IS KOBE BRYANT...OVERRATED?

I think Kobe is great but not on the same level of MJ. He can't be considered overrated with the numbers he has put up. Just when they start to compare Kobe to MJ it almost becomes a insult. Jordan made everyone around him better. Kobe needs good players around him.

Definitely not overrated. Go back every 4 years and see who gets compared to Kobe and is "better than him." AI, VC, T-Mac, Ray Allen, etc and up until the last 3 years with Wade, KD, Lebron. The one consistent player that has been there for the last 15 years is Kobe. You can't overrate someone who has had such a long lasting and steady career.

Has he been a ball hog sometimes? Yes. Has he been fortunate? Yes. Has he won a lot. Yes. Has he put up the stats? Yes. Is he overrated? No. 

People will hate until years and years from now until they look back at his overall career. 

If Kobe is overrated then what does that mean for all the "superstars" that were along side him such as AI, VC, T-Mac, Ray Allen, Wade etc?
Ray Allen > Kobe, but he didn't have stacked lineups for 14 seasons.

Wade > Kobe, but didn't have stacked team for 14 seasons.

Those other guys are the same as Kobe, Iverson especially. If Bean had the same luck as Iverson, he would also be blackballed from the league.
What? Allen has been in the league the same amount of time as Kobe. 17. He was on the Celtics for 5 years. 5/17

Wade has been in the league for 10 years. Had Shaq for 2 years, Lebron and Bosh for the previous 2 years. 4/10

Kobe has been in the league for 17. Had Shaq for 4 years when Kobe started his prime. Gasol, Odom, Bynum for 4. 8/17

As far as AI, he was a beast in his prime. Straight up. But he lacked the drive and work ethic that Kobe has. AI is coulda shoulda woulda. You think AI, T-Mac, VC, etc could still do what Kobe is doing now? Regardless of how the Lakers are playing now...he is still putting up similar numbers to when Ray Allen, AI, VC, T-Max when they played on "non-stacked lineups." 

KD and Lebron on the other hand are still entering their primes and could have even better careers than Kobe since they both entered the league before 20. Both have the shot at a career as consistent and solid as Kobe's. Wade is also tbd but he is on the back end of his prime. But Ray Allen better than Kobe? Wade better than Kobe at this point in their careers? Come on. Sounds like you have them overrated.  

Last edited:
with the game yesterday the record has been set 15,296 and counting...MOST MISSED SHOTS IN NBA HISTORY. the youngest and fastest guy to ever do it!

FG attempts will be broken next... not to far from now. :smokin

Bottom line- kobe is s great player but he shoots a lot,dont give me that crap that hes a winner he had to take a lot of shots...he need to realize its 5 guys playing,not him taking a bunch of shots because he wants to...and pass the damn ball!!

I hate the Lakers with a passion. But no way in hell is Kobe overrated.

You watch him play and he's just making things look easy. MJ's legacy is already set but don't let that stop you from appreciating another top notch player who has been incredible for a very long time.

I understand that the game is always changing but I truly believe Kobe would be one of the best in any era.

his mind and skillset is off the charts. kobe is not overrated imo

He got ships because of shaq come on man,
If he was playing with new orleans even with
Phil jackson they aint winning sh$&..kobe got lucky he playing with lakers same goes for robert horry..by the way the real champions of 2002 WCF was the kings ..shaq said it himself
Kings were the better team the refs just got in the way....

laugh.gif
Kobe is the most interesting man in the world

He got ships because of kobe come on man,
Phil jackson they aint winning sh$&..(insert laker here) got lucky he playing with lakers same goes for robert horry..by the way the real champions of 2002 WCF was the kings ..shaq said it himself

fixed. generalist statement applied to anyone.

He got ships because of shaq come on man,
Phil jackson they aint winning sh$&..kobe got lucky he playing with lakers same goes for robert horry..by the way the real champions of 2002 WCF was the kings ..shaq said it himself
how are the kings the real 02 wcf champions?

Kobe helping to keep the losing streak alive and well for the Lakers last night after losing to OKC. Good job Kobe.

How? By being the team's only offensive weapon? Sure he gambles on defensive a lot but everyone else that played last night didn't do anything. So im happy kobe is aggressive and taking more shots

Kobe is shooting about 50%, so again how can you say the man is playing bad? I see some of y'all do NOT watch basketball.

Kobe is shooting about 50%, so again how can you say the man is playing bad? I see some of y'all do NOT watch basketball.
Kobe is not shooting 50%. He's shooting 47.4%. There is a HUGE difference.

This is another example of him being overrated.

People like you stay trying to give him credit for phantom titles.

"He's shooting about 50%."

roll.gif
Let's see if he could shoot 47% in a season for the first time in 17 years before you try to trick people into thinking "he's shooting about 50%."

Back
Top Bottom