Korryn Gaines, Cradling Child and Shotgun, is Fatally Shot By Police

Who said she had a shotgun on her at the time of entry?

The officers?

Were there any other witnesses inside the apartment?

It's just really easy for me & my coworkers to execute you and say whatever afterwards if nobody saw us.

"She was sitting on the floor. The weapon was on her lap beside her. She didn’t fire until they fired on her," aunt Shannon Gaines said.

Link

Everything I've seen comes off as her using her kid as some form of leverage, she antagonized what was a very patient cop in the traffic stop, where she was WRONG....she then threatened the 3 cops that cake with the warrant and let off shotgun shots, she also made an IG post during the confrontation asking her damn 5 year old what he wanted to do to the cops....cmon son...this girl wasn't right in the head man....even her moms wanted her to seek help, what I think the cops should have done, was call a hostage negotiator....not swat....she had her kid hostage and that kids life was priority

The officers?

It's just really easy for me & my coworkers to execute you and say whatever afterwards if nobody saw us.

"She was sitting on the floor. The weapon was on her lap beside her. She didn’t fire until they fired on her," aunt Shannon Gaines said.

Link
So were they in the apartment or did they just read reports like us?

That link doesn't specify.

I mean I feel bad for anyone who loses life so soon.

Especially her family.

Tragic avoidable situation.
Pretty much.

Also, if the police had a warrant...and they heard her in the apartment NOT willing to comply with opening the door. Does it really matter if they kicked it in or not?

Goes back to what KK said about this being an avoidable situation.

*edit*

Link
Very tragic indeed.. very avoidable at the same time. I don't know why she thought that be okay. I read she had some mental issues though. 

JJs07 I don't think it would matter .

Tragedy indeed. May God rest her soul and bless her family and loved ones in this time of need.

People need to stop hiding behind these ******* guns. They lose their rational morals.smh.

The officers?

Link

Thanks champ. Most of these dudes won't believe anything unless they see it up close and personal for themselves.....and even then they will close their eyes just to avoid the truth.

I'm all for highlighting stories that show and prove injustices against our people to expose the truth. That being said this story and this situation simply isn't one of them. We have to charge this one to the game and keep it moving.

This is almost as bad as folks trying to side with that young black male that committeed burglary that got shot in the process and died in Florida a few months ago. In that case, that ***** had it coming and so did this chick in this situation. WE have to get off that notion of trying to justify stupidity in our community. That has to end.

The officers?

yeah you're right. really have to look at everything as a whole.

Everything I've seen comes off as her using her kid as some form of leverage, she antagonized what was a very patient cop in the traffic stop, where she was WRONG....she then threatened the 3 cops that cake with the warrant and let off shotgun shots, she also made an IG post during the confrontation asking her damn 5 year old what he wanted to do to the cops....cmon son...this girl wasn't right in the head man....even her moms wanted her to seek help, what I think the cops should have done, was call a hostage negotiator....not swat....she had her kid hostage and that kids life was priority
Repped

She can be clearly on the wrong but also the cops for how they handled the situation. If you got a mentally ill person with kids as hostages you go about things a different way

Last edited:
The police shot first.

Into an apartment they knew contained a child.

This is injustice.

Why did she receive an on the spot death sentence for traffic tickets and resisting arrest but a white man can slaughter people in a church or movie theater and see his day in court?

The loss of black life means nothing in this country, people turn a blind eye to it as normal, just like children being bombed in the middle east.

The police shot first.

Into an apartment they knew contained a child.

This is injustice.

Why did she receive an on the spot death sentence for traffic tickets and resisting arrest but a white man can slaughter people in a church or movie theater and see his day in court?

The loss of black life means nothing in this country, people turn a blind eye to it as normal, just like children being bombed in the middle east.

This is tricky b/c the cops can say "she had a weapon and they feared for the child's life"

Sad story because her death will go down in vain. Moral of it all, pick your battles carefully.

The officers?

Link

Thanks champ. Most of these dudes won't believe anything unless they see it up close and personal for themselves.....and even then they will close their eyes just to avoid the truth.

I'm all for highlighting stories that show and prove injustices against our people to expose the truth. That being said this story and this situation simply isn't one of them. We have to charge this one to the game and keep it moving.

This is almost as bad as folks trying to side with that young black male that committeed burglary that got shot in the process and died in Florida a few months ago. In that case, that ***** had it coming and so did this chick in this situation. WE have to get off that notion of trying to justify stupidity in our community. That has to end.

And, again, I ask was the aunt actually in the apartment or did she just read (police) reports like us?

The article doesn't specify.

Last edited:
they feared for the childs life?

they shot the child

There is no proof of that.

It’s not exactly clear what happened during that hours-long standoff. Police have not said, for one, whether it was Gaines — a 23-year-old black woman who was allegedly carrying a shotgun — or the officers who shot the 5-year-old during a shootout.

Link

You're really trying here, H2H...

Last edited:
 “Perceiving not only her actions, but the words she used, we discharged one round at her, in turn she fired several rounds back at us,” Police Chief Jim Johnson said during a news conference  on Monday night. “We fired again at her, striking and killing her. Tragically in this circumstance, the child that was also in the dwelling was struck by a round.”
she had a shotgun so obviously she aint shoot her own son

“Perceiving not only her actions, but the words she used, we discharged one round at her, in turn she fired several rounds back at us,” Police Chief Jim Johnson said during a news conference
 on Monday night. “We fired again at her, striking and killing her. Tragically in this circumstance, the child that was also in the dwelling was struck by a round.”

she had a shotgun so obviously she aint shoot her own son

You know what crossfire is?

You're stating an opinion like it's a fact.

I don't know, and neither do you.

Stop playing this game.

Police had an arrest warrant, but she's sitting there holding a shotgun as they're entering? Not to mention she threatened to kill the cops....How would anyone think that this would end well?

From what I've been reading this is absolutely NOT in any way a parallel to Sterling/Castle.

I have a few black chicks in my feeds complaining about how black men aren't sticking up for her, and how we all are wack for it.

Basically implying that if it was a dude, we would be up in arms.

Some black chicks out here stay trying to tear the community apart with the nitpicking at black dudes. smh.

That's that feminism mindset. It's warranted in some cases, but not in this one. No black man denounced Sandra Bland or other who died at the hands of police or anyone else to no fault of their own.

I'm taking the police report w/ a grain of salt because we know how that wall of silence is. But from the surface, shorty had some inner demons she was battling w/ and it sucks that they won.

But yea, who said she had the shotgun?

they feared for the childs life?

they shot the child

It's damn near comical at this point.

The people paid to protect and serve initiated a shootout with a child present, but lets talk about what the mother did wrong :rolleyes

Last edited:
its disgusting the mental gymnastics ppl will go thru

and for dude saying theres no evidence you tryna tell me police spray her down in a hail of bullets but you think SHE shot her own son?

when they clearly say he was hit by of their rounds even

just disgusting

Seen all her vids she posted couple days ago. Shawty had a death wish. Knowing your rights is one thing. Expecting them to be honored is another.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom