IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

I'm a big kobe fan and my Xbox GT was Young Kobe and than my friend goes "dude your only 3 yrs younger than him" :lol:
I ended up changing my GT. This post is pointless but i do want to say Young Kobe was in Murder Mode in Halo 2.

exactly what i was thinking.. where are the haters now? even though the lakers didnt win last night, kobe has been playing very productive and has shot a high percentage. he has been a little bit lazy on defense, gambling.. but then again, it is a team game, and not all praise or criticism can be put on one player.

exactly what i was thinking.. where are the haters now? even though the lakers didnt win last night, kobe has been playing very productive and has shot a high percentage. he has been a little bit lazy on defense, gambling.. but then again, it is a team game, and not all praise or criticism can be put on one player.
"Where are the haters now"
roll.gif

Dude has one good shooting game every 5-6 games, and y'all pop up out of nowhere.

KOBE BRYANT IS TRASH. HIS TEAM IS BETTER WITHOUT HIM.

:smh:one of the most disrespected greats of the game.

No matter what at the end of the day - people will be talking about him 20 years from now. One of the last few greats of the game.

Son got the team he wanted and still showing he's just a great jump shooter & a system champion.

Son got the team he wanted and still showing he's just a great jump shooter & a system champion.

as opposed to what? a player who has no jump shot and plays in no system or structure? every coach has a system. every player needs to be used to their strengths to flourish. this isn't exactly exclusive to kobe.

as opposed to what? a player who has no jump shot and plays in no system or structure? every coach has a system. every player needs to be used to their strengths to flourish. this isn't exactly exclusive to kobe.
as opposed to a player who doesn't rely on a jumpshot and focuses on making his overall team better and still manages to put up 30 points a game while managing to feed his teammates.

As opposed to a player who doesn't have a 7ft center let alone 2 and still finds away to make his team elite year in year out.... Even with Mike Brown & even with a young inexperienced head coach

but yeah there's no player out there like that

Im a Celtics fan and Kobe is the enemy. But overrated? Not at all. Kobe will go down as one of the greatest basketball players ever. And that's coming from a guy who doesnt even like him.   

Definitely not overrated. Go back every 4 years and see who gets compared to Kobe and is "better than him." AI, VC, T-Mac, Ray Allen, etc and up until the last 3 years with Wade, KD, Lebron. The one consistent player that has been there for the last 15 years is Kobe. You can't overrate someone who has had such a long lasting and steady career.

Has he been a ball hog sometimes? Yes. Has he been fortunate? Yes. Has he won a lot. Yes. Has he put up the stats? Yes. Is he overrated? No. 

People will hate until years and years from now until they look back at his overall career. 

If Kobe is overrated then what does that mean for all the "superstars" that were along side him such as AI, VC, T-Mac, Ray Allen, Wade etc?

He IS overrated if top 5 all time is where you place him which is where a lot new school fans place him.

Nobody is denying kobe is an all time great but top tier great is where his actual contributions compared to his legend has to be analyzed.

Stars aligned for his career and that shouldn't be held against him but had he not been traded to LA and been forced to play in Charlotte or let's say..... Cleveland does he carry teams to glory?

I'm saying this because people seem to act like kobe has always been the reason they've won ships. He's never carried a team on his back to the finals see his 1&1/2 final mvps in 5 rings

Last edited:
as opposed to a player who doesn't rely on a jumpshot and focuses on making his overall team better and still manages to put up 30 points a game while managing to feed his teammates.
As opposed to a player who doesn't have a 7ft center let alone 2 and still finds away to make his team elite year in year out.... Even with Mike Brown & even with a young inexperienced head coach
but yeah there's no player out there like that

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....so let me get this straight ....Player A > Player B. Therefore, Player B is overrated?

Logic. :rolleyes

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ....so let me get this straight ....Player A > Player B. Therefore, Player B is overrated?
Logic. :rolleyes
when was that type of argument presented? He asked me as opposed to what type of player? As if a jumpshooter who seems to only win in one system with one coach is the only type of player there is

when was that type of argument presented? He asked me as opposed to what type of player? As if a jumpshooter who seems to only win in one system with one coach is the only type of player there is

then Jordan only won with one coach/system

Magic?

Duncan?

Malone/Stockton?

You brought up Lebron with Mike Brown, but they didn't win anything. At least you brought up Spo and they've won.

A player like Kobe who is #1 or #2 option on 7 NBA Finals teams (winning 5) is a proven player you can build and WIN a championship with. Not just a good jump shooter thats a peg in a hole. You downgrade what he achieves and has done in order to praise others, that's not really building a convincing argument. You bring up what if's like in Charlotte that can't be argued against because it never happened. You can say Kobe was gifted into a situation, just as much as you can say Jordan was gifted for not getting drafted by Portland, or Magic was gifted the Lakers had the #1 pick, or Duncan was gifted the Spurs and not the Celtics won the draft lottery.

'' System Champion '' :smh: .....thats a new one, the things haters will come up with to justify the hate is sad seriously. Just come out and say you cant stand him, hes a phony, etc because itll probly make you feel better.

System champion ?

Last time i checked MJ aint win jack #$$% without Phil Jackson or the triangle so i guess hes a system champion as well. If you dont think so thats a clear indicator of your dislike for the man clouding common sense. MJ nor Kobe never won w/o PJ so label the system champions together.... Magic gets an honorable mention since he only won 1 without with Riley & Showtime.

Your rush to bring up Lebron shows you got an agenda, he really has no relevancy to the thread at all but you couldnt wait to bring that player up to downplay Kobe :smh: so obvious.

But guess what AINT NO SHAME IN BEING WORSE THAN LEBRON JAMES, HE'S A ONCE IN A GENERATION TALENT so dont act like Kobe=VC because he isnt the all around beast Lebron is.

Congratulations !! The Haters finally got a dude they can stand behind and throw rocks at the throne, only took about 20 years :lol:

Back
Top Bottom