Jordan Team 1 retro 2014

View media item 887856
My OGs before i threw em out lol

The Team 1s were nice, I fell for those 2s that sucked with that JORDAN across the midsole. WEAK!

fortunate enough to have parents to buy me Jordans in high school, but not fortunate enough to ask them for diff colorways of the same shoe, that was unheard of back then unless you were spoiled as a kid/teen. I already got as we all come to call now, "he got game 13s", so when flints came out had to pass due to the aforementioned. I always try to cop like a blue colorway. so when those came out above, I got em. But i really always wanted these black pair.

Now the opportunity is here, I can't pull the trigger.

Just urious, those copping these, interested in them, or even know about these, safe to say we're all over 25+ in age?

lol thats what i thought, 31 here.

hopefully no hype and i can get these cheaper than with the $20 off :tongue:

turning 33.. got the black and white ones as a bday gift for one of my good friends who had the OGs in high school and went on to wear them for like 10 years lol... disappointed to hear the leather is lacking on these, hopefully the nostalgia is good enough

Back when these dropped, If I recall correctly, JB only fitted Cal, Cincy, NC A&T and St. Johns.
At least i THINK those were the first 4 schools JB took care of.
My memory isn't what it once was.
nerd.gif
you are correct.. it makes it easier to recall since they had jordan branding on their jerseys too if i remember correctly.

The materials used are, synthetic leather upper, Phylon and dual zoom - heel and forefoot. I think even the OG's had the sam synthetic upper as well.

Just turned 31, had the OG Carolina's. Messed them up after the first wear trying to clean them with the footlocker shoe cleaner and plastic brush. I need another pair of these for sentimental value purposes.

The materials used are, synthetic leather upper, Phylon and dual zoom - heel and forefoot. I think even the OG's had the sam synthetic upper as well.
you sure the upper was synthetic on the OGs? I remember the upper being pretty thick back in the day and looking/feeling/smelling like real leather.. hmm  maybe not. 

turning 33.. got the black and white ones as a bday gift for one of my good friends who had the OGs in high school and went on to wear them for like 10 years lol... disappointed to hear the leather is lacking on these, hopefully the nostalgia is good enough
JB did a really nice job with the retro itself. The look of the shoe is on point and it really has the appearance of the originals.  I was just really disappointed when I put them on and then really inspected them. For nostalgia purposes they are great and I am glad that they decided to bring this model back. From a materials standpoint I feel like they really took the cheap way out and made a shoe less than it could have and should have been.

yeah, i had the og black and white ones and i don't remember it being some great leather.. but the again i just wore them and wasn't really worried about the build as much back then 

JB did a really nice job with the retro itself. The look of the shoe is on point and it really has the appearance of the originals.  I was just really disappointed when I put them on and then really inspected them. For nostalgia purposes they are great and I am glad that they decided to bring this model back. From a materials standpoint I feel like they really took the cheap way out and made a shoe less than it could have and should have been.
well if they aren't going to put quality materials on the numbered retros, they wouldn't have any particular reason to put it on these 
indifferent.gif

yeah, i had the og black and white ones and i don't remember it being some great leather.. but the again i just wore them and wasn't really worried about the build as much back then 
i didn't own a OG pair myself in high school, but all my teammates had em and always talked about how comfortable and nice they were to play in.. i guess based off that memory i assumed the materials on these were top notch in 98... 

Last edited:

well if they aren't going to put quality materials on the numbered retros, they wouldn't have any particular reason to put it on these 
indifferent.gif
I guess we didn't really have to think about how good the materials were from release to release in 98. From what I remember, even if the leather wasn't "thicker" it at least molded/conformed to your foot well and could hold up outdoors or indoors. I'm sure these Team 1's would be fine to wear, I just don't think they are worth the asking price (unless you can stack some coupons 
happy.gif
). I showed them to a few friends of mine who either owned them or played with someone who owned the originals and the response was basically "those are horse****".

I guess we didn't really have to think about how good the materials were from release to release in 98. From what I remember, even if the leather wasn't "thicker" it at least molded/conformed to your foot well and could hold up outdoors or indoors. I'm sure these Team 1's would be fine to wear, I just don't think they are worth the asking price (unless you can stack some coupons 
happy.gif
). I showed them to a few friends of mine who either owned them or played with someone who owned the originals and the response was basically "those are horse****".
yeah i'll see what my buddies' reaction is when i give him these for his bday.. he'll probably say they are "horse ****" too lol 

yeah i'll see what my buddies' reaction is when i give him these for his bday.. he'll probably say they are "horse ****" too lol 
I hope not. Hopefully he is glad to see them again after all these years! I was too.  I just felt ripped off, but that is my own fault for buying them without seeing them first.

I hope not. Hopefully he is glad to see them again after all these years! I was too.  I just felt ripped off, but that is my own fault for buying them without seeing them first.
he's not too much into basketball shoes anymore, so he probably won't even remember what the quality was like back then haha.. sorry you feel ripped off, hopefully you at least used the 20 off code like most here, i did as well.. that's why i bought em online instead of in store

Back
Top Bottom