Ja Rule's finesse of the Century - Fyre Festival

Influencers
mean.gif
Bringing a bag of tea to the most random of places to take a pic with
laugh.gif

Influencers :smh: Bringing a bag of tea to the most random of places to take a pic with :lol:

Hey, if they gonna pay you to do something that takes literally 5 seconds to do, like sfc415 sfc415 said, why not?

I got paid a few times to post things on my IG and after 60-90 days, I usually delete it. Easiest money ever made. I can't even imagine what it's like to get free trips, 4+ digit money, etc. for doing it though. Respect to those people.

Influencers :smh: Bringing a bag of tea to the most random of places to take a pic with :lol:

Hey, if they gonna pay you to do something that takes literally 5 seconds to do, like sfc415 sfc415 said, why not?

I got paid a few times to post things on my IG and after 60-90 days, I usually delete it. Easiest money ever made. I can't even imagine what it's like to get free trips, 4+ digit money, etc. for doing it though. Respect to those people.
You're an IG model?

You're an IG model?

Nah, just a regular dude trying to get that Influencer money. Waiting for someone to send me a bag of tea :lol:

Last edited:

You're an IG model?

Nah, just a regular dude trying to get that Influencer money. Waiting for someone to send me a bag of tea :lol:
:rofl: shoot I want that bag of tea also and get paid to advertise it

Last edited:

You're an IG model?

:rofl: shoot I want that bag of tea also and get paid to advertise it

NTea :nerd:

**** like this is why old people slander our generation b. They think we're a bunch of incompetent fools who lack critical thinking skills.

PSSHHH they the same ones gettin' scammed for useless trinkets by nobodies over the phones

**** like this is why old people slander our generation b. They think we're a bunch of incompetent fools who lack critical thinking skills.
Nah the older generation can fall back on their slander b
Majority of them voted for Trump, some got scammed by Maddoff and the Wolf of Wall Street dude, and some drank the kool-aid from the Jim Jones cult

I wonder how much money Ja and McFarland made from this lick? The vice article says ticket prices were $5-$2,000 on average. Not the $250 k that was reported earlier.

this was a scam from jump street. 

if they really wanted to put this event together it wouldnt have been as hard as it looked. 

aside from the talent... which honestly would have been a super red flag...

with the caliber of artist included on that list im pretty sure they would have been promoting this even for atleast a couple if not a few months prior

the tents looked fine, they had some.. very limited equipment.

is it really that hard to get food on an island? 

very stupid on behalf of the people who created this, if they would have thought long term this could have deff been a reoccurring event

and after the first it would have gotten a good amount of investors. 

ja rule needs to stay indoors, after the 50 beef everything he does seems to be a brick. 
roll.gif

http://variety.com/2017/music/news/fyre-festival-class-action-lawsuit-1202408397/

fyre-festival2.png

Fyre Festival Hit With Second, ‘Difficult’ Class-Action Suit, With More Likely to Come

A second class-action lawsuit against the disastrous Fyre Festival was filed Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, apparently in an effort to take advantage of California’s consumer-friendly state law, which generally results in more favorable judgments for victimized plaintiffs. The Los Angeles-based firm Girardi-Keese requested class-action status but, as per state law, did not include a figure for damages, which are determined by the state.

In addition to concert promoters Billy McFarland and rapper Ja Rule – cited as Jeffrey Atkins – the new complaint names New York-based Matte Projects, the creative agency that handled advertising materials, as a defendant, with concert-goers Chelsea Chinery, Shannon McAuliffe, and Desiree Flores as first-mover plaintiffs alleging fraud, breach of contract, negligent misrepresentation, and violation of the California Business and Profession Code.

The new suit says the defendants led people into purchasing tickets by paying more than 400 social media influencers “with at least 10,000 unique social media followers to promote the event across their respective social media accounts,” going on to list by name Kendall Jenner, Bella Hadid, Hailey Baldwin, Emily Ratajkowski, Anastasia Ashley, Mike Thomas, Corbin Kelly, and Julia Kelly.

The 12-page complaint goes on to describe luggage “thrown haphazardly from shipping crates on to the beach,” and accommodations described as “upscale” turning out to be “tents used by the Federal Emergency Management Agency in times of disaster” devoid of furnishings. The suit goes on to describe “a complete lack of infrastructure” and detailed how “panic enveloped the crowd” as “plaintiffs were stuck on the island with no way off.”

Los Angeles-based attorney Mark Geragos filed the first federal class-action suit on Sunday.

Girardi-Keese partner John Girardi says that as word has spread about the first suit, his firm has been contacted by additional potential litigants. “We are in the early stages,” Girardi tells Variety. “This is a difficult situation in that there are different degrees of damage for different categories of people,” he adds, noting that while some traveled to the island and were then stuck there for days, other paying would-be attendees were stranded in Florida.

Giardi says he doesn’t believe promises by the festival promoters to refund monies and provide free future tickets will pass muster as just compensation by the courts. “What we are hoping to do is identify the obligation to the consumer and make it right by them,” he says.

All three of his firm’s initial plaintiffs are California residents, and the fact that his suit cites the California Business and Profession Code could mean that, if found guilty, the defendants would be prohibited from future concert promotion in the state or limited in how they could engage.

Meanwhile, there are reports of personal-injury claims taking shape for people who suffered harm on the island. One person who claims to have suffered a fractured ankle is seeking to join Girardi’s class-action suit.

Florida personal injury attorney Philip DeBerard has launched as website, complete with paid Google search advertising, encouraging concertgoers to join his planned class-action suit, which hasn’t been filed yet. DeBerard claims he’s “been slammed with inquiries” since launching his website on Friday, but declined to provide a number. “We’re still in the early stages of researching the claims,” DeBerard says.

One thing these lawyers will be researching is how to find and serve the defendants, for which they will have anywhere from several months to up to year, depending on whether they’ve filed in federal or state court.

It’s possible any state cases may, at the request of the parties, be remanded to federal court. The cases may eventually may be joined, since there are common interests and existing federal class action law could be determined to apply. These are details that will be sorted out over the next year, when more defendants and complainants will likely emerge.

Attempts to reach the defendants and a rep for Fyre Festival were not successful at press time.

RIP Ja Rule's bank account

What the hell is an influencer?
laugh.gif
An individual or company with a large active following on IG, basically a promoter.

I do business involving IG (not the advertising/promotion kind but somewhat related) and know a lot of people in that business.

A contact of mine for example owns a very active page with 6 million followers and he gets paid a lot. I don't know exactly how much he makes anually but I can personally verify he has been offered up to $40000 for his account back when his page was at a little over 2m. He turned them down because he consistently makes more than that and the page practically grows on its own.

Now imagine the value of an IG like Kendall Jenner.

Companies and individuals pay people all the time to promote their goods/services on IG. It's a very lucrative business if you know what you're doing.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom