KYRIE 2 NIKEID THREAD

@Maximilian Woah those Game 7's are straight fire. Is that a custom paint job on the midsole, tongue/heel logo and gold speckled outsole?

@ RaptorsUndefeated: thanks, yes it is a custom, which I made myself. On Nike ID I tried to go as close as possible to the actual Game 7 shoes.Once I received them, I first looked for a golden paint that was as close as possible colorwise to the gold that was already on the shoe.

First I painted the midsoles gold. The most complicated work was actually covering the whole shoe with paper and tape except for the midsole part. Then I painted the NIke logo and the KI logo black and finally I added the gold speckles to the outsole.

On the tongue I customized "Game 7" and "61916" on Nike ID

@ RaptorsUndefeated: thanks, yes it is a custom, which I made myself. On Nike ID I tried to go as close as possible to the actual Game 7 shoes.Once I received them, I first looked for a golden paint that was as close as possible colorwise to the gold that was already on the shoe.

First I painted the midsoles gold. The most complicated work was actually covering the whole shoe with paper and tape except for the midsole part. Then I painted the NIke logo and the KI logo black and finally I added the gold speckles to the outsole.

On the tongue I customized "Game 7" and "61916" on Nike ID

Appreciate the response. Which metallic gold paint did you use for the midsole and gold speckles on the outsole? I might try it myself. Saw Angelus selling the metallic gold paint...

Thanks, took me about 2 weeks of my free time with paint selection etc. to get everything done the way I wanted it!
Great finish, even got the gold flakes on the sole - GJ!
smokin.gif

Quick question guys for anyone who ordered an id when they were at discount...did you receive the status update emails...I ordered over two weeks ago and have not received any update except that my order was confirmed. Should I just call Nike?
Same here.  But with my last 2-3 iD's I have made, Nike would not send me any updates until they were basically shipped.  I recently did some AM90 iD's and basically got my order confirmation and 3 1/2 weeks later got my shipping e-mail.  Got kind of used to it now, lol.  You'll get them.

Great finish, even got the gold flakes on the sole - GJ! :smokin

Thanks man, I am very happy with the outcome as well, might do another game 7 ID and a game 3 ID on Nike and then I will do the neccessary modifications once I will get them!

Appreciate the response. Which metallic gold paint did you use for the midsole and gold speckles on the outsole? I might try it myself. Saw Angelus selling the metallic gold paint...

I went to a paint supplier and got a custom color mixing, since I had to make sure that the gold would cover the black midsole completly. The most important thing is that the gold covers the previous color 100%!

It's the truth. Ive had several IDs remade bc of the bad quality... I've seen my shoes in all parts of Asia too. I feel sorry for all the Nike factory workers there. They work in the craziest environments, and the pay is little 2 nothing... if they made them in the USA, we would be paying way more

Back
Top Bottom