Is it wise to have a girlfriend while having no job and being broke?

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

it really depends on the kind of girl

last summer i was seeing this girl..no car..no job and she still held me down

really grateful man...glad there's still those kinda girls around

Man before I got a job my girl NEVER said anything but I always found a way to hustle up some cash so I can take her on dates and get her gifts.
smokin.gif

Dating whilst broke can be tough if you aint got no imagination or creativity.... If you have, cheap and quirky can work for dates/gifts...

Does depend whether the chick is receptive to that %%%@ though..

If you got some boring **#, no hobby having, social media hoar kinda chick then you gonna be struggling with the origami nah mean?
ohwell.gif

You gotta be the kind of guy that has women approach him for this to even be remotely possible. Has to be a situation where shes carrying the weight and youre just there to supply D, or to go along w/whatever she arranges. Basically if your looks dont stand out in a crowd, or youre not hood, and shes not a white girl.. you have no business pursuing this endeavor.

^ get that little green eyed snake out of here. Plz. Ugh. Hate that that munchkin. Probably can't even touch the counter to pay for his gummy bears.

If you can pull it off, go for it...tell her you want to come over and surprise her with a dinner, hopefully she already has all the ingredients you'll need.

My woman was there for me when I was broke...when I couldn't take her out for dinners, buy her any random gifts etc...(i was investing every penny I had into saving and building my business)

Now that my life is turning around, she's gonna get the world...(or at least as much of it as I can afford lol)

But really...you can't chose when you find the right woman...and sometimes...that right woman, might come along when you're broke and things aren't moving....

Originally Posted by ksteezy

If you can pull it off, go for it...tell her you want to come over and surprise her with a dinner, hopefully she already has all the ingredients you'll need.
What you did there..
nerd.gif

I'm talking to a girl, but I told her straight up "No full-time job, no girl friend". Gotta have your priorities in check.

^^ eiddyfouws ounds like you were building rather than broke.. if youre flatline with no prospects.. much different outlook than if youre on grindmode and shes enjoying life with you on that level

Probably not the best idea.

Instead try to get the P, and be the guy who she lets hit after her date/boyfriend/simp takes her out and does all that expensive $%%#.

It sounds crazy, but if a girl is feeling you and you let her know from jump you ain't got no money you avoid the whole relationship category while still having a chance at the P.

I've been doing this for a little while now, been pretty successful 
laugh.gif

As a man I wouldnt feel right trying to enter a relationship with no funds to my name or coming in

I dont wanna put that financial burden on anyone in any relationship, whether it was with a female or family

Im 27, its hard to have fun in a new relationship without any money, im way pass that just kickin it around all the time the crib age

and i will not allow any woman or anyone else take care of me

my girl held me ALL the way down for half a year. a brotha was using hand fulls of coins to pay for the bus to meet with her, and she would give me some money to pay for the trip there and the trip back, and pay for dinner.

now that i have a little bit of extra cash flow, i've been trying to buy her gifts and show her how appreciated that was... there's not really any other feeling in the world like knowing that someone (other than your parents) is down for you like she proved she was for me.

i love that woman man. even though she's kinda a #!!!$!*... naw she is, but she's my #!!!$!* damnit
laugh.gif

hood rodents are blocked now?
indifferent.gif

im feeling sorta like you.  man i was broke. and im not the type that relies on friends . so when she was with me deep down i appreciated everything. but you know as most of us are, we dont show our entire feelings out. so i would treat her great but i wanted to put er on a pedestal. when i was homeless i was either in my car listening to radio or in the gym showering . but she supported me not financially but as my girl and i appreciate that. but something i dont get is why we broke off ? i mean i make more than minimum wage, and i save my cash, i was able to take her out to better places like for instance if it was burgers i could only get us jack, now i could get red robin, in and out. sorry nters if i post my biz out its just i dont have friends but its by choice. i try not to think back but my shorty was like an angel that helped me through my troubles and when my wings were grown she left. and deep down i miss her.

Originally Posted by Swagu

my girl held me ALL the way down for half a year. a brotha was using hand fulls of coins to pay for the bus to meet with her, and she would give me some money to pay for the trip there and the trip back, and pay for dinner.

now that i have a little bit of extra cash flow, i've been trying to buy her gifts and show her how appreciated that was... there's not really any other feeling in the world like knowing that someone (other than your parents) is down for you like she proved she was for me.

i love that woman man. even though she's kinda a #!!!$!*... naw she is, but she's my #!!!$!* damnit
laugh.gif

hood rodents are blocked now?
indifferent.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
its a really good feeling

Originally Posted by blazinRook

Originally Posted by CJ863

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

it really depends on the kind of girl

last summer i was seeing this girl..no car..no job and she still held me down

really grateful man...glad there's still those kinda girls around
Truth. From experience.

you still with her?

no we both moved
laugh.gif
but once again it depends on the girl...it cant be with one of those materialistic chicks

mixed rican/white outdoorsy hipster girl from maine who just wanted someone to share experiences with...damb i miss her
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Phen0m

^^ eiddyfouws ounds like you were building rather than broke.. if youre flatline with no prospects.. much different outlook than if youre on grindmode and shes enjoying life with you on that level
I guess from that aspect you have a point. 
But in my mind, I really felt like my back was to the wall with my woman.  Cause a lot of dudes around us were way more financially stable.  Dudes were copping new BMW's, another just bought a nice apartment with an ocean view.  At that time I was making peanuts with a very unsteady income. Things are looking only a tad bit better now, but the future is looking bright. 

However, regarding being broke with no prospects, I know what that's like too.  A few years ago, before I started my business, I was applying for jobs literally like 20 a day.  No hope, nothing coming through for months on end.  I moved into a family members house in the spare room cause I couldn't afford to live alone.  Strangely enough, I had a woman in my life at the time, she held me down, gave me motivation on the daily was there to listen to me vent my frustrations (I'm a self-motivated person, but damn a man can only take so many punches).  At the time, it's what I needed most...we broke up later cause she moved to another state, but real talk...today, I'm very thankful she was in my life...

Back
Top Bottom