Kill Him, Or Let Him Live?

Originally Posted by s dubl

Put a hanger on the stove for like a half hour.......
pimp.gif

roll.gif

i just watched it again for the first time in a long time. i now feel that if he DIDN'T kill him then dude won. pitt's whole problem was pride (i know that's chick who got her nose cut off but pitt was proud too, thats why i think john doe always told him how much he admired him in a half truthful half mocking way.). if his pride was so strong that he would rather let justice take action than take matters into his own hands in order to be able to say that john doe didn't "win" then he is proving him right. shooting him was him relinquishing his pride and showing that he is weak and accepted it...

that's my analysis.

i just watched it again for the first time in a long time. i now feel that if he DIDN'T kill him then dude won. pitt's whole problem was pride (i know that's chick who got her nose cut off but pitt was proud too, thats why i think john doe always told him how much he admired him in a half truthful half mocking way.). if his pride was so strong that he would rather let justice take action than take matters into his own hands in order to be able to say that john doe didn't "win" then he is proving him right. shooting him was him relinquishing his pride and showing that he is weak and accepted it...

that's my analysis.

^ Nice spin on it...

...Pitt's character was kind of a douche to be honest - some young kid that's wet behind the ears and has more opinions than experience, but at his core, he's a family man with a positive outlook on life (that is until "it" happens).

http://www.youtube.com/wa...gxpVyt6Y&feature=related

When Doe is giving his monologue, you almost side with him - ironically, it's Pitt's character that brings you back to reality ("You're no messiah - you're a 'movie of the week.' You're a @@*!%%! T-shirt, at best''...

...this is my favorite scene:

^ Nice spin on it...

...Pitt's character was kind of a douche to be honest - some young kid that's wet behind the ears and has more opinions than experience, but at his core, he's a family man with a positive outlook on life (that is until "it" happens).

http://www.youtube.com/wa...gxpVyt6Y&feature=related

When Doe is giving his monologue, you almost side with him - ironically, it's Pitt's character that brings you back to reality ("You're no messiah - you're a 'movie of the week.' You're a @@*!%%! T-shirt, at best''...

...this is my favorite scene:

I'd shoot him in the joints of his limbs... Let him suffer and rot in jail..

..if I had the composure.

David Fincher is a great director. Y'all should watch "The Game" too if you haven't.

I'd shoot him in the joints of his limbs... Let him suffer and rot in jail..

..if I had the composure.

David Fincher is a great director. Y'all should watch "The Game" too if you haven't.

Originally Posted by JuJu

that's my analysis.
pitt represented rage

Originally Posted by JuJu

that's my analysis.
pitt represented rage

Back
Top Bottom