Is the Sneaker game dying?

if anything sneakers are at an all time high as far as popularity.... notice all the resellers, consignment stores, sneaker conventions, social media glorifying sneakers and worst of all resale prices is at an all time high smh.... like emenim 4s for over 30 stacks :smh:

Last edited:
Haven't bought Jordans in a while and I was surprised to see colorways still on the shelf that would've sold out years ago.

The reality is stuff is getting retro'd at a faster/higher rate than ever. 10 years ago we would get mostly OG colorways with maybe 5 new colorways. And often we would have to wait 5-10 years for a retro of a popular colorway. Now its maybe 3-5 years.

Now Nike is going crazy with the colors that we used to only see on fugazi sneakers at the swap meet. So with so many releases, only the desirable OG colorways or collabs get sold quick. The Royal 1s sold out in seconds online so sneaker culture is live and well. Nike is overplaying their hand though.

This. They just pumping out retros. The royals dropped what 2013 (?) and then again this year. Agreed with the colorways that would only be on fugazi joints back in the day. Wouldnt be surprised they drop a pair of see through 7s soon :lol:

I just want to know: who are these guys the dude in the video is talking about?

Also, I've seen these shoelebrities autograph kicks that didn't bear their name for "fans." WTF?
they just seem like a bunch of losers who think they're doin it by impressong some 12 year olds. That herb perfect pair is the worst of them all.

damn that stray was uncalled for, why u think he a lame? :lol:

I would say no. Some of my boys who wasn't up on game at all 5 years ago are now chasing OG Jordan's and classic 90's kicks. I think mainstream has finally caught up to us sneaker nerds, NMD's are about to go mainstream in a big way celebs are getting on them and the masses will follow.

Last edited:
I can't front I do want a pair of royal foams, see a dude wearing them all wrong choked out and the #%^* broke my heart.

this is the only guy i like with youtube vids.

he's from atlanta and he has a genuine love for jordans/sneakers.

older head but i like how he showcases his city....he can be corny with the catchprases sometimes but i feel like he's the best one

and this chick too

Last edited:
i wanna get rid of my sneakers too... i have at least 50+ pairs that i haven't worn in years.  

just don't have the energy to do it

Last edited:
Solesupremacy and all the other consigment bout to eat. Let these youtubers sell whatever they want.

I wouldn't say dying for all.

J's perhaps ! The over-done retros have killed it, it has been like that for the past 10 years though. The more gradual decline you see, the more retros are released. Nike in general is not realizing this, infact they increase the price with 0 innovation and lifestyle sector is lackluster (which is prime market now). Basketball shoes, once a prime market, it is being replaced by other sectors (running/lifestyle).

Adidas is doing it's thing. I am personally not a fan of Yeezy or NMD, overly marketed and saturated. I see Adidas growing and expanding though.

Nike is the Windows in the early 2000's and Adidas is essentially Apple on the rise.

Asics, NB, Puma and etc will take a huge chunk of Nike's business as Jordan dies and AM's fail to deliver. The rise of Concept, Kith and etc also will be huge.

__

Last edited:

Obligatory

--Fortune Magazine

And for the record idc if sneaker "culture" dies.

Let it die so no child will ever waste another living second hearing the words, "Whats up guys, to day I'm reviewing..."
+1

POST OF THE MONTH

Back
Top Bottom