It Was 400 Years Ago, They Said

Look at Tariq Nasheed son says he's for Black empowerment but he's a capitalist and an opportunist. Gets folk to fund his movies while he makes money from the movies that his followers have funded. Not much of this money goes back to the Black community.

He payed for Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's funeral.
He's put money into the hands of the families left behind after police murders.
He's building homes in Haiti.
He's put bread into the pockets of black activists and scholars that the conscious community supposedly supports, but don't help out.
He's also given free lectures and has spearheaded a response to police brutality with his feet on the ground in at least one place.
Posted bail for Eric Sheppard.
Fiananced Dr. Ben.

Dude has actually done a lot and says he doesn't make the bulk of his money from the conscious community but other investments.

Unless he's lying, I'd say he does plenty.

Last edited:
And I also believe that if u seriously reach out to some of the black people w/ money, they may be on board w/ supporting economic growth in some way, it aint all about giving money, but connecting you to the right people, dropping jewels for self growth, etc.

We have to seriously hold em accountable, but also start within our communities w/ our local spots.

The thing is, none of this is farfetched, just frustrating that not too many of us in the same locale have the same vision.

He payed for Dr. Frances Cress Welsing's funeral.
He's put money into the hands of the families left behind after police murders.
He's building homes in Haiti.
He's put bread into the pockets of black activists and scholars that the conscious community supposedly supports, but don't help out.
He's also given free lectures and has spearheaded a response to police brutality with his feet on the ground in at least one place.

Dude has actually done a lot and says he doesn't make the bulk of his money from the conscious community but other investments.

Unless he's lying, I'd say he does plenty.
When I was in college I tried to get him to do a lecture for my Black organization on campus. We had $2,000 son told us he wouldn't do a lecture for nothing less than 10k and his flight, hotel etc. We passed but we were able to get a grassroots scholar with a PhD to do the lecture for free. I would like to see receipts though of all of that. I guess it's the least he can do.

And I also believe that if u seriously reach out to some of the black people w/ money, they may be on board w/ supporting economic growth in some way, it aint all about giving money, but connecting you to the right people, dropping jewels for self growth, etc.

We have to seriously hold em accountable, but also start within our communities w/ our local spots.

The thing is, none of this is farfetched, just frustrating that not too many of us in the same locale have the same vision.
True, giving someone access to a network to get a job or make money on their own is way more valuable than putting cash in someone's hands. The thing is, the folks with money and power are often a misstep away from losing it all so they often walk on eggshells. They don't want to lose what they have.

So you're judging him based on that? Because he wouldn't fly to your college for $2K? :lol:

Does everything he does have to be charity?

So you're judging him based on that? Because he wouldn't fly to your college for $2K? :lol:

Does everything he does have to be charity?
I am because we had a scholar who is more known and respected do the lecture for free. We just paid his airfare and hotel. If you're about spreading knowledge and empowering your people it shouldn't always be about the $$. He's a capitalist though so it's about the profit for him. He uses his pseudo consciousness to fill his pockets.

True, giving someone access to a network to get a job or make money on their own is way more valuable than putting cash in someone's hands. The thing is, the folks with money and power are often a misstep away from losing it all so they often walk on eggshells. They don't want to lose what they have.

This is true, they don't have their "F U" money as Dr. Boyce Watkins would say, but that's because they may be selling themselves short and doubting their ability to flourish as such. That's where the knowledge comes in, you don't have to lose your position by passing on knowledge and teaching others how to grow a business or make the right moves.

I am because we had a scholar who is more known and respected do the lecture for free. We just paid his airfare and hotel. If you're about spreading knowledge and empowering your people it shouldn't always be about the $$. He's a capitalist though so it's about the profit for him. He uses his pseudo consciousness to fill his pockets.

I think you should address him directly about it and see what he says. It's an easy thing to do.

I don't really rock with Tariq either, I agree with some of his views, I would recommend Hidden Colors to people, not questioning what he has or hasn't done for black people but dudes gotta realize he is marketing to them as much as he is lecturing.

Dude is a shock jock with a good hustle, not a leader in the community. He political commentary is horrible, and he has become to quick to label people white supremacist, *****, and bed wenches to excuse himself from making more enlightening arguments.

This is why he gets outside his comfort zone, he struggles to be has convincing as he sounds on his podcast. Dudes should probably listen to him to get an alternative view on things, but they should not use him as their main source of info or insight.

I think you should address him directly about it and see what he says. It's an easy thing to do.
I did and son said he doesn't do lectures for free or less than 10 k because schools willingly pay Waka flocka and other rappers to perform. Meanwhile OG legends like Angela Davis and others ain't on that 10k pay me BS.

I don't appreciate the disrespect y'all have showed to the homie Hennessy. He's on our side and without our Whote brothers and sisters there would be no civil rights movement or an end to chattel slavery.

I don't appreciate the disrespect y'all have showed to the homie Hennessy. He's on our side and without our Whote brothers and sisters there would be no civil rights movement or an end to chattel slavery.

-Most people that interacted with him, were respectful to him.

-Being appreciative of truly progressive white people doing the right thing in the past, doesn't mean that ones that claim to be woke now get to say whatever they want to black people.

Last edited:
I didn't get that?he was trying to say whatever he wanted to Black people from his post. I'm against nationalism whether it's black, white etc. Nationalism never works. We need whites in this struggle for justice and equality.

Dudes should probably listen to him to get an alternative view on things, but they should not use him as their main source of info or insight.

No one should ever get all info from one source, but unless he does something that contradicts his message, I'm rocking with dude.

Dudes should probably listen to him to get an alternative view on things, but they should not use him as their main source of info or insight.

No one should ever get all info from one source, but unless he does something that contradicts his message, I'm rocking with dude.

That's cool famb. But he kinda lost me.

Those same ***** and bed wenches he rants about now, he was cool with giving dating advice to years ago when that was his hustle.

I still listen to him from time to time, I used to rock with him, but the negatives out weigh the positives with dude now for me to ever defend his antics, and I have some fundamental disagreements with his worldview. But people should still watch Hidden Colors.

Last edited:
I can't knock a dude that came from the game using that to get his foot in the door and sell some books. He doesn't even do the player/relationship stuff anymore. He has a weekly show about dating, but his views have matured a lot. And let's be honest, we all have a past. I can't knock him because his is on audio and video. Not like he used be pro ****ing or bed wenching.

Last edited:
I'm a fan of Hidden Colors too, but what are people like him telling us that we' were kings and queens etc. gonna do for contemporary Black people other than boost self-esteem? Tariq just makes Black people hate White people more. It's cute and will make him money, but how will Hidden colors improve the lives of folk that face glass ceilings and hurdles in real life? We need to educate folk on how to make it in a capitalistic and racist society rather than telling folks about historical figures who were overlooked by mainstream historians.

White folk don't care about conscious blacks and they won't treat us better because Tariq is telling us about the Moors etc.

In Tariq's defense, he doesn't preach hating white people at all. He preaches hating white supremacy and he will point out all the explicitly and implicitly ways the white community allows the system of while supremacy to exist.

In many ways, he rhetoric on police is much softer than what you will hear from most conscious dudes.

I'm a fan of Hidden Colors too, but what are people like him telling us that we' were kings and queens etc. gonna do for contemporary Black people other than boost self-esteem? Tariq just makes Black people hate White people more. It's cute and will make him money, but how will Hidden colors improve the lives of folk that face glass ceilings and hurdles in real life? We need to educate folk on how to make it in a capitalistic and racist society rather than telling folks about historical figures who were overlooked by mainstream historians.

White folk don't care about conscious blacks and they won't treat us better because Tariq is telling us about the Moors etc.

Wow. I don't even know where to begin with those statements. If you're into black history for the approval of white folks and not to know where you came from and what you're capable of... [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Im out.

Last edited:

its unfortunate that outside of Boyce and Claude Anderson you really dont see too much or too many programs dedicated to financial literacy and the importance of understanding economics

oh but you'll find a million programs with laser focus on youth programs and fathers in the household like its a magic pill

effectively reaching the youth is extremely difficult if the whole family isnt on board. The Harlem Zone does it, im sure there are others, but no where near enough. when i worked with juvenile offenders, we could transform their thinking in 9 months....only to see it knocked over like dominoes over a weekend home visit.

and fathers in the household isnt as simple as its advertised. a lot of these guys have no business raising anyones child. some of these women too truth be told.

you cant buy a man in a jar, add water, and *poof*, end up with an adequate provider and role model for your children

Wow. I don't even know where to begin with those statements. If you're into black history for the approval of white folks and not to know where you came from and what you're capable of... [emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️[emoji]127997[/emoji]‍♂️

Im out.

oh look, a Tariq Nasheed supporter flustered over open ideas and outside the box thinking

color me surprised

Back
Top Bottom