Is the Sneaker game dying?

Whatever makes it easier for me to actually purchase shoes I want I'm all for.
The sneaker game is dead.

1) It aint no fun if the homies can't have none. It is too difficult to obtain limited shoes for the common man.

2) Nike started raising the price too high. Athletic shoes are now borderline luxury boutique shoe prices... 400 retail for a Jordan Sneaker FOH you could pick up zanottis for the price 2 pair.

3) Releases are too frequent. You can't have a "grail" effect if theres a new grail monthly.

I picked up trophy rooms for 220 shipped. A shoe limited to 5000 pairs with no wide release for well below retail. That was unheard of 2 or 3 years ago. And if you comb ebay you'll find all kinds of kicks that used to be worth serious coin being almost given away. Cork Lebrons that went for 9-1200 on release now sit at 500. Doernbecher Releases which were regularly 400 and up are sitting at 350. The fact is there is more supply than the demand will ever get back to. Shoes used to appreciate in value but now they are just like everything else.

GALAXY FOAMPOSITES LEGIT KILLED THE GOLDEN AGE OF SNEAKER COLLECTIONS

Don't care if it's dead. All I know is at 7am PST Thur, the Silver Bullet Air Max 97s are being released.. and I am copping 2 pairs

I picked up trophy rooms for 220 shipped.
you paid 220 for these

laugh.gif

did they come with a bluetooth earpiece?

Last edited:
Social Media done messed it up. Dudes must cop the newest hype ish to stunt on IG 
mean.gif

Just look at Adidas Yeezys 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

you paid 220 for these

laugh.gif

did they come with a bluetooth earpiece?

laugh.gif
 no the black ones . the caramel vanilla swirl joints definitely should have come w/ the motorola or jawbone bluetooth

But yeah scooping up new kicks just doesn't feel like a win any more. If you cant win then its not a fun game.

Last edited:
Social Media done messed it up. Dudes must cop the newest hype ish to stunt on IG :smh:

Just look at Adidas Yeezys :smh: :smh: :smh:

I am putting money that Yeezys will not stand the test of time like some Nike shoes have. Even a lot of Dunk SBs look silly at this day in age but shoes like Jordan 4s, Air Max 1s and others are timeless. Yeezys, aside from resale value, just look too goofy. If it wasn't so limited, I don't think it would have the same appreciation value. Same with these blown out jeans with holes in them. No way that fashion is going to be rocked in another couple of years. Classic jeans always look the best.

Last edited:
Grey Markets and da age of my current collection made me start diversifying my purchases. copped more jerseys, less kicks, more jewelry & setting my sights on da current golden age of American muscle.

U think nike retroing everything hurt da posrshe money b

For ejemplo the bulls uptempos.

Wat exactly are yall saying is "dead" ?

Like specifically

Again, WHAT "died" lol
Think dudes are missing the fun of it. **** is like actual work now.

Some of these releases if you aren't computer savvy, plugged in, or ready to pay double retail minimum you are SOL
laugh.gif
Everything fades eventually, even liking "hype". It gets boring "chasing" things. For me personally I was never into "chase" items of any kind. It's not worth it.

Social Media done messed it up. Dudes must cop the newest hype ish to stunt on IG 
mean.gif

Just look at Adidas Yeezys 
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
I am putting money that Yeezys will not stand the test of time like some Nike shoes have. Even a lot of Dunk SBs look silly at this day in age but shoes like Jordan 4s, Air Max 1s and others are timeless. Yeezys, aside from resale value, just look too goofy. If it wasn't so limited, I don't think it would have the same appreciation value. Same with these blown out jeans with holes in them. No way that fashion is going to be rocked in another couple of years. Classic jeans always look the best.
I always felt picking out a shoe that's worth it is a skill. People always go for whatever screams attention, especially the majority demographic of the she buying consumer. For me simplicity >, but people tend to overthink it.

Great read. This excerpt reminds me of today's situation with Kanye and adidas:

Things went a little different for the other shoe maker from NYC that marketed directly to the “urban community.”
Jack Schwartz Shoes, the company, preceded their 80s offering, so they were no fly by night operation. But they recognized several things, the so-called Hip-Hop community wanted variety and the best way to get people into the brand is by having a Rapper wear it.
Shwartz founded British Knights on the strength of that knowledge offering up 3–4 styles a years, a wide palette of colors, stone-washed looks, quilted shoes, whatever it took to get Black folk into them shoes.
To spread their gospel, they had Kool Mo Dee alter “How You Like Me Now” into a British Knights commercial.
This strategy worked. We did start buying British Knights. But we were simply the bait. Schwartz understood that getting us to support the brand and make it cool would make white folks buy it. Here’s Schwartz:
The inner city is the key to many industries, but it is the lifeblood of the sneaker industry…. [T]hese days the only way to get a middle-class suburban high school kid to buy your product is to have an inner city kid wear it
If you’re wondering how that panned out, British Knights went from $8 in sells in 86 (a year after the brand was founded) to $136 million three years later.
That three year shelf-life that Held believed in, was more like five for British Knights. But again, they were no fly by night operation. Schwartz returned to the Rapper bag and not only sponsored a Rapper, he endorsed some of the Rapper’s shows.
Only thing is this Rapper who had grown to be the largest entertainer in the world was already on the decline. That Rapper was the once up and comer who use to rock Troop. That Rapper was Hammer.
That didn’t turn out well. People were done with British Knights. So what did Schwartz do? No, he didn’t fold the company. Schwartz Shoes had been around since the 30s, they were survivors, they ain’t believe in the fold.
Nope, Schwartz founded a new brand, Lugz…and what did he do? He got him some Rappers.

what i dont get is people saying adidas is beating nike... like since when? they have been a really good #2 but they are still behind... besides the usual shell toes, stan smith, yeezy, ultraboost and nmd they dont have anything else...nike can just retro shoes from the 90s and just be good off that... look at jordans only reason people buy them is because of the retros same principle for nikes in general

I stopped caring about Jordans once they started the bs "remastered series." I just lost complete interest. 

I'll never like Adidas. Their kicks were ugly then and they're ugly now. Yeezy Boosts aka Roshe Run rip-offs are one of the most uncreative shoes I've seen and the amount of hype they get is ridiculous. At least the Air Yeezys were somewhat original.

Nike got too greedy and raised their prices way too high. They thought they could sell anything so they've phoned in their sneaker designs. I mean the Kobe AD's have fake zoom for crying out loud. 

I've definitely lost interest over the past couple months. I only pay attention to PE's now. 

Last edited:
what i dont get is people saying adidas is beating nike... like since when? they have been a really good #2 but they are still behind... besides the usual shell toes, stan smith, yeezy, ultraboost and nmd they dont have anything else that I'm into...nike can just retro shoes from the 90s and just be good off that... look at jordans only reason people buy them is because of the retros same principle for nikes in general

FTFY

Adidas' catalog is just as rich as Nike's (I'd even argue it's deeper). Thing is, most classic adidas were not and will never be popular IN THE US

Yea id argue against that.

Adidas was around longer and have alot of classic runners but nothing was groundbreaking design wise.

Like the foamposite for example.

BUT i think it could be arguable depending on taste

Last edited:

I stopped caring about Jordans once they started the bs "remastered series." I just lost complete interest. 

I'll never like Adidas. Their kicks were ugly then and they're ugly now. Yeezy Boosts aka Roshe Run rip-offs are one of the most uncreative shoes I've seen and the amount of hype they get is ridiculous. At least the Air Yeezys were somewhat original.
Boost is a game changer for comfort, IMO.   Ultra Boost, Yeezy v2s, and EQT's are some of the comfiest shoes I've ever owned.  Much comfier than my Infrared Air Maxes, or my Nike Frees, etc.   

Not to say there aren't other comfortable Nike shoes, such as Prestos and Nike Lunar Epics... but all I wear is boost shoes now, pretty much. 

Back
Top Bottom