KEVIN GATES is the future and the hardest rapper in years

Gates never generated buzz at least out here. To this day only dude I've heard mention his name or bump his music went to school in Louisiana.

None of his projects are ever anticipated.

He just puts out fire music.

I don't get tired got play on Atlanta radio back in May. I heard it a few times in 4 days, so I'm assuming it was in the "rotation". I would assume that was the peak of his buzz.

I really only listen to gates :rolleyes guess I am in the minority ... The dude can really spit. He got a helluva story to tell too ...

where did this dudes buzz go? I thought IDGT would take him to the next level.

I'm convinced that some people think that if an artist doesn't have a 1000+ page thread on NT then they have no buzz.

Gates been steady laying the ground work for a strong debut all last year. Son just got back from Europe off the International leg of the Islah tour. Which came after the IDGT tour. He's literally been touring all year. And you don't gotta take my word for it but many of those shows was sold out. The Gates love is real and his fans are loyal, you can tell because we stuck with dude through all his ********. Why? Because son puts out great music and has great shows.

#BWA #IDGT #ISLAH #jan29th

Last edited:

where did this dudes buzz go? I thought IDGT would take him to the next level.
I'm convinced that some people think that if an artist doesn't have a 1000+ page thread on NT then they have no buzz.
It has nothing to do with that. It's about a general lack of awareness among casual and mainstream rap fans.  I just never hear or see his name anywhere. On the west coast Gates has no "buzz" which is kind of strange considering how good and consistent he is plus for years we've supported Louisiana rappers heavy. 

Last edited:
It has nothing to do with that. It's about a general lack of awareness among casual and mainstream rap fans.  I just never hear or see his name anywhere. On the west coast Gates has no "buzz" which is kind of strange considering how good and consistent he is plus for years we've supported Louisiana rappers heavy. 

So what is it you expect to see that shows an artist is buzzing?

Just seen a pic if him with the Breakfast Club. Guess a new interview is coming.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to the album..Need dudes like Kevin Gates and Dave East to win..

Last edited:
Album is fire. Love the emotion as always. I think some of the production on LBS2 shines a lil brighter but this joint is really really good front to back no skips. 

Pretty good album. Hard For is awkward to listen to as a straight man :lol:

Off-topic question:. Remember when dude said he had two kids a week apart? What happened to that? :lol: Did nobody catch on to the fact that second child just disappeared?

Pretty good album. Hard For is awkward to listen to as a straight man :lol:

Off-topic question:. Remember when dude said he had two kids a week apart? What happened to that? :lol: Did nobody catch on to the fact that second child just disappeared?

He still talk about his lil boy and lil girl! Just talked about them in his new breakfast club video.

Not The Only One
Pride
2 Phones
Hard For
Excuse Me
Ain't Too Hard
I Love It

Hardest tracks off the album.

Back
Top Bottom