Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I REALLY wanna know why people still like Jordan. Not even like, but think he's the next coming of jesus christ.

He's such a douche.
Yep, funny thing is that's the exact reason people hate a certain LA point guard like he physically slapped each and ever one of their mommas too.

Weird how that works huh.

No, what's funny is Kobe fans can't get over the fact that he'll NEVER be loved like MJ was so they get all hurt. 

For real, you can ask random people that don't even know anything about basketball and they'll be like they don't like Kobe, but Shaq seems like a nice guy.  (back when they were in LA)

Some people got it, some people don't.  Shaq can do movies.  MJ can do movies.  Ain't nobody gonna see a movie with Kobe in it. 

Originally Posted by Murda He

Originally Posted by Deuce King

but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest.

LOL.
How could you argue such an open ended opinion? Care to counter it?  What ability did Jordan have that Kobe hasn't displayed at this point? Seriously?  the only thing Jordan did more than Kobe was win. and it can be argued that in a TEAM sport, that's the least individual statistic.

Are you serious??  First off, Jordan averge PPG is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Secondly, Jordan's average PPG in the PLAYOFFS is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Not to mention with Jordan he average more in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.  It's foolish for anyone to any try to equate Jordan with the other guy or even the other guy with Jordan more importantly, cause it's a lose lose situation either way.  By the way, Jordan did alot more than just win more than the other guy and that's putting it lightly.  We can start with Jordan's defense for one, then we can go to the regular season MVP's.........while the other guy only has a measly 1, then we can go to Finals MVP, which is where you and a few others on your side get completley left in the dust.  Besides, Jordan had his own identity, too bad we CAN'T say the same for the other guy.  Are you starting to see the bigger picture now champ??

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that defenses allowed more hacking.... but then say Jordan is miles ahead of Kobe's defense in a different Era.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that there were no zones in Jordan's time... but then say Jordan was a better scorer than Kobe in a different Era

(when we all know Kobe is the better shooter, but that neither of the two men is stoppable AT ALL one on one
30t6p3b.gif
)

But..

I find it PATHETIC that people get upset when Kobe is compared to Jordan... as if they aren't roughly the exact same size, play the same position, in the same system, with the same coach. I'm not a Stan because I brought up Kobe. I'm a logical observer of the sport.

As for your actual claims... I never once said Kobe rivaled Jordan's production, just like I'll never claim Kobe rivals Lebron's. That's a totally different argument. I said they had similar ABILITIES. Dry your eyes and re-read what I'm trying to point out. Jordan has ALWAYS been THEE guy on his team. that an extra 8ppg right there. Kobe had to develop and so Kobe's only spent the latter half of his career in the dominant role. No denying that. So all those numbers are a wash to me. That has nothing to do with what I'm actually campaigning. That's comparing apples and oranges really..  I'm talking about peak level performance, not career stats. And at the big moment, in a clutch game, at this point either man is capable of winning it. There is nothing Jordan HAS done at his peak that Kobe couldn't do at this point. Accept it and move on, cuz the game will keep moving with or without you.

No, what's funny is Kobe fans can't get over the fact that he'll NEVER be loved like MJ was so they get all hurt. 

That's just weak
laugh.gif
. As a kobe fan who was a Jordan fan for years and hated young Kobe... that's just plain gay. As a grown man, I could care less if either of these men are "loved". They ain't my parents. They ain't paying my bills either. they just entertain me. I have ZERO vested interest in wither of them outside of an arena. I think this quote just back fired. The fact that you would even conceive the thought of another person having such a bromosexual thought makes YOU look bad, not whoever you were attempting to describe.

You sound hurt so obviously YOU are one of those guys i was describing. Conceive the thought?  Yea because it was SOO hard to see right?  There's been TON of posts where Kobe fans, such as yourself, ask the question of why their favorite player get hated on so much, but MJ doesn't.  Y'all sound jealous as hell.  Like a little grade school kid that's butt hurt because nobody likes them.  Except, it's worse, because its' not even YOU that they dont' like, it's your favorite player.  How sad.

I love how you try to play the "i'm not bias" role too 
roll.gif
 Yea oookkkay buddy.  After seeing you write an entire essay defending Kobe.  I swear Kobe fans like you are the most fake people here.  Always trying to show that they aren't on "one" side yet in EVERY thread, you see them defending their player and getting mad when people call them out.  Be real.  So no, the quote didn't "backfire," you trying to defend against it, did though.

but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest.

LOL.
How could you argue such an open ended opinion? Care to counter it?  What ability did Jordan have that Kobe hasn't displayed at this point? Seriously?  the only thing Jordan did more than Kobe was win. and it can be argued that in a TEAM sport, that's the least individual statistic.

Are you serious??  First off, Jordan averge PPG is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Secondly, Jordan's average PPG in the PLAYOFFS is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Not to mention with Jordan he average more in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.  It's foolish for anyone to any try to equate Jordan with the other guy or even the other guy with Jordan more importantly, cause it's a lose lose situation either way.  By the way, Jordan did alot more than just win more than the other guy and that's putting it lightly.  We can start with Jordan's defense for one, then we can go to the regular season MVP's.........while the other guy only has a measly 1, then we can go to Finals MVP, which is where you and a few others on your side get completley left in the dust.  Besides, Jordan had his own identity, too bad we CAN'T say the same for the other guy.  Are you starting to see the bigger picture now champ??

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that defenses allowed more hacking.... but then say Jordan is miles ahead of Kobe's defense in a different Era.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that there were no zones in Jordan's time... but then say Jordan was a better scorer than Kobe in a different Era

(when we all know Kobe is the better shooter, but that neither of the two men is stoppable AT ALL one on one
30t6p3b.gif
)

But..

I find it PATHETIC that people get upset when Kobe is compared to Jordan... as if they aren't roughly the exact same size, play the same position, in the same system, with the same coach. I'm not a Stan because I brought up Kobe. I'm a logical observer of the sport.

As for your actual claims... I never once said Kobe rivaled Jordan's production, just like I'll never claim Kobe rivals Lebron's. That's a totally different argument. I said they had similar ABILITIES. Dry your eyes and re-read what I'm trying to point out. Jordan has ALWAYS been THEE guy on his team. that an extra 8ppg right there. Kobe had to develop and so Kobe's only spent the latter half of his career in the dominant role. No denying that. So all those numbers are a wash to me. That has nothing to do with what I'm actually campaigning. That's comparing apples and oranges really..  I'm talking about peak level performance, not career stats. And at the big moment, in a clutch game, at this point either man is capable of winning it. There is nothing Jordan HAS done at his peak that Kobe couldn't do at this point. Accept it and move on, cuz the game will keep moving with or without you.

That's just weak
laugh.gif
. As a kobe fan who was a Jordan fan for years and hated young Kobe... that's just plain gay. As a grown man, I could care less if either of these men are "loved". They ain't my parents. They ain't paying my bills either. they just entertain me. I have ZERO vested interest in wither of them outside of an arena. I think this quote just back fired. The fact that you would even conceive the thought of another person having such a bromosexual thought makes YOU look bad, not whoever you were attempting to describe.

You sound hurt so obviously YOU are one of those guys i was describing. Conceive the thought?  Yea because it was SOO hard to see right?  There's been TON of posts where Kobe fans, such as yourself, ask the question of why their favorite player get hated on so much, but MJ doesn't.  Y'all sound jealous as hell.  Like a little grade school kid that's butt hurt because nobody likes them.  Except, it's worse, because its' not even YOU that they dont' like, it's your favorite player.  How sad.

I love how you try to play the "i'm not bias" role too 
roll.gif
 Yea oookkkay buddy.  After seeing you write an entire essay defending Kobe.  I swear Kobe fans like you are the most fake people here.  Always trying to show that they aren't on "one" side yet in EVERY thread, you see them defending their player and getting mad when people call them out.  Be real.  So no, the quote didn't "backfire," you trying to defend against it, did though.

i'm not saying jordan can or can't drop 100 in this era, but yall act like EVERY TEAM jordan played against was as rough and tough as the detroit pistons. come on now
laugh.gif

i'm not saying jordan can or can't drop 100 in this era, but yall act like EVERY TEAM jordan played against was as rough and tough as the detroit pistons. come on now
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

laugh.gif
You're right, he played against the 80's Nuggets too. I can't say 100 in one game because that's wild but I'm pretty confident he could average 40 a night for a season. He averaged 23 at 38-39. 

Originally Posted by KB8isCLUTCH

laugh.gif
You're right, he played against the 80's Nuggets too. I can't say 100 in one game because that's wild but I'm pretty confident he could average 40 a night for a season. He averaged 23 at 38-39. 

Most of us get it, Jordan would put up mad numbers in todays game. But everyone needs to open their eyes and see how much of an egotistical tool he is.
So what?
He's the best player to play the game. I'd be egotistical too. 

Most of us get it, Jordan would put up mad numbers in todays game. But everyone needs to open their eyes and see how much of an egotistical tool he is.
So what?
He's the best player to play the game. I'd be egotistical too. 

People forget that the whole superstar treatment thing started with Michael.  He paved the way for guys like Dwade and Lebron to get 20 free throws a game. 

I peeped Jordan's stats real quick on google...I put in Michael Jordan free throws attempts. 

He holds the record for most free throws in a half.  Dude had 23 free throws in one half....in 1992. 

Yea it might've been rougher in the 90's but Mike was getting his calls back in the day like today's stars are getting them now. 

People forget that the whole superstar treatment thing started with Michael.  He paved the way for guys like Dwade and Lebron to get 20 free throws a game. 

I peeped Jordan's stats real quick on google...I put in Michael Jordan free throws attempts. 

He holds the record for most free throws in a half.  Dude had 23 free throws in one half....in 1992. 

Yea it might've been rougher in the 90's but Mike was getting his calls back in the day like today's stars are getting them now. 

he coulda dropped however he much he wanted when he was playing, there were plenty of %*%*$! teams ala the Raptors he couldve lit up.

He didnt do it then.
hes mad they doin it now.

just applaud em and sit back MJ, we all know your accomplishments...

he coulda dropped however he much he wanted when he was playing, there were plenty of %*%*$! teams ala the Raptors he couldve lit up.

He didnt do it then.
hes mad they doin it now.

just applaud em and sit back MJ, we all know your accomplishments...

these young kidds that didnt watch 90's basketball just dont know.

the league now is weak.

its way less physical

way too many fouls called and way too much flopping

no one can shoot the midrange shot

no quality big men

no one can post up

these are basic fundamentals of the game

and the whole "the players are way more athletic today" arguement is stupid

people who say that just dont know 90's basketball.

there were more athletic guys in the 90's then now,because there wasnt so many euro guys

besides naming all of the obvious superstars,guys like

kevin johnson
robert pack
cliff robinson
jerome kersey
ron harper before he got hurt
larry nance
spudd web
kenny walker
even tom chambers
laugh.gif

man all these dudes were athletic and could jump out of the gym and bang it on anyone

and the superstars of that era were way more athletic than the superstars of today

jordan
pippen
barkley
malone
david robinson
olajuwon
clyde drexler
dominuque wilkins
james worthy
shawn kemp
penny hardaway
grant hill

in their athletic primes these guys were unparalled

now look at the superstars of today

kobe
lebron
wade
duncan
garnett
howard
chris paul
derron williams
nash
dirk
gasol
vince carter

that 90's list is killin todays list

there is no barkley,malone,robinson,olajuwon,jordan,kemp,pippen,grant hill,penny hardaway in todays game because all of these dudes had a combination of athleticsim and skill

lebron is probably the only guy on their level as far as being freaks of nature and havin skill

theres plenty of athletic guys today,but they suck because they dont have fundamentals (dwight howard)

most of you young kidds only saw highlights of old barkley,and old malone,and every other 90's star when they were washed up,so you dont know how athletic they were

at the end of the day players back then were just as athletic,but they had all the fundamentals that todays players dont have

these young kidds that didnt watch 90's basketball just dont know.

the league now is weak.

its way less physical

way too many fouls called and way too much flopping

no one can shoot the midrange shot

no quality big men

no one can post up

these are basic fundamentals of the game

and the whole "the players are way more athletic today" arguement is stupid

people who say that just dont know 90's basketball.

there were more athletic guys in the 90's then now,because there wasnt so many euro guys

besides naming all of the obvious superstars,guys like

kevin johnson
robert pack
cliff robinson
jerome kersey
ron harper before he got hurt
larry nance
spudd web
kenny walker
even tom chambers
laugh.gif

man all these dudes were athletic and could jump out of the gym and bang it on anyone

and the superstars of that era were way more athletic than the superstars of today

jordan
pippen
barkley
malone
david robinson
olajuwon
clyde drexler
dominuque wilkins
james worthy
shawn kemp
penny hardaway
grant hill

in their athletic primes these guys were unparalled

now look at the superstars of today

kobe
lebron
wade
duncan
garnett
howard
chris paul
derron williams
nash
dirk
gasol
vince carter

that 90's list is killin todays list

there is no barkley,malone,robinson,olajuwon,jordan,kemp,pippen,grant hill,penny hardaway in todays game because all of these dudes had a combination of athleticsim and skill

lebron is probably the only guy on their level as far as being freaks of nature and havin skill

theres plenty of athletic guys today,but they suck because they dont have fundamentals (dwight howard)

most of you young kidds only saw highlights of old barkley,and old malone,and every other 90's star when they were washed up,so you dont know how athletic they were

at the end of the day players back then were just as athletic,but they had all the fundamentals that todays players dont have

I will NEVER doubt Jordan... 90-91 MJ vs. Raps, last years Warriors or Cleveland today could have dropped 100 if he wanted to...

I will NEVER doubt Jordan... 90-91 MJ vs. Raps, last years Warriors or Cleveland today could have dropped 100 if he wanted to...

Back
Top Bottom