Just bought a Dog VOL. SHIBA INU

I want one but are they good for apartments?

If not, what dogs would you guys recommend for apartments? I don't want no paris hilton type %*%# neither.

your dog is dope OP

just about any dog is good for apartments as long as you take them out for walks/release their energy.

just about any dog is good for apartments as long as you take them out for walks/release their energy.

yeah, theyre great for apartments apparently.

Crate training: ive been reading alot of articles and videos on crate training... my guy doesnt scream or cry as he would before when i put him in the crate. when i take him out of the crate to go potty he goes. He seems to like his crate now as hes in and out just hanging.

My question for you dog owners is that how do i know hes house trained? like i dont see how hes going to tell me when hes running arnd the house that he has to go.

yeah, theyre great for apartments apparently.

Crate training: ive been reading alot of articles and videos on crate training... my guy doesnt scream or cry as he would before when i put him in the crate. when i take him out of the crate to go potty he goes. He seems to like his crate now as hes in and out just hanging.

My question for you dog owners is that how do i know hes house trained? like i dont see how hes going to tell me when hes running arnd the house that he has to go.

Originally Posted by Jordan Novice

I love their eyes 
embarassed.gif

i love your eyes. 
embarassed.gif

Originally Posted by The Natural Mystic

If not, what dogs would you guys recommend for apartments? I don't want no paris hilton type %*%# neither.

your dog is dope OP

Get a pomeranian. Even though they're purse dogs, I have one which looks like a bear/wolf hybrid. Bridges love him too.

your dog is dope OP

Get a pomeranian. Even though they're purse dogs, I have one which looks like a bear/wolf hybrid. Bridges love him too.

my dog is a shaiba inu, took few week to crate train. make sure you sign up for petsmart dog training when he old enough!!!!!! ALso take ur dog to dog parks alot get him socialize, shiba inu are bad dogs if your a bad owner!!!! You want your dog socialized!!!!

my shiba inu in out burger test!!!

my dog is a shaiba inu, took few week to crate train. make sure you sign up for petsmart dog training when he old enough!!!!!! ALso take ur dog to dog parks alot get him socialize, shiba inu are bad dogs if your a bad owner!!!! You want your dog socialized!!!!

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

your dog is dope OP

pics?
im looking for a med/small dog myself..

narrowed it down to a Boston terrier & a Beagle..

that mix sounds interesting though. 

Originally Posted by Frank Mucus

your dog is dope OP

pics?
im looking for a med/small dog myself..

narrowed it down to a Boston terrier & a Beagle..

that mix sounds interesting though. 

Originally Posted by Djhyper66

yeah, he doesnt have all the needed shots yet so once he does hes going to be roughing up with alot of dogs.. hes been meeting alot of peopel though so thats good.
What does your dog do when he needs to go potty/how did you get him housetrained? 

ive been crating him and then taking him out every 1.5hours or so and if he goes i give him a treat and let him play outside of the crate for a while then back in the crate...but im not sure when ill know or hell know that hes good to go potty outside and will let me know.

Originally Posted by Djhyper66

yeah, he doesnt have all the needed shots yet so once he does hes going to be roughing up with alot of dogs.. hes been meeting alot of peopel though so thats good.
What does your dog do when he needs to go potty/how did you get him housetrained? 

ive been crating him and then taking him out every 1.5hours or so and if he goes i give him a treat and let him play outside of the crate for a while then back in the crate...but im not sure when ill know or hell know that hes good to go potty outside and will let me know.

Originally Posted by theHBkid

I have a pit, but I'm sure it's a similar process.  Keep doing what your doing, when he does his business outside give him a little praise like a treat and say "good boy."  But if/when he does his business in the house then you have to discipline him.  He'll catch on overtime, my dog walks to me then walks to the back door when she has to go.  Btw, pics of the dog in the R8
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by theHBkid

I have a pit, but I'm sure it's a similar process.  Keep doing what your doing, when he does his business outside give him a little praise like a treat and say "good boy."  But if/when he does his business in the house then you have to discipline him.  He'll catch on overtime, my dog walks to me then walks to the back door when she has to go.  Btw, pics of the dog in the R8
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

I guess I got extremely lucky he never went to the bathroom inside the crate during the night, not even once.
Dogs wont use the bathroom where they sleep. My dog also has never wasted when she's slept in here dog cage.

Originally Posted by Buttons McBoomBoom

I guess I got extremely lucky he never went to the bathroom inside the crate during the night, not even once.
Dogs wont use the bathroom where they sleep. My dog also has never wasted when she's slept in here dog cage.

For all of you asking for dogs that are good in apartments I highly suggest you look into getting a Corgi. Very friendly dogs and are well known for being partner dogs. There size/energy is perfect for the apartment life IMO.

For all of you asking for dogs that are good in apartments I highly suggest you look into getting a Corgi. Very friendly dogs and are well known for being partner dogs. There size/energy is perfect for the apartment life IMO.

to clarify u were psuedo right about putting the dog on its back ocassionally... during playtime or when u give him sumthin good to eat jus pin him down on its back for about 30 seconds... he will spaz at first then go completely limp... its a sign of submission and that you are the leader of the "pack"

do it a few times maybe 3-4 the first month then when hes old/smart enough to know better do it sum. eventually hell love u scratching and his stomach and be ALOT more obedient now that youve asserted yourself as the "top dog"

to clarify u were psuedo right about putting the dog on its back ocassionally... during playtime or when u give him sumthin good to eat jus pin him down on its back for about 30 seconds... he will spaz at first then go completely limp... its a sign of submission and that you are the leader of the "pack"

do it a few times maybe 3-4 the first month then when hes old/smart enough to know better do it sum. eventually hell love u scratching and his stomach and be ALOT more obedient now that youve asserted yourself as the "top dog"

Back
Top Bottom