JOE BUDDEN Punchlines and Quotes. VOL.Going to the Halfway House.

Long way to go verse 1

Please lord somethin gotta give
they say for every negative theres a positve
But i ain't positive for every buck deposited
we still in the hood livin like hostages and nevermind colleges
school of hardknocks scholarships dealin wit politics
i would sell success in a store if could bottle it
but i aint a millionaire won't see me in forbes son
life is like a beach chair when you can afford one
Ruger loaded just in case the war come
might as well everything is coming to the forefront
need a clear head just to think %@%% a drink and my two step
ninja im two steps from a drink pressure either bust pipes
or make diamonds no matter how high up the mountain i stay
climbin freedom i keep chancin and if i fall like beyonce
i'll get up and keep dancin

funny how before this dropped he really aint say nothin much about Jay and the whole leavin Def Jam thing...now
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Im thinkin he did some verses over cuz he even got at Ransom on this and Im like Im thinking this been done for awhile
laugh.gif
Joey that dude I wouldnt be surprised if this really was finished a few daysbefore release cuz some of the references is too recent

smokin.gif

That one quote is ironic. As I recall it... I ain't going at Jay, HE'S THE GREATEST BREATHING.... or something like that. It seems to me that Joey isthe one who can't make his mind up. At least Jay prefaced American Gangster with the "concept album cop-out" before he "switched up".Get it together Mouse.

^he was refering to THAT particular freestyle when he said that 'aint goin at the greatest breathing' quote, cuz the lines sounded like he was goin atJay, and that was like 3-4 years ago....that being said, I dont understand the point of it

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

That one quote is ironic. As I recall it... I ain't going at Jay, HE'S THE GREATEST BREATHING.... or something like that. It seems to me that Joey is the one who can't make his mind up. At least Jay prefaced American Gangster with the "concept album cop-out" before he "switched up". Get it together Mouse.

Its very clear Joey was lying. I wonder why rappers dont come out n just say they lying when they are cop-out is for (()) I never liked that about dude(OlMan Jigga) if you wanna make a gangsta drug album again just say "I can do what the F_ I want. If you gotta problem oh well", it dont seem consistentwith that pay me no minid line.

smokin.gif

I'm sure Joey didn't kno his "fave rapper" was goin to push his iish back and drop 2 LP's and basically iish on him.
Dude was tryin to be humble back then.
Now son is ventin.

^pretty much tho, that first quote was before the Black Album dropped, it wasnt no problem then, he wasnt even president at the time that freestyle dropped,bringing up that quote is irrelevant.

It still seemed kinda pointless tho cuz of how he never placed the blame on Jay, but %+%! it, I dont blame him for being tight if thats how he really feel...

Excuses excuses excuses..... dude was doing what every new signee always does.. that "blind loyalty" crap. Ya'll remember that 12 hour windowwhen Game was ride or die for G-Unit? Look what happened. And yeah Budda, I know Jay was BSin but he at least copped out and it holds up. It's a practicalcop out.

And as one of the 12 living Joe Budden FANS on this planet, I'll say this:

American Gangster and Kingdom Come > Joe Budden (album)

And to add to that fact-based opinion, it's incredibly hard to "break" a new artist, especially one as solid as Joe Budden. Dude has nogimmick-appeal. I would have done the same thing Jay did if I was him. Think about it from his POV... He can drop his OWN album AND get the return on theinvestment. That's win/win as a rapper/exec, whereas it's a gamble to throw another Joe Budden album to the public after the reception the first onereceived. Couple that with what seems to be a fact in that Joe Budden's strength is making B-side, emo-thug anthems. Can you really blame"S.C. CEO, the next Lyor"? NO. The "Next leader of the whole Free World" can't really afford (and I use that term loosely...) to gambleon in this decrepit state of dismal album sales. I mean, sure, theoretically you can let Joey release a cure-all Illmatic 2 type album and that would bringsales, but in reality.....nah
tired.gif

All Im sayin is what you tried to compare in ya 1st post I responded to aren't really comparable. At the time Joe gettin at Jigga wasn't the casethere's no reason to do it(no motivating or disrespectful factor). Now after the fact of him leaving DJ clearly he feels some way about it or somethingthat happened and possibly things we dont know n may never know depedinng if Ol Man Jigga responds might have happened that Joey said Imma have to go at dude.What Jigga did was say Im moving on to a mature state of mind and this album(KC) is me showcasing it only for it to not be generally praised for him to go backon what he said and do a typical album that we all know him for.

I was just watching this Budden video off the DVD about the Ran situation and something I remember now that he said was "I rarely go at dudes like that.Ususally theres a reason or the other dude started it." to quote loosely. So thats a possibility. Also I dont think Joe is the type of dude to ge at arapper in a better position than him and bait him in a battle to get up fame wise in the industry. Altho I could be completely wrong and this is what Joe wantsand is planning to do.

On a side note I'd really prefer for most rappers when making statements to tell the truth(as rare as that may be with some) especially if it has nothingto do with money. I can understand lying about retirement(a clear profit) but saying ya album is gonna be mature(it wasnt really) and then to have ya nextalbum not be you continuing down that path is showing a slight lack of creativity and integrity I mean the movie moved you like that? and yea I kno some Jiggafans are never happy they want him to rap about crack but then complain when he does cuz he said he wont anymore but as bad n awful I think KC was I reallywish dude had continued with mature albums. It just seems like dude gave up on it when he heard the bad reviews. I didnt like that and I wont be surprisedeither way with his next album. Dude should just say I'll do what the %$%# I want when I want I'll rap about anything if I feel like it. Thats why Ibelieve that pay me no mind line is soo hollow if you didnt care what others thought you'd keep it G n keep doin what you want whether it be mature or whatyou use to do.

smokin.gif

JOe lied about how he hates when artist freestyle a verse only to hear it on a song later...i was "upset" about the Family reunion verse.

and did yall hear 5th gear??
This MuthaF!!!a said
"eye of a tiger na a sniper with great aim/
i wont bee another great slain/
taste flames, embrace pain/
ask Eddie Griffin you gone lose everytime goin up against a freight train"

JOe lied about how he hates when artist freestyle a verse only to hear it on a song later...i was "upset" about the Family reunion verse.
I hate that and I was extremely pissed when dude just did that like nobody listens to satellite radio

smokin.gif

I dont know if anybody poted it already but dude said-"She left Rehab and went straight to the winehouse(Whinehouse)" I been puttin dudes inB'ham on Joe on for a minute and I was real shocked to hear a couple dudes bumpin MM3 in the Club Crib parkin lot last night when jeezy was performin

Originally Posted by Free The Chief

And to add to that fact-based opinion, it's incredibly hard to "break" a new artist, especially one as solid as Joe Budden. Dude has no gimmick-appeal. I would have done the same thing Jay did if I was him. Think about it from his POV... He can drop his OWN album AND get the return on the investment. That's win/win as a rapper/exec, whereas it's a gamble to throw another Joe Budden album to the public after the reception the first one received. Couple that with what seems to be a fact in that Joe Budden's strength is making B-side, emo-thug anthems. Can you really blame "S.C. CEO, the next Lyor"? NO. The "Next leader of the whole Free World" can't really afford (and I use that term loosely...) to gamble on in this decrepit state of dismal album sales. I mean, sure, theoretically you can let Joey release a cure-all Illmatic 2 type album and that would bring sales, but in reality.....nah
tired.gif

None of this makes sense. The only reason why rappers like Joe,Saigon,Pap, Joell O etc can't drop its because the labels are flooding the airwaves withone hit wonders. Once the labels saw what sold "party records" they force fed us with this and the souths emergence was even more fuel to the fire.This is not a smart business move the reason why hiphop lasted over 30 years was because hiphop fans could choose any type of music they wanted it was so manydifferent choices. We had Boot Camp Click,Wu,Dre/westcoast,Oakland-Spice 1 Too Short E40.Down South-Rap a lot-Tela ,Scarface,Yukmouth underground-Jurassic 5Live hiphop band-The Roots-Rawkus-Monch ,Blackstar Badboy records i can go on for days. Hiphop is dead no way Joey in the old def jam regime Joey wouldnt beenon his 3rd album. What happen to releasin good music i hate the state of hiphop because the fans are questioning whether our favorite artists are worthy of arelease date when Webbie on his 2nd album!!! WEBBIE WILL HAVE 2 ALBUMS IN STORES BEFORE JOE BUDDEN HIPHOP LOST!!!!!!!!!!

where the hell you done took the post ?!?
what, you thought N's was gon let somebody go at Jay head like that and get off clean? shhhiiiiiii
grin.gif
, this NT homie, you forgot lol?

Yeah....Joe is going at Jay....But he admits that he is still the greatest rapper alive....

Dude just letting out his frustration....

I thought I had a great job/
back when N's loved the ?/
wasnt in it for the money like a A Rod/
?= culture / coach
thought I was on the right route tackling the game/
ti'll they handcuff my mouth and put the shackels on my brain/
popular stranger gone but still here/
"can he ?" my carrer I put it on a wheelchair/
is gettin a deal fair? , nothing but real here/
amazed after all these years im still here/

Handicap

eff PLAT
If I don't reach diamond fame/
I treat a dudes face like that old Simon game/

how you feel your selfs ,should yall selves/
us cowboys don't need you , you Bill Parcels/

I feel like the entire mixtape should have just been typed out with some bold's and piffery faces added when needed

Back
Top Bottom