iTunes....how do you do it???

Okay this is a technical topic right here. So my HD crashed and I am starting from scratch roughly. The only thing that sucks is setting up my iTunes all over again. I am not sure in how I want to do it. I easily have over 100GB of music I want to put in but I don't like having all that music on my laptop. I rather read it from an external, but then again I may have issues when I begin to network my computer at home with my new mac (whenever they updated the mbp)

How do you guys set it up? All on the computer, some on the computer, from an external HD.... I need some input.

I got a desktop that I use solely for iTunes, downloading, and gaming. So I guess you could say I keep everything on the desktop.

Man. i tried dl a program to take the music from my ipod, back to my comp and it wont work. says "comp cant find the ipod"

pissed for 2 months. just dont listen to music no more. (kills me inside)

someone offer me a solution that works ill paypal $10 no lie. (emphasis on works)

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Man. i tried dl a program to take the music from my ipod, back to my comp and it wont work. says "comp cant find the ipod"

someone offer me a solution that works ill paypal $10 no lie. (emphasis on works)

Pm me

just use winamp. whenever your ipod is connected winamp recognizes it. and from there you can transfer your songs to your HD

what program are you using?  I know idump doesn't work with the ipod touch
but DiskAid a trial program does.  It's a 15 day trial but you only need to use it once for the transfer.

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

100GB of music, really? thats over 20,000 songs.

thats really not that much.. 
pimp.gif

i got tired of relying on external hard drives. Between numerous ones crashing and even friends losing them, i just got the biggest internal that i could get. I store all my music internally and i use an external just to back it up every once in a while. It works for me.

Originally Posted by thegoat121886

i got tired of relying on external hard drives. Between numerous ones crashing and even friends losing them, i just got the biggest internal that i could get. I store all my music internally and i use an external just to back it up every once in a while. It works for me.
this..
OR.. try a NAS drive if you have extra $.

Originally Posted by proper english

Originally Posted by Retroisback2008

100GB of music, really? thats over 20,000 songs.

thats really not that much.. 
pimp.gif
Thats my limit, I have over 250GB of music alone, don't even ask about music videos

I used ipod util google it..the free version keeps asking you to buy it every 100 songs and it can get annoying, but if you don't have a lot of music it works well or if you have the time to keep clicking ok. I just bought the program for like $12 and registered it to my ipod so I can download all my music from my ipod to any computer I choose.

Unfortunately I messed up that Ipod. Anyway I still managed to transfer all my music from my desktop to my laptop through an easy share cable. But it didn't automatically reconstruct my playlists.

Can anyone tell me how to get my playlists from an old computer to a new computer?

I read all of my music off of my external hard drive. When I add songs, I have it automatically recreate the song, on my hard drive. Just make sure in the preferences you have it where iTunes automatically keeps your library organized.

Back
Top Bottom