Jordan his Airness, says he can score 100 points in NBA today.

You put so much anger in that response like MJ was talking down to you
eek.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif

thats how I talk & type. not a timid bone in my body, sorry Bruh bruh

Originally Posted by JStar25

. At 38 with bad knees and a few extra pounds MJ dropped 51 shot 55% in THIS ERA so I'm going to venture to say a PRIME MJ could pretty much do what he wants today.

And real talk defense WAS tougher in MJ's era than it is today, you can't deny that the rule changes were put in place to HELP scoring not stop scoring.

This is why I'm incline to bet with Money on this one

Originally Posted by JStar25

. At 38 with bad knees and a few extra pounds MJ dropped 51 shot 55% in THIS ERA so I'm going to venture to say a PRIME MJ could pretty much do what he wants today.

And real talk defense WAS tougher in MJ's era than it is today, you can't deny that the rule changes were put in place to HELP scoring not stop scoring.

This is why I'm incline to bet with Money on this one

Jordan just wants you to buy the game play as him against the current NBA teams and go for that 100.

Jordan just wants you to buy the game play as him against the current NBA teams and go for that 100.

100, though?

81 was about as absurd as it gets and was STILL 19 points away.

Games over 70? Creep up to what Kobe did, maybe pass that? Yeah, why not.

But unless you're a giant and athletic freak like Wilt was for his day..I just don't see it happening at the NBA level. Not a slight to Mike, I just don't think it's possible.

100, though?

But unless you're a giant and athletic freak like Wilt was for his day..I just don't see it happening at the NBA level. Not a slight to Mike, I just don't think it's possible.

Ain't no way.

Yes, the rules have changed, but like he said, he coulda fouled out as well, the way he played D.

Still the GOAT though.

Ain't no way.

Yes, the rules have changed, but like he said, he coulda fouled out as well, the way he played D.

Still the GOAT though.

rawjs wrote:
This guy can't help himself with his post-retirement douche bag comments.

It's really amazing what the NBA Marketing Spin-Machine did to protect this guy.

Cosign

some people on this board need to get off Jordans nuts.
kareem-abdul-jabbar-sky-hook-over-jordan-8x10_ec4013ce1d4cea764006f31448b6a60a.jpg
block.jpg

Hands down his shoes are still the best though and could drop 100 on any other shoe
happy.gif

�����

That's a strreetch. But he did score 50+ at the ripe old age of 40....

But honestly, why would he even need to score 100 points. Furthermore, his game probably would be adapted to the playing style of today's league. Not saying he would be any less aggressive or play soft in any way, shape, or form, but the motivation to score that many points would not be there because of the lack of competition.

That's a strreetch. But he did score 50+ at the ripe old age of 40....

But honestly, why would he even need to score 100 points. Furthermore, his game probably would be adapted to the playing style of today's league. Not saying he would be any less aggressive or play soft in any way, shape, or form, but the motivation to score that many points would not be there because of the lack of competition.

rawjs wrote:
This guy can't help himself with his post-retirement douche bag comments.

It's really amazing what the NBA Marketing Spin-Machine did to protect this guy.

Cosign

some people on this board need to get off Jordans nuts.
kareem-abdul-jabbar-sky-hook-over-jordan-8x10_ec4013ce1d4cea764006f31448b6a60a.jpg
block.jpg

Hands down his shoes are still the best though and could drop 100 on any other shoe
happy.gif

�����

Anyone who saw the 81 knows he "could" have had about 89 in that game.  He missed two free throws, had a And 1 called off on a call that coulda gone either way, and had Odom throw a pass down court where he was all by himself but Odom put it too far and went outtabounds.  All that, and he's still 11 short even with all the breaks he coulda had. 

Mike obviously had all the talent/hunger to challenge scoring records like that, with these rules, maybe he could have.  Usually I would say he should sit and be quiet, but he's hyping a new video game, an endorsement, he's gotta talk to create a buzz, so I ain't mad at him for it.  If he keeps bringing it up all the time over the next couple years, then I'll jump on him about it, but for now, I'll give him a pass. 

Anyone who saw the 81 knows he "could" have had about 89 in that game.  He missed two free throws, had a And 1 called off on a call that coulda gone either way, and had Odom throw a pass down court where he was all by himself but Odom put it too far and went outtabounds.  All that, and he's still 11 short even with all the breaks he coulda had. 

Mike obviously had all the talent/hunger to challenge scoring records like that, with these rules, maybe he could have.  Usually I would say he should sit and be quiet, but he's hyping a new video game, an endorsement, he's gotta talk to create a buzz, so I ain't mad at him for it.  If he keeps bringing it up all the time over the next couple years, then I'll jump on him about it, but for now, I'll give him a pass. 

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Yeah clearly, I havent seen Mike play.

I m not such a D-Riding, hero worshipper that takes everything Michael Jordan says as Gospel

Mike's a Clown. Been a Clown.

what does he gain from saying something like this? it aint enough that just about everyone calls him the greatest of all time, you wanna discredit %%$@ that dudes are doing who followed behind you ... Garbage

How much you wanna bet after Kobe dropped 80 a few yrs back the first words out Mike's mouth to anyone within ear shot was " well I woulda dropped a 100..." Ol hatin %%* stinkmeiner type #%@%!.

yea Mike we know you were great prolly the greatest but now... go sit down somewhere
COSIGN again

How is the game softer? I understand refs call a ton of fouls but the game is faster and  players are also stronger today...these guys would launch Jordan 50 feet. Football, baseball, soccer, and basketball have changed even in the last 10 years .

andre_iguodala_1257268185.jpg

laugh.gif

I m not such a D-Riding, hero worshipper that takes everything Michael Jordan says as Gospel

what does he gain from saying something like this? it aint enough that just about everyone calls him the greatest of all time, you wanna discredit %%$@ that dudes are doing who followed behind you ... Garbage

How much you wanna bet after Kobe dropped 80 a few yrs back the first words out Mike's mouth to anyone within ear shot was " well I woulda dropped a 100..." Ol hatin %%* stinkmeiner type #%@%!.

yea Mike we know you were great prolly the greatest but now... go sit down somewhere
COSIGN again

How is the game softer? I understand refs call a ton of fouls but the game is faster and  players are also stronger today...these guys would launch Jordan 50 feet. Football, baseball, soccer, and basketball have changed even in the last 10 years .

Originally Posted by Al3xis

100, though?

Originally Posted by Al3xis

100, though?

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

laugh.gif

COSIGN again

physically the game has changed, but it did get softer. cause when you look at the skill level of all the players and compare that to the '90s you can see that they were better. there are exceptions of course, kobe, bron, durant, wade, melo, but other than that the rest of the nba would not be successful in the '90s

Originally Posted by AJIIIpLATINum

laugh.gif

COSIGN again

You answered your own question.

Does it really matter if the players are stronger when the current game of basketball is essentially no-touching or even incidental contact at any time. 

Back
Top Bottom