Kevin Love is the best power forward in the NBA vol. 2

I would still take Serge over Love. Also in today's NBA people are rotating positions so much you could say Love is a center and LeBron is a PF. Yes I know that isn't their natural positions

The thing is we know why the weird discrepancy between Love's point/rb stats and the team's record exists.  It's because he's one of the worst rim protectors in the league, he will shift out of the way of drivers to box out for rebounds, and the numbers bear that out.

I believe he and Pekovic actually have the worst defensive % at the rim in the entire NBA.
Yes sir this is 100% true. Those two guys give up an extraordinary amount of baskets at the rim.

I also think he can become at the very least an average defender if placed in the right situation.

BG and LMA I can see but Ibaka? No No way I I would take him over Love. I don't think he possess the skillset to dominate on offense the way Love does.

The thing is we know why the weird discrepancy between Love's point/rb stats and the team's record exists.  It's because he's one of the worst rim protectors in the league, he will shift out of the way of drivers to box out for rebounds, and the numbers bear that out.

I believe he and Pekovic actually have the worst defensive % at the rim in the entire NBA.
Yes sir this is 100% true. Those two guys give up an extraordinary amount of baskets at the rim.

I also think he can become at the very least an average defender if placed in the right situation.

BG and LMA I can see but Ibaka? No No way I I would take him over Love. I don't think he possess the skillset to dominate on offense the way Love does.

great thing offense is only 50% of the game. Ibaka shoots a better % and changes the game defensively.
You can't tell me Love would put up those same numbers on the Thunder

Last edited:

great thing offense is only 50% of the game. Ibaka shoots a better % and changes the game defensively.
Love would also shoot a higher percentage if he was on the Thunder. He would get much better looks than the ones he gets now.

He wouldn't get the same numbers but he would be a much larger offensive threat than Ibaka.

Love would also shoot a higher percentage if he was on the Thunder. He would get much better looks than the ones he gets now.

He wouldn't get the same numbers but he would be a much larger offensive threat than Ibaka.

I think most people would agree if they were building a franchise they would take the elite defensive player thats still above average on offense over the great offensive player but mediocre at best on defense

I want to see him play with a PG that can actually command opponent's respect from beyond 10 feet before judigng his team record

I think most people would agree if they were building a franchise they would take the elite defensive player thats still above average on offense over the great offensive player but mediocre at best on defense

I know there is no way of proving either side, but I think you are out of your damn mind. No GM would choose Ibaka over Love. Not a one.

Ibaka is not better than Love, let's be serious. 
laugh.gif

But LeBron is essentially a PF at this point so this is all kind of irrelevant.

Finally got past that 9 assist barrier. Needed it too I'm in fantasy playoffs and the is kind of close.

In February:

34 PPG

14 RPG

4 APG

But he cant take over a game like Griffin can. 
laugh.gif

"Since Jan. 03, the date of Paul's injury, Griffin has averaged 28.2 points per game on 56.8 percent shooting."

How would Kelvin Love do without his starting PG?

Back
Top Bottom