Is This Blackface? vol. Olympic Edition

Looks like a regular ol mud mask...

You gotta get a jump off or a sister my g..

Last edited:

Looks like a regular ol mud mask...
how many times has it been repeated in this thread that its the taking of pics with the mask that is problematic

if she had put on the mask with no pics no one knows about it no problem

but to sit here and pretend like white dont play with casual racism in this way is facetious

maybe she didnt mean anything, but takin this pic with that color mask on theres no way she or anyone can say that its absolutely impossible to make that correlation

i dont know what she was thinking, but i cant just up and give her the benefit of the doubt, same as i wouldnt give any other white person the benefit of the doubt

I ask because you said MOST/IF NOT ALL, of the dark skinned girls you know.

So I immediately thought of how my experience is nowhere near there. Growing up in the city, you know many of these black girls never see a white man until they get a job as an adult

I mean most dark skinned black women are with black dudes, I think what he should have said is whenever a black chick dates a white dude she's dark skinned.

Ain't that many black women white guy interracial couples for those numbers but make sense, but I got what he was saying kinda. :lol:

This :lol:

I assume this gymnast has said or done something racist in the past to not get the benefit of the doubt?

how many times has it been repeated in this thread that its the taking of pics with the mask that is problematic

if she had put on the mask with no pics no one knows about it no problem

but to sit here and pretend like white dont play with casual racism in this way is facetious

maybe she didnt mean anything, but takin this pic with that color mask on theres no way she or anyone can say that its absolutely impossible to make that correlation

i dont know what she was thinking, but i cant just up and give her the benefit of the doubt, same as i wouldnt give any other white person the benefit of the doubt

My brother you are a lost cause. You are still missing the fact that her pic/your OG pic on this thread IS NOT BLACKFACE!! do I need to post REAL blackface pics to get you to understand what blackface really is!? c'mon man. Your reach is greater than Mutombo.

Calling **** like this casual racism is damn near as bad as real racism.

It totally undermines and marginalizes REAL racism.

Last edited:
because a - you can prove this isnt casual racism

and b - because the very notion of casual racism and "real" racism means that they are equivalent only in cases where you dont agree with it being casual racism right? 

edit: that smooth edit 
laugh.gif

now about this marginalization and undermining of real racism

pointing out that this could be possibly be construed as blackface in no way diminishes any "real racism" unless you are absolved to diminish "real racism" at any circumstance you can get

people who decry this line of thinking are often just tone policing or playing respectability politics

if this isnt blackface, then its not and she can say that, but until then i am justified in my opinion the same way you are in yours

Last edited:
her white skin makes me skeptical to give her benefit of the doubt

ok then lets call this fake blackface, the kind that can be written off as merely being a facial mask

I dont know you, and i dont know your history of posts on this website, so unfortunately I decline to "lets call' this anything, I pretty much decline any agreement we might can come to. your posts on this thread seem so ignorant I can't rock with you homie. and i mean no disrespect

it was a figure of speech

just like how u said "my brother", but you dont see me barking on u that id never be brothers with a tom who painted his skin white right?

maybe you did it as a joke or maybe part of u really wishes u were white i dont know

and i mean no disrespect

Is your extremism really to the point where you're banning the color of women's mud mask and their right to take pictures in it?

I think there has not been a single person in this thread that denies the significance of black face, but this has to be the most blatant case of extremism i've seen on NT 
roll.gif

From one negro to the next, you've gone off the deep end fam 
laugh.gif

Last edited:
can you absolutely positively say that she did not have blackface in mind AT ALL when she took the pic?

can you say that looking at that pic, it is absolutely positively IMPOSSIBLE that someone could see that as blackface?

if you say yes to either question you a lie

I can't believe I got trolled into clicking in this thread. Op should have a temp ban. Next thing you know, he will call put someone with a black male on their face.

first of all how am i even racist for saying that? being skeptical of white people is a survival mechanism as a black person

secondly, racial dynamics dont work like that i cant be racist, only prejudiced

How am I suppose to answer either of those questions in good faith? I know neither the situation undoubtedly nor do I know the chick.

The burden of proof is on you to confirm those accusations. 

Did she think this could be interpreted as black face? Impossible to answer. Seeing as how it's a god damn mud mask, im going to say probably not.

Could someone interpret it as black face? You are living proof that answer is yes.

Trying to engineer a lose/lose situation in a debate is shallow fam, I see you

Last edited:
Yeah, you're technically correct, but no less ridiculous. Using that logic you could look at a selfie of a white dude wearing Jordans and make the "correlation" that he wears them in the spirit of stomping out a powerful black man. 

its not shallow and its not engineering anything, it simply is what it is

i see it, you dont

we could agree to disagree

but instead it turns into all this next **** when ppl startin takin any and all shots at the mere suggestion

and the burden of proof isnt on me because i didnt put the goop on her face and make her take the pic in order to prove a point

it being a mud mask and black and her being white doesnt make it mutually exclusive that its no way to interpret it as blackface

Last edited:
being technically correct makes it less ridiculous

your analogy isnt logical because there is no historical legacy of "white men wearing jordans to stomp on the black man" and even if there were theyd still be supporting him by buying his sneakers

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom