Jay-Z is the most CONSISTENT rap artist ever.

I said this before, rank their albums from best to worst side by side and there won't be a single "<" arrow going towards Jay's side. Fromthe top, Illmatic > RD to the bottom, Nastradamus > KC

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

No its just the Jay stan in you won't allow you to admit a skid mark in his catalogue. It's OK I understand.
Vol. 3 is definitely a 'skid mark'.

Originally Posted by M16

I said this before, rank their albums from best to worst side by side and there won't be a single "<" arrow going towards Jay's side. From the top, Illmatic > RD to the bottom, Nastradamus > KC
son u wilding

KC>>>>>>Nastradamus and im not even a fan of that album

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Damn, so now 5 good songs make an album dope?

I'm saying. One of the reasons why I hate the Jay-z and Nas's threads is that they both turn into a Nas vs. Jay thread. Its getting old.

Nas & Jays career's will FOREVER be inertwined...Its inevitable... like BIG & Pac

Everytime someone comes out and says "Jay Z this..." someone else is gonna say "Nas that..."

That's hip hop... Its always been like this, every era for like 30 years now... with older cats someone will say "Rakim this..." Someone else isgonna say "LL/Kane/KRS One that..."

That's how it is, and how it always will be...

The Nas vs Jay %@%# goes back to the mid/late 90s... How isn't it expected @ this point??

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Damn, so now 5 good songs make an album dope?

Y'all need to raise your standards.
Obviously we don't consider dope to be the same thing.

And there are more good tracks on the slbum, I just listed my favorites.
smokin.gif

He's not the MOST consistant....Consistant is relative term. You're either consistent or you're not.

Jay-Z = Consistent
Lil Wayne = Consistent
Nas = Consistent
Little Brother = Consistent
Jeezy = Consistent
Killa Cam = Consistent
Gangstarr = Consistent
Kanye = Consistent

You can argue that Vol.3 or Nastradamus aren't their strongest albums but at the time of release and even to now they're still solid albums. Theyaren't on the level of Encore or something.

Originally Posted by Harlem On The Rise

Nas & Jays career's will FOREVER be inertwined...Its inevitable... like BIG & Pac

Everytime someone comes out and says "Jay Z this..." someone else is gonna say "Nas that..."

That's hip hop... Its always been like this, every era for like 30 years now... with older cats someone will say "Rakim this..." Someone else is gonna say "LL/Kane/KRS One that..."

That's how it is, and how it always will be...

The Nas vs Jay %@%# goes back to the mid/late 90s... How isn't it expected @ this point??
Its getting old around these parts. Specially when its always the same people with the same argument.

Originally Posted by BrOwNiN187

He's not the MOST consistant....Consistant is relative term. You're either consistent or you're not.

Jay-Z = Consistent
Lil Wayne = Consistent
Nas = Consistent
Little Brother = Consistent
Jeezy = Consistent
Killa Cam = Consistent
Gangstarr = Consistent
Kanye = Consistent

You can argue that Vol.3 or Nastradamus aren't their strongest albums but at the time of release and even to now they're still solid albums. They aren't on the level of Encore or something.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by M16

I said this before, rank their albums from best to worst side by side and there won't be a single "<" arrow going towards Jay's side. From the top, Illmatic > RD to the bottom, Nastradamus > KC
indifferent.gif

and i don't ever do that.

[color= rgb(0, 255, 255)]R.I.P MidEastBeast
I have a PhD in Hip Hop
[/color]
If you were sufficiently learned enough in anything to garner a Ph. D., hip hop or otherwise, you would know that there's a third period inthe term 'R.I.P.'.

Unless you want your former screenname to 'Rest in P'. Which I think is funny.

Originally Posted by mace40

I have a PhD in Hip Hop
[/color]
If you were sufficiently learned enough in anything to garner a Ph. D., hip hop or otherwise, you would know that there's a third period in the term 'R.I.P.'.

Cool.

Originally Posted by Spot Rusherz

this guy said Jay has ONE classic
roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

Thats another one... shall I go on??
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
This album ain't no classic. Probably his 2nd best album, but notclassic.

These here's the dog years and $+$!%#+%%++%# don't shed
I try to bring you life but $+$!%#+%%++%# want dead
So I travel with the barrel, with the chrome, with the lead
Cause when it's on, then it's on, the shots flowin through your head
I been rich I been poor I saved and blown bread
Some say I been here before because of the way I zone
Some said, Jigga zones like the fallin of Rome
Reoccuring, that he thinks like that cause he's observing
Won't be known until I'm gone and +$#%** study my bones
Mentally been many places, but I'm Brooklyn's own
In the physical, onee seems, like a lost body
In fact my thoughts don't differ much from that of God body
But it's the odd shottie, that got cats, likening me
to the mob John Gotti, rap dudes bitin me cause
I got it locked like the late Bob Marley
Pardon me y'all, the great Bob Marley.........****... GO IT LOCKED LIKE THE LATE BOB MARLEY.. THINK ABOUT IT... GOT IT LOCKED............BOB MARLEY...HOOOHOO

ever heard of KRS-ONE

been in the game over 20 years, and still putting out quality hip hop

Originally Posted by mace40

I have a PhD in Hip Hop
[/color]
If you were sufficiently learned enough in anything to garner a Ph. D., hip hop or otherwise, you would know that there's a third period in the term 'R.I.P.'.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Personally, I'm praying for an IP ban in the near future.

Originally Posted by u ttocs

this guy said Jay has ONE classic
roll.gif

417PC1YSTML.jpg

Thats another one... shall I go on??
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

laugh.gif
This album ain't no classic. Probably his 2nd best album, but not classic.
Hell up with that wack !!+ username.

If it's his 2nd best album... how is it NOT a classic??

So you say The Blueprint and The Black Album aren't classics?

I swear, its dudes like this, that don't no $%%$ about hip-hop
laugh.gif

Yo De La Soul has been pretty darn consistent as well.
3 Feet High & Rising, De La Soul is Dead, Buhloone Mindstate, Stakes is High, and The Grind Date are ALL solid albums.
With the exception of UMC, Common's also got a consistent discography. Resurrection, One Day It'll All Make Sense, Like Water for Chocolate, and Be.
Can I Borrow A Dollar, Electric Circus and Finding Forever ain't bad either.

Originally Posted by sdfbheat

Originally Posted by N3FF 3000

Blueprint 2 s fire.

Yeh and Satan flips through North Face catalogues during his free time
Blueprint 2
Excuse Me Miss
Some How, Some Way
Guns And Roses
Meet The Parents
Poppin Tags
Show You How
U Dont KNow Remix

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

gotta agree with you on this Spot I enjoyed the BluePrint 2 thoroughly I haven't seen a lot of cats drop double cd's since then...and I ain't talkin droppin a music CD and have your behind the scenes footage on a DVD that come with the $$!# nah I'm talking 13+ tracks going hard (pause) on each CD....
smokin.gif

I mean.........

DISC 1: THE GIFT:
1. Dream, A - (featuring Faith Evans/The Notorious B.I.G.)
pimp.gif
*this $$!# painted a picture for real*
2. Hovi Baby
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
*one of my personal fav Jay tracks his macheezmo was on 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000*
3. Watcher 2, The - (featuring Dr. Dre/Rakim/Truth Hurts) *Dre killed the beat and Rakim and Jay together was refreshing*
4. '03 Bonnie & Clyde - (featuring Beyonce Knowles) *nice single for Jay and Bey*
5. Excuse Me Miss *Jay and Pharell come on nuff said*
6. What They Gonna Do - (featuring Sean Paul) *I could skip this track*
7. All Around the World - (featuring Latoiya Williams) *sample was crack and Jay was breaking $$!# down*
8. Poppin' Tags - (featuring Big Boi/Killer Mike/Twista) *another one of my favs....Killer Mike
pimp.gif
eek.gif

9. F**K All Nite *another track I could have went without*
10. Bounce, The *crack and a biscuit and Ye ripped it
pimp.gif

11. I Did It My Way *good solid track with a great sample*

DISC 2: THE CURSE:
1. Diamond Is Forever *when I first heard this
eek.gif
eek.gif

2. Guns & Roses - (featuring Lenny Kravitz) *gotta be in the mood for this*
3. U Don't Know Remix - (featuring M.O.P.) *I mean come on how can anyone who #@+@@ with hip hop not feel this $$!# right here*
4. Meet the Parents *my all-time favorite track from Young HO...this $$!# is such a deep felt story*
5. Some How Some Way - (featuring Beanie Sigel/Scarface) *classic IMO Mack Brad and Hov*
6. Some People Hate *enjoyed the sample and the fact he was still throwin darts at Nas*
7. Blueprint 2 *this was dope*
8. N***A Please - (featuring Young Chris) mehh enjoyed Chris on this track this is when I thought the Gunnas was gonna be a big deal*
9. 2 Many +!#% *Timbo track was bonkers and Jay delivered another club banger*
10. As One - (featuring Memphis Bleek/Freeway/Young Guns/Peedie Crakk/Sparks/Rell) *Rell vocals was nice and $$!# this was the R.O.C*
11. Ballad For the Fallen Soldier, A *another track that people sleep on actually sit and listen and this is heartfelt no mo*
12. Show You How - (bonus track) *I remember hearing this like damn Jay
indifferent.gif

13. $*!+$++ & Sisters - (bonus track) *Great breakdown of the two IMO*
14. What They Gonna Do Part II - (bonus track) *Would rather bump this one than the one on disc 1*

All and all there's a few on there I would skip but this was a solid %#*%@$ effort......
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Idk how dudes keep using this album to point out Jays flaws with all the gems in there. If this is dude at his worse then what does that really say about him?Dudes talking about only 5 good songs. No. 5 Great songs. You guys are just expecting so much more you pass the good songs off as let downs. Jay haters alwaysgot $+%$ to say about Jay yet they hold him to such high regard that anything that isn't a classic they consider garbage.

Back
Top Bottom