Is Peyton Manning the most overrated qb of all time?

Seattle is clearly better all around, dominant defense, stronger, more physical, and intimidating than Denver....nobody was stopping this freight train, not even Peyton.

Overrated? no, dude got beat by the Greatest defense of all time. LOB baby

I personally think the 85 Bears had a better defense overall.

Peyton Manning is slightly overrated and chokes in clutch moments, but at the end of the day he's still one of the best QBs to ever play the game. Dude has been to 3 Super Bowls and won 1. He's been to more Super Bowls than Dan Marino and people consider him one of the greatest ever, even without a super bowl win.

Peyton isnt overrated but hes deifnitely not top 3. Why is Peyton better than Marino? Cause the colts defense carried his *** for his only ring in 2006?

Lol na but
Tim Tebow is better than Cam Newton. Just look at the stats.

Lol na but seriously lets not take away from seatles amazing defense by saying pm is overrated. He's 1 of the best qbs in the game. He got more rings than Marino tied with favre..at least he's been to the mountin top.

People forget how the defense carried the 2006-07 Colts playoff run

Peyton played below expectations most of that postseason

That was the same defense that was mediocre all season and couldn't stop the run, while Peyton carried them essentially.

The playoffs came around and the defense stepped up and picked up some slack.

All the games are important.

my bad. wasnt thinking. pats were 01-02. been drinkin a lil tonight :tongue:
It's all good, hopefully your not a broncos fan :nerd:

Hell no. Born and raised in New Orleans. Saints fan by birth. Pats fan by choice. started following the pats when Tuna got there...became a big fan when Brady took over. was rooting for him to keep the starting spot over Bledsoe years ago. Definitely was the right call.

Seattle is clearly better all around, dominant defense, stronger, more physical, and intimidating than Denver....nobody was stopping this freight train, not even Peyton.

Yup. This team is going nowhere. Wilson is brilliant...the team is amazing. All that can stop this team is the cap.

And you can't even blame the broncos defense, they held the Seahawks to 8 points when it could've been 16.

The defense got no support from duck dynasty.

Nothing, zip, nada.

The dude was dink and dunking all game, 35 for 200? Seriously?

Correct.

Crazy thing is that defense bailed my dude Peyton out all playoff long and even today. That offense still couldn't do ANYTHING and then to make matters worst you throw a pick 6.

If rings were based on QB play (since we're rating QB's), Peyton would still have 0.

That was the same defense that was mediocre all season and couldn't stop the run, while Peyton carried them essentially.

WTF some of the slack??!! They straight put Peyton on their back. Peyton threw 4 INTS in the wildcard game alone to the Chiefs lol and they still won. Peyton didnt even throw a TD in the Divisional round against the Ravens either. Bob Sanders is the real SB MVP, everyone not on Manning juice knows that.

Last edited:

The defense came around when Bob Sanders returned to the lineup.

The guy is a great meaningless game qb.last time i checked the greatest qbs of all time didnt always win the big game but they left everything on the field.

Lets look at it this way....how many memorable playoff performances has Peyton had compared to the bad performances?

Lets look at it this way....how many memorable playoff performances has Peyton had compared to the bad performances?

Chiefs divisional 2004. Afc championship game 2007 (sort of) vs. many many losses

Last edited by a moderator:
Chiefs divisional 2004. Afc championship game 2007 (sort of) vs. many many losses
^

This.

And without taking anything away from Seattle, they were beatable this year. Saints had their chances but didn't wake up until the 2nd half, a few missed field goals affected things as well.

If Russ doesn't covert that 4th down touchdown when down 17-13, the 49ers get the ball with decent field position and perhaps their hoisting the trophy tonight.

Those are hypotheticals though. Ultimately great players make great plays and Seattle made plenty of them in that 4th quarter and deserved that win and damn sure deserved the win tonight. Still though, I think even Seahawk fans would admit they weren't unstoppable but the great teams rise to the occasion.

Maybe I'm nitpicking but all that audibiling on the first play that led to the safety when it was super loud. It was a miscommunication but why not just run the ball there to try and establish some type of tempo.

Still, the highest scoring offense of all time only put up 8 points in the Super Bowl, and thaus when they were already down by 36. That's crazy when you think about it regardless of who the quarterback is. An offense that dominated all season long, almost got shut out in the biggest game. Give seattles defense props but like I said earlier, other teams put up points on the Seahawks and competed with them.

^

This.

And without taking anything away from Seattle, they were beatable this year. Saints had their chances but didn't wake up until the 2nd half, a few missed field goals affected things as well.

If Russ doesn't covert that 4th down touchdown when down 17-13, the 49ers get the ball with decent field position and perhaps their hoisting the trophy tonight.

Those are hypotheticals though. Ultimately great players make great plays and Seattle made plenty of them in that 4th quarter and deserved that win and damn sure deserved the win tonight. Still though, I think even Seahawk fans would admit they weren't unstoppable but the great teams rise to the occasion.

Maybe I'm nitpicking but all that audibiling on the first play that led to the safety when it was super loud. It was a miscommunication but why not just run the ball there to try and establish some type of tempo.

Still, the highest scoring offense of all time only put up 8 points in the Super Bowl, and thaus when they were already down by 36. That's crazy when you think about it regardless of who the quarterback is. An offense that dominated all season long, almost got shut out in the biggest game. Give seattles defense props but like I said earlier, other teams put up points on the Seahawks and competed with them.

Speaking of the NFC championship round Kap said he made no reads on the last offensive play...was all crabtree. Niners could have won that game. Same for the saints. Broncos did not even show up. Mannings throws were bad and his team was worse. The best team won tonight and they are going nowhere. Get used to the Seahawks, football fans.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom