Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

The NBA fouls are getting as sad and soft as the NFL quarterback protection rules. Neither of these sports resemble what they once were, and it's not a good thing.

If Wade played in the 90s, his commercial would have said: "Fall down 7 times, miss 8 games."

some of yall really love to overhype Jordan

yall really think he could score 100?

and "he scored this much against the rough defenses of his day" is such a terrible argument, if thats the case why didnt he score 100 against the weak defenses he did face?

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by Murda He

I was just saying that the game is smarter...

Hell, Elgin Baylor beget The Doc beget His Airness beget Mamba beget the Queen....

People get so nostalgic that they can't move past the past. The game keeps pace though. It gets smarter. It builds on what's come before. Jordan is looking around the league and feeling dominant when it's actually kinda funny how many chinks in his armor he really had as an older player. Just the way that AI broke him down in 96. It says more than people readily admit. In just one play, we saw something epic. The way he failed to even almost guard that kid was like watching the death of late 80's ball as it crashed head first into 1996. Sure it's just one play, but that's the way the game is played these days. Jordan's a fool to think 1991 basketball is better than 2010 basketball. That doesn't even make evolutionary sense scientifically. That's why I brought up IQ.. the game has evolved. Just ask the 20 or so GOOD guards in the League about the 4 or 5 GOOD bigs. Fair enough?

Ok....gotcha.  Lemme ask you...how good do you think an "in-his-prime" MJ would do in today's NBA?  He proved that in the latter stages of his career when he was w. the Wizards he could out-think his opponent and still be effective as he was pushing 40 years old.....and that was a totally different NBA than what it was like in his heyday w. the Bulls. 
On a scale of one to ten, like about  47
laugh.gif
. But I mean... and I hate to use Kobe as the barometer.. but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest. The only major difference is that there are several players closer to Kobe's caliber than there were to Jordan's, so Kobe's legacy looks A LOT less amazing, even though it's not as far off from Jordan's as people may think (with Kobe having another 4 or 5 seasons left in the tank
nerd.gif
).. Jordan wold have done things along the line of Kobe's 40 point streak. He's have been, well.. Jordan.  Jordan would have a similar legacy either way. If he was drafted in 1996, the main difference would be that he wouldn't have as many scoring titles, first team all __ s, MVPs, ASGMVPs. or other awards that may have gone to the likes of Dirk, TD, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe, Durant, T-mac, AI, VC, etc..  so his legacy wouldn't be as big as it is today, even if his game was as big or bigger. And no, he wouldn't sniff 100 points either.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

I was just saying that the game is smarter...

Hell, Elgin Baylor beget The Doc beget His Airness beget Mamba beget the Queen....

People get so nostalgic that they can't move past the past. The game keeps pace though. It gets smarter. It builds on what's come before. Jordan is looking around the league and feeling dominant when it's actually kinda funny how many chinks in his armor he really had as an older player. Just the way that AI broke him down in 96. It says more than people readily admit. In just one play, we saw something epic. The way he failed to even almost guard that kid was like watching the death of late 80's ball as it crashed head first into 1996. Sure it's just one play, but that's the way the game is played these days. Jordan's a fool to think 1991 basketball is better than 2010 basketball. That doesn't even make evolutionary sense scientifically. That's why I brought up IQ.. the game has evolved. Just ask the 20 or so GOOD guards in the League about the 4 or 5 GOOD bigs. Fair enough?

Ok....gotcha.  Lemme ask you...how good do you think an "in-his-prime" MJ would do in today's NBA?  He proved that in the latter stages of his career when he was w. the Wizards he could out-think his opponent and still be effective as he was pushing 40 years old.....and that was a totally different NBA than what it was like in his heyday w. the Bulls. 
On a scale of one to ten, like about  47
laugh.gif
. But I mean... and I hate to use Kobe as the barometer.. but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest. The only major difference is that there are several players closer to Kobe's caliber than there were to Jordan's, so Kobe's legacy looks A LOT less amazing, even though it's not as far off from Jordan's as people may think (with Kobe having another 4 or 5 seasons left in the tank
nerd.gif
).. Jordan wold have done things along the line of Kobe's 40 point streak. He's have been, well.. Jordan.  Jordan would have a similar legacy either way. If he was drafted in 1996, the main difference would be that he wouldn't have as many scoring titles, first team all __ s, MVPs, ASGMVPs. or other awards that may have gone to the likes of Dirk, TD, Shaq, Lebron, Kobe, Durant, T-mac, AI, VC, etc..  so his legacy wouldn't be as big as it is today, even if his game was as big or bigger. And no, he wouldn't sniff 100 points either.

but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest.

LOL.

but.. it's not like Kobe isn't at or just under (maybe slightly above depending on who you ask) the level Jordan was at when Jordan was doing people left and right. That's just being honest.

LOL.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

LOL.
How could you argue such an open ended opinion? Care to counter it?  What ability did Jordan have that Kobe hasn't displayed at this point? Seriously?  the only thing Jordan did more than Kobe was win. and it can be argued that in a TEAM sport, that's the least individual statistic.

LOL.
How could you argue such an open ended opinion? Care to counter it?  What ability did Jordan have that Kobe hasn't displayed at this point? Seriously?  the only thing Jordan did more than Kobe was win. and it can be argued that in a TEAM sport, that's the least individual statistic.

LOL.

Are you serious??  First off, Jordan averge PPG is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Secondly, Jordan's average PPG in the PLAYOFFS is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Not to mention with Jordan he average more in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.  It's foolish for anyone to any try to equate Jordan with the other guy or even the other guy with Jordan more importantly, cause it's a lose lose situation either way.  By the way, Jordan did alot more than just win more than the other guy and that's putting it lightly.  We can start with Jordan's defense for one, then we can go to the regular season MVP's.........while the other guy only has a measly 1, then we can go to Finals MVP, which is where you and a few others on your side get completley left in the dust.  Besides, Jordan had his own identity, too bad we CAN'T say the same for the other guy.  Are you starting to see the bigger picture now champ??

LOL.

Are you serious??  First off, Jordan averge PPG is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Secondly, Jordan's average PPG in the PLAYOFFS is higher than the other guy.......FACT.  Not to mention with Jordan he average more in the playoffs than he did in the regular season.  It's foolish for anyone to any try to equate Jordan with the other guy or even the other guy with Jordan more importantly, cause it's a lose lose situation either way.  By the way, Jordan did alot more than just win more than the other guy and that's putting it lightly.  We can start with Jordan's defense for one, then we can go to the regular season MVP's.........while the other guy only has a measly 1, then we can go to Finals MVP, which is where you and a few others on your side get completley left in the dust.  Besides, Jordan had his own identity, too bad we CAN'T say the same for the other guy.  Are you starting to see the bigger picture now champ??

Kobe had to be brought up...
30t6p3b.gif

If Jordan could average 32.5,8,8 on 54% FG shooting in the prime of the Bad Boy era, I think he could do some major damage in the NBA today. 54 FG%!!!
30t6p3b.gif

Kobe had to be brought up...
30t6p3b.gif

If Jordan could average 32.5,8,8 on 54% FG shooting in the prime of the Bad Boy era, I think he could do some major damage in the NBA today. 54 FG%!!!
30t6p3b.gif

Most of us get it, Jordan would put up mad numbers in todays game. But everyone needs to open their eyes and see how much of an egotistical tool he is.

Most of us get it, Jordan would put up mad numbers in todays game. But everyone needs to open their eyes and see how much of an egotistical tool he is.

Originally Posted by K2theAblaM

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

I REALLY wanna know why people still like Jordan. Not even like, but think he's the next coming of jesus christ.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]He's such a douche.[/color]
Yep, funny thing is that's the exact reason people hate a certain LA point guard like he physically slapped each and ever one of their mommas too.

Weird how that works huh.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 How did no one catch this? 

I REALLY wanna know why people still like Jordan. Not even like, but think he's the next coming of jesus christ.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]He's such a douche.[/color]
Yep, funny thing is that's the exact reason people hate a certain LA point guard like he physically slapped each and ever one of their mommas too.

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
 How did no one catch this? 

He's such a douche.

No, what's funny is Kobe fans can't get over the fact that he'll NEVER be loved like MJ was so they get all hurt. 

He's such a douche.

No, what's funny is Kobe fans can't get over the fact that he'll NEVER be loved like MJ was so they get all hurt. 

LOL.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that defenses allowed more hacking.... but then say Jordan is miles ahead of Kobe's defense in a different Era.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that there were no zones in Jordan's time... but then say Jordan was a better scorer than Kobe in a different Era

(when we all know Kobe is the better shooter, but that neither of the two men is stoppable AT ALL one on one
30t6p3b.gif
)

But..

I find it PATHETIC that people get upset when Kobe is compared to Jordan... as if they aren't roughly the exact same size, play the same position, in the same system, with the same coach. I'm not a Stan because I brought up Kobe. I'm a logical observer of the sport.

As for your actual claims... I never once said Kobe rivaled Jordan's production, just like I'll never claim Kobe rivals Lebron's. That's a totally different argument. I said they had similar ABILITIES. Dry your eyes and re-read what I'm trying to point out. Jordan has ALWAYS been THEE guy on his team. that an extra 8ppg right there. Kobe had to develop and so Kobe's only spent the latter half of his career in the dominant role. No denying that. So all those numbers are a wash to me. That has nothing to do with what I'm actually campaigning. That's comparing apples and oranges really..  I'm talking about peak level performance, not career stats. And at the big moment, in a clutch game, at this point either man is capable of winning it. There is nothing Jordan HAS done at his peak that Kobe couldn't do at this point. Accept it and move on, cuz the game will keep moving with or without you.

That's just weak
laugh.gif
. As a kobe fan who was a Jordan fan for years and hated young Kobe... that's just plain gay. As a grown man, I could care less if either of these men are "loved". They ain't my parents. They ain't paying my bills either. they just entertain me. I have ZERO vested interest in wither of them outside of an arena. I think this quote just back fired. The fact that you would even conceive the thought of another person having such a bromosexual thought makes YOU look bad, not whoever you were attempting to describe.

LOL.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that defenses allowed more hacking.... but then say Jordan is miles ahead of Kobe's defense in a different Era.

I find it ironic that people cite the fact that there were no zones in Jordan's time... but then say Jordan was a better scorer than Kobe in a different Era

(when we all know Kobe is the better shooter, but that neither of the two men is stoppable AT ALL one on one
30t6p3b.gif
)

But..

I find it PATHETIC that people get upset when Kobe is compared to Jordan... as if they aren't roughly the exact same size, play the same position, in the same system, with the same coach. I'm not a Stan because I brought up Kobe. I'm a logical observer of the sport.

As for your actual claims... I never once said Kobe rivaled Jordan's production, just like I'll never claim Kobe rivals Lebron's. That's a totally different argument. I said they had similar ABILITIES. Dry your eyes and re-read what I'm trying to point out. Jordan has ALWAYS been THEE guy on his team. that an extra 8ppg right there. Kobe had to develop and so Kobe's only spent the latter half of his career in the dominant role. No denying that. So all those numbers are a wash to me. That has nothing to do with what I'm actually campaigning. That's comparing apples and oranges really..  I'm talking about peak level performance, not career stats. And at the big moment, in a clutch game, at this point either man is capable of winning it. There is nothing Jordan HAS done at his peak that Kobe couldn't do at this point. Accept it and move on, cuz the game will keep moving with or without you.

That's just weak
laugh.gif
. As a kobe fan who was a Jordan fan for years and hated young Kobe... that's just plain gay. As a grown man, I could care less if either of these men are "loved". They ain't my parents. They ain't paying my bills either. they just entertain me. I have ZERO vested interest in wither of them outside of an arena. I think this quote just back fired. The fact that you would even conceive the thought of another person having such a bromosexual thought makes YOU look bad, not whoever you were attempting to describe.

Originally Posted by OneTrust

He's such a douche.

For real, you can ask random people that don't even know anything about basketball and they'll be like they don't like Kobe, but Shaq seems like a nice guy.  (back when they were in LA)

Some people got it, some people don't.  Shaq can do movies.  MJ can do movies.  Ain't nobody gonna see a movie with Kobe in it. 

Back
Top Bottom