Jerseys you regret buying...

LeBron James Cavaliers

Enough Said.
mean.gif

its a throwback edition so its in rotation
grin.gif

Rashard Lewis Sonics jersey. Jersey was sick but I shoulda waited a yr or two and copped a authentic Durant :smh:

Last edited:
bought a mike piazza marlins jersey after he gets traded to Florida from LA and get he got traded again a few days later to Mets :smh:

Does anyone know where I can get a jersey fixed or changed? I have a Andrew Bynum #17 Lakers jersey but now want to change it from BYNUM to LIN. 

LeBron James Cavaliers

Enough Said.
mean.gif

its a throwback edition so its in rotation
grin.gif
Not anymore 
laugh.gif
. Funny how this thread pops up and this post is void...kinda

I regret buying a Chad Pennington jersey, but I'm a jets fan. It's more about the team than the individual, BUT then again I copped that Revis right before he was traded 
indifferent.gif
. Glad I didn't pay full price for it. 

Does anyone know where I can get a jersey fixed or changed? I have a Andrew Bynum #17 Lakers jersey but now want to change it from BYNUM to LIN. 
If it's stitched, go to your local cleaners, you might have to buy the lettering though. 

Yes it is stiched.. I wonder where I can find the jersey lettering.. thank God it is only 3 letters! lol. 

For the most part, not necessarily the player of the jersey itself but the size of the jersey.

Wtf was I thinking buying size 56 and 60 when in reality I'm a size 48.

But I had some bad luck jersey wise. Copped a Clinton Portis broncos jersey and a champ bailey (team name which can't be said on here) jersey back in late 03. A few months they get traded for eachother.

Had the bad luck of buying a tmac magic authentic and a Steve Francis rockets authentic at the nba jam session back in 04. Wanted them because they switched to new uniforms. Again like my last scenario, they get traded for eachother.

Thought Byron leftwich was going to be a star so I copped all his jags authentics.

I remember overpaying to get a Marbury Knicks authentic right when he got traded.

Sad part is I sold most this stuff for 20 cents on the dollar a few years later because of the size and in these cases, choice of players.

Ah, Felix Jones...2009 was a great year, eh?

But I had some bad luck jersey wise. Copped a Clinton Portis broncos jersey and a champ bailey (team name which can't be said on here) jersey back in late 03. A few months they get traded for eachother.

Had the bad luck of buying a tmac magic authentic and a Steve Francis rockets authentic at the nba jam session back in 04. Wanted them because they switched to new uniforms. Again like my last scenario, they get traded for eachother.

Thought Byron leftwich was going to be a star so I copped all his jags authentics.

I remember overpaying to get a Marbury Knicks authentic right when he got traded.

Sad part is I sold most this stuff for 20 cents on the dollar a few years later because of the size and in these cases, choice of players.

Welp. I feel better.

Last edited:
For the most part, not necessarily the player of the jersey itself but the size of the jersey.

Wtf was I thinking buying size 56 and 60 when in reality I'm a size 48.

For this reason, I choose wisely what I buy. I have a Russell, Duncan, Kidd (nets), Bulls Jordan, Maravich, Gervin among others. At least I know those are worth it. It's more difficult to buy current players' jerseys.

I've limited my purchases now for current player jerseys to strictly teams Im a fan of and I try to stick with players that have been with the team for a while so that even if they get traded or cut, I remember them as a member of that team.

I got Willis, Gore, and Vernon Davis 49ers Nike authentics. They've all been with that team since at least 07. I got no regrets with any of those purchases even if they end up elsewhere later in their career.

Mets wise, I got a few David Wright authentics, it was just the 10 year anniversary since he made his debut. If he ever gets traded he'll be remembered as a Met. I also got some Matt Harvey authentics but I got them for real good prices so if he signs elsewhere later, I won't be too tight about it.

LA Kings wise I got a Jonathan quick and Dustin brown. Key contributors on the 2 championship teams and they'll both be remembered as being LA Kings regardless of how their career plays out.

I try to factor that longevity thing in with my jersey purchases.

DHoward 2008 Olympic jersey. Was on sale though so whatever.

Last edited:
That's a good strategy, I do something like that...established franchise players or legends only, and all my NFL jerseys are Cowboys.

Baseball and hockey jerseys (okay, sweaters, don't kill me) are easier since they can be worn blank...I particularly have a thing for hockey designs, some of those 90s and classic designs are crazy.

I have an Adam Morrison Bobcats. Don't regret it one bit :smokin
Have a Milton Bradley Mariners, don't regret it either :smokin
Have a Deion Branch Seahawks, I regret that so so much :smh:

shoulda got another Thad instead of an evan turner jersey but it's a funny jersey to own

and if anybody wants to get rid of the lebron heat jerseys, i'm here

Back
Top Bottom