being born in chicago with that jordan influence in that whole city.

I used to be big into it like most people here. Just grew out of it. I am still into fashion in general tho. Just more about a simple 'adult' look now.

But sometimes I will see some retros that drop and be like "man those are nice." I won't buy them tho.

Originally Posted by quik1987

I know when the through the wire video came out, and i know how old i was, no need to post the date.

And yes i've been into jordans that long being born in chicago with that jordan influence in that whole city.

you trying too hard dude. It's ok to admit that your a sneakerhead. Confused youngin.

I don't see how people all of a sudden fall out of love for sneakers. I can understand slowing down as you get older, but the love for fresh shoes never dies...

i was into sneakers heavy when i first joined 10 years back.... now i just browse the general forum and pick up sneakers every blue moon. 

Back
Top Bottom