IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

Because we're discussing the greatest/best players in NBA history, regardless of position.
Troll fail.
Go somewhere with the troll talk.

I made a point. It makes no sense to compare players that don't play the same position.
It really makes no sense to compare (better/worse) players that didn't even play in the same era to be honest.

I don't see the fascination, but to compare Kareem and Kobe? FOR WHAT?

DC isnt there some old threads you should be bumping?

ol grave diggin troll.

Last edited:
Because we're discussing the greatest/best players in NBA history, regardless of position.
Troll fail.
Go somewhere with the troll talk.

I made a point. It makes no sense to compare players that don't play the same position.
It really makes no sense to compare (better/worse) players that didn't even play in the same era to be honest.

I don't see the fascination, but to compare Kareem and Kobe? FOR WHAT?

No one compared the two players straight up but the discussion is about the greatest players ever and their rankings.

There are a bunch of different metrics that can be accounted for...impact, versatility, accomplishments, averages, competition, teammates, etc,

If you have nothing to bring to the discussion, thats cool but to act like you've never seen or heard of a greatest player list that includes all positions, reeks of your usual troll tactics.

Greatest poll lists are stupid. That is what I have to contribute.

Let Kobe be Kobe. Arguably the 2nd best SG that has ever lived. Of course he isn't NOW what he USED to be but who is? We all know that. Why are we stating the obvious? But to call his career overrated is simply hateful and stupid. There is no other way to put that.

Also CP1708 has to be the biggest troll here.
He really just try to diss Magic and Bird....2 of the top ten players ever to make kobe look better.
:smh:

Also CP fav player of all time Nick van exel. That tells you something and its not good. :lol:
I see you can't stay on topic without attacking the character of people in the thread.

NVE being his favorite player of all time has WHAT to do with this discussion? Not seeing the importance of bringing that up.

Will Bynum is my favorite player but what does that mean? Nothing, it just means he is my favorite player.

Stop trying so hard to shift the focus.

And It is 2012, why are people still using the, "He thinks he is Jordan" card? Man that argument died in 1999. Who even still compares those two dudes? I don't see the point in mentioning those two in the same breath anymore. So old. Get new material. Sound like those dudes that say LeBronze can't shoot. Get new material.

Also CP1708 has to be the biggest troll here.
He really just try to diss Magic and Bird....2 of the top ten players ever to make kobe look better.
:smh:

Also CP fav player of all time Nick van exel. That tells you something and its not good. :lol:
I see you can't stay on topic without attacking the character of people in the thread.

NVE being his favorite player of all time has WHAT to do with this discussion? Not seeing the importance of bringing that up.

Will Bynum is my favorite player but what does that mean? Nothing, it just means he is my favorite player.

Stop trying so hard to shift the focus.

I'm from where they send shots then we send em back.

Trust me this dude CP follows me like we on twitter. Hell he talks about me on Twitter. The guy wants me to give him attention so Im giving it to him.

Last edited:
I asked a simple question. How are you going to use a person's favorite player against him? As if that invalidates his opinion on anything related to this topic. That is foul and illogical.

DC let him keep going. This is straight comedy. :lol:

Got his tag partner Doo Doo in here :lol:

How you sound tho

Maybe you should add to the discussion and not be a cheerleader on the sidelines.

Basically.

And I'm not taking anything away from Kobe. I tried to reinforce that on the first couple of pages. He's a great scorer with a top 10 NBA career but I think he is overrated in the all-time rankings of many. If you thinking I'm hating or stupid for thinking that, so be it.

And It is 2012, why are people still using the, "He thinks he is Jordan" card? Man that argument died in 1999. Who even still compares those two dudes? I don't see the point in mentioning those two in the same breath anymore. So old. Get new material. Sound like those dudes that say LeBronze can't shoot. Get new material.

I don't even know what you're talking about now.

"He thinks he is Jordan card", LeBronze can't shoot, 1999 arguments?... :lol:

You don't have an opinion on the matter. Lists are stupid and Kobe is Kobe to you.

Cool.

Last edited:
I asked a simple question. How are you going to use a person's favorite player against him? As if that invalidates his opinion on anything related to this topic. That is foul and illogical.

PM me.

Not gonna derail this thread.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Oh yea, whenever someone attempts to make a point they are upset. Again, get new material man.

You don't know what I am talking about? Sure you do. You spent countless "minutes" editing your post about Jordan's accomplishments vs. Kobe as if anyone honestly believes there is a comparison. Like I said, why waste your time/effort on THAT argument when nobody is fighting that battle anymore? That battle honestly was never there. Something the media created and something that is at least 10 years old. So I don't see why you bring up Jordan in this topic.

Now I can agree with the idea of Kobe not being as "clutch" as folks make him out to be. Low shooting % during those clutch moments but I am not even sure if I view clutch as serious as most do anyways. That is a different story. But his shooting % during those "clutch" moments stunk at one point.

The truth about Kobe Bryant in crunch time - http://www.espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time

A nice article from TrueHoop about a year or so ago.

Oh yea, whenever someone attempts to make a point they are upset. Again, get new material man.

You don't know what I am talking about? Sure you do. You spent countless "minutes" editing your post about Jordan's accomplishments vs. Kobe as if anyone honestly believes there is a comparison. Like I said, why waste your time/effort on THAT argument when nobody is fighting that battle anymore? That battle honestly was never there. Something the media created and something that is at least 10 years old. So I don't see why you bring up Jordan in this topic.

I copied and pasted all of that from 1 site, didn't take long.

I just posted those comparisons to show how large the rift is in their talent levels and achievements.

I also posted other legends who are more skilled, efficient and impactful players than Kobe.

This is in no way a Kobe vs Jordan thread,

Other people posted their lists which included centers and forwards no one said anything, now that I put the skills and careers of other greats in perspective there's a problem?

Last edited:
DC let him keep going. This is straight comedy. :lol:

Got his tag partner Doo Doo in here :lol:

How you sound tho

Maybe you should add to the discussion and not be a cheerleader on the sidelines.

:lol: Homie you're not even discussing anything. You just keep posting a bunch pics of Kobe like you always do in every thread about the NBA. Its like you got this weird obsession with the man. All you do is beg for attention and a reaction. **** is disgusting. :lol: :smh:

Last edited:
I just posted those comparisons to show how large the rift is in their talent levels and achievements.
I also posted other legends who are more skilled, efficient and impactful players than Kobe.
Other people posted their lists which included centers and forwards no one said anything, now that I put the skills and careers of other greats in perspective there's a problem?
No it isn't just you. You were just the one that I saw. I wasn't going to police the whole thread.

I am simply asking why even bring Jordan up?

No it isn't just you. You were just the one that I saw. I wasn't going to police the whole thread.

I am simply asking why even bring Jordan up?

Because the discussion is about all time greats and their rankings...

Isn't MJ an all time great? Isn't he a better player than Kobe?

You say that it doesn't make sense to compare players of different positions....didn't MJ and Kobe play that same position?

So why not bring up Jordan?

A Spur fan postin nonstop about Tim Duncan in a Kobe thread, now speakin on me and what I can say on MY Twitter? Aiight, go ahead and check said Twitter now. Ain't no mods over there ***** get the message. Loud and perfectly clear.

But Jordan is essentially a God. Kobe is never going to be better than Mike. Nobody honestly thinks he is. So it is understood that Jordan is the #1 SG of the last 20 years. So why even bring him up? Why state the obvious other than to rub it in the face and upset Kobe fans? I am just saying, what is the point?

A Spur fan postin nonstop about Tim Duncan in a Kobe thread, now speakin on me and what I can say on MY Twitter? Aiight, go ahead and check said Twitter now. Ain't no mods over there ***** get the message. Loud and perfectly clear.

You already loss. Im over here chillin you on twitter ranting. You a grown man with a family worried about a dude that lives 2000 miles away from you. Making threats you know you cant keep.

Grow up B.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom