Jobless and Frustrated NTers check in VOL. WE NOT-WORKIN!!!

The worst **** is applying to a job, not getting it or hearing it, and the job still being open a month or two later |I

That area is milf heaven. I used to work at the niketown that used to be there and oh man the eye candy was nice :smokin

That area is milf heaven. I used to work at the niketown that used to be there and oh man the eye candy was nice :smokin
I'm saying man, I wanna smash me one of these milfs. This is a big change of scenery for me since I live in the hood (I've been living in Allapattah since I was 7)

Anyways why did that Niketown close?

Practice.

Know the answers to the most common questions.
http://bhuvans.wordpress.com/2006/08/19/50-common-interview-qa/
Research the company so you have a reason when they ask "Why do you want to work for us?"
Dress your best.

Make a one sheeter
http://lifehacker.com/5877626/prepare-to-ace-your-job-interview-with-this-job-interview-one+sheeter

If you prepare and remain confident, that's the best you can do. Breathe, take your time and don't feel like you need to rush out everything you say. Smile, be friendly and courteous. If you prep and tell yourself "I'm going to crush it" then you probably will.

My most recent interview (where I ended up getting the job) I was nervous as hell beforehand, but as soon as I got there and sat down, I couldn't wait to start because I did my homework.

http://lifehacker.com/5975338/top-10-tips-for-acing-your-next-job-interview

My *****!!!!! I did everything in this post, made my cheat sheet, went over the company back to front..impressed the HELL out of the woman who did the initial phone interview with my knowledge, just finishes the follow up interview today, my bruh who works there said hethinks i got it. Said they liked me, I interviewed well, I was technical and very personable.Keep your heads up fambs it will happen! So stoked

Good **** man, congratulations :smokin

As for myself, I have orientation Friday, begin training Monday. They said it'll be done in Anaheim/Tustin, they offered to put me up in a room or pay me mileage.

Decisions, Decisions.

Traffic, accessibility to meals ($$) and gas spent along with traffic have me thinking of staying out there for however long i'll be down there. Gym access isn't an issue considering there's a few LAF's in that area...23 miles each way with approximately 1hr on the way back at the end of the day, plus dealing with traffic if I decide to tough it out by staying home :x :x

Last edited:
I'm saying man, I wanna smash me one of these milfs. This is a big change of scenery for me since I live in the hood (I've been living in Allapattah since I was 7)

My guess is that they just didn't make enough revenue. Tourists made up a lot of the sales (brazilian chicks were always the baddest). Traffic at that mall wasn't all that great, I mean not bad but nothing like dadeland for example.

I left before they closed up shop but there was supposedly plans of relocating to south beach.

Take the room . This halliburton job is straight up dummy work so far I'm making 3600 every 2 weeks to twist a knob and sleep or watch Netflix in a truck. Work with some good dudes and stay in a hotel for a week at a time also get mad yambs at heb or where ever go in uni. The only draw back is the south Texas heat it's a totally different beast.

What do you do exactly?

Anyway I'm staying out of here until I have something positive to post. ***** depressing.

Rell, you in the Socal area? What's your background?

I feel down most days.. its almost been a year since I've had a job.

But I got a big exam coming up soon and then I'm going to go balls-2-walls on sending out resumes.

Just got hired at two retail Jobs.. One is FT sales at an upscale Macy's type of dept. store the other is at a bigbox electronics retailer..

I hate both, but right now I'm unemployed with no income coming in.. Trying to decide on one of them or both.

What do you do exactly?

Anyway I'm staying out of here until I have something positive to post. ***** depressing.

Oa1 for frac since I'm green as hell, I'm basically a do boy like just now I had to drive the bosses truck back to the hotel to pick up some body that missed call out, 4 hours gone right there. So far I've worked sand and rebuild pumps which is a pretty decent workout. Usually get about 16 hours a day at 6 a week than get 3 days off or I can work my days off and get more bread. Also we get a per diem and mileage along with a fuel card , it's a lot of companies that pay more per hour but none of them take care of you like halliburton.

Got an interview tomorrow for a van driver position for a hotel. Not what I'm really looking for since I'm at an age where a flexible schedule doesn't work for me, but I need something that'll guarantee me more hourse. Guess I'll see how everything goes tomorrow

Hey NTers, New Zealander here. Going to complete my degree in Compsci and Psychology by the end of the year at the best university in New Zealand.

Always wanted to move to the States since I was little. Any advice on where to start to get a job offer from somewhere in the States straight from New Zealand? I know chances are slim, but it's worth a shot since I know things like this have happened before. Thing is I'm not too sure where to start out. Most recruiting sites I know are for jobs in New Zealand.

Advice would be greatly appreciated guys

Hey NTers, New Zealander here. Going to complete my degree in Compsci and Psychology by the end of the year at the best university in New Zealand.

Always wanted to move to the States since I was little. Any advice on where to start to get a job offer from somewhere in the States straight from New Zealand? I know chances are slim, but it's worth a shot since I know things like this have happened before. Thing is I'm not too sure where to start out. Most recruiting sites I know are for jobs in New Zealand.

Advice would be greatly appreciated guys

I assume u have been to the US before but working here is different than visiting.
You can apply for jobs in the US although you being a foreigner will probably lower your chances of getting hired.
Otherwise you could look into getting a job with a company that has a US branch office.

Seriously though, appreciate the fact that you live in the most beautiful country on the planet and one of the most prosperous nations ( i studied at the university of auckland before)

I assume u have been to the US before but working here is different than visiting.
You can apply for jobs in the US although you being a foreigner will probably lower your chances of getting hired.
Otherwise you could look into getting a job with a company that has a US branch office.

Seriously though, appreciate the fact that you live in the most beautiful country on the planet and one of the most prosperous nations ( i studied at the university of auckland before)

Yeah been to the US a couple of times (LA, Dallas) but as you said only for holidays.

So going on indeed.com and applying for jobs intended for US citizens won't be of much help right?

Yea I definitely do appreciate it, but I want to accomplish what I've always wanted when I'm young, taking risks while I can. Thanks for the help man

How bout we trade, sir?? You take the good o'l US and I go down to NZ for the rest of our lives..

On the real tho, I want to do a working holiday down under. How's it for Americans getting jobs in NZ or AUS?

How bout we trade, sir?? You take the good o'l US and I go down to NZ for the rest of our lives..

On the real tho, I want to do a working holiday down under. How's it for Americans getting jobs in NZ or AUS?

Deal!

I'd say it's not too hard, depends on what kind of job you're after, but I think it'll be easier to get a job in Australia. Lot more jobs there, higher paying and exchange rate is better. Especially those mines in Aussie, I heard the money is crazy since they're usually in boring and dead towns.

Had a store meeting yesterday morning, guess who got Team Member of the Month :nthat:

yuuup got it!  just got the call a few minutes ago!  i'm jobless no more!
Good **** man :nthat:

My guess is that they just didn't make enough revenue. Tourists made up a lot of the sales (brazilian chicks were always the baddest). Traffic at that mall wasn't all that great, I mean not bad but nothing like dadeland for example.

I left before they closed up shop but there was supposedly plans of relocating to south beach.
I see. I use to stay in Sunset almost every weekend back in middle school. I loved going into that Niketown knowing damn well I couldn't afford anything in there :lol:

Congrats! I wish I can get a job soon. So frustrating, but trying to stay positive.
 thanks famb!  yea keep your head up man, keep plugging away you'll get it!  
Had a store meeting yesterday morning, guess who got Team Member of the Month
nthat.gif

Good **** man
nthat.gif

I see. I use to stay in Sunset almost every weekend back in middle school. I loved going into that Niketown knowing damn well I couldn't afford anything in there
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Hey NT i am also looking for employment. I graduated from graduate school about 2 months ago and moved across the country about a month ago. Although I am jobless right now I do have some leads. What I have learned is the importance of NETWORKING. For all you interested in a job I would email or talk to the boss where you want to work. In the subject line of the email I always state it as a informational interview. I just say i am interested in the field and am looking to learn more about the community. I always attach my resume as well. And many people have been willing to talk and give me more people to contact. After every meeting I make sure to hand write a letter thanking them for their time. Everyone I talk to states the importance if Networking. Along with aplying for jobs make sure you guys are meeting people in the field. Let me know if I could be of service to anyone.  

Finally got a call back from a temp agency, they called me literally 20 mins after I applied. I meet with them tomorrow at 9, I hope they can place me somewhere that pays well.

Back
Top Bottom