LeBron- 51 pts, 9 ast, 8 rebs.

Shoulda put this in the MVP thread
laugh.gif

its funny ppl dont realize what he does. 50 points barely missing a triple double. jeesh

Jehlers02:
its funny ppl dont realize what he does. 50 points barely missing a triple double. jeesh
Why are you saying that people don't realize what he did? Because people are saying that he won't get MVP?

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

Jehlers02:
Why are you saying that people don't realize what he did? Because people are saying that he won't get MVP?

that and when kobe drops 40+ its suddenly 10 times more amazing but when lebron does it its just good game plus 9 assts 8 rebounds. which ppl forget aboutits dam near a triple double. ik he didnt get one but 50-10-10 in one game would amaze me. he was 1 ast short and 2 rebounds. idk maybe its just me. this iswhy hes by far my favorite player

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Jehlers02:

that and when kobe drops 40+ its suddenly 10 times more amazing but when lebron does it its just good game plus 9 assts 8 rebounds. which ppl forget about its dam near a triple double. ik he didnt get one but 50-10-10 in one game would amaze me. he was 1 ast short and 2 rebounds. idk maybe its just me. this is why hes by far my favorite player

that's because there's a lot more Lakers/KB fans on NT than LeBron fans

^I don't remember Kobe having his a topic for just his statline
laugh.gif
I guess it's cause Kobe does it like it's nothing and we are used to it, butLeBroom on the other hand does it once in an orange moon. So if Kobe drops 60 pts vs. the Suns on Thursday, it'll be in the game thread. LeBroom'sriders however, will devote a special topic almost every time he has a triple double, or scores 20+ in a quarter, Bean does this frequently.

Jehlers02:
me
Why are you saying that people don't realize what he did? Because people are saying that he won't get MVP
Jehlers02:
that and when kobe drops 40+ its suddenly 10 times more amazing but when lebron does it its just good game plus 9 assts 8 rebounds. which ppl forget about its dam near a triple double. ik he didnt get one but 50-10-10 in one game would amaze me. he was 1 ast short and 2 rebounds. idk maybe its just me. this is why hes by far my favorite player

There's something you're not understanding, though: there is a reason it is in LeBron's Nike contract that if he goes to CHI, L.A., orN.Y., Nike will double his contract. The reason Nike has that in there is because they know that if he goes to those cities, he will... WILL... draw moreattention, more praise, and (for Nike) more money.

The reason more people talk about Kobe's 40 instead of LeBron's 50 is NOT because Kobe's 40 is more impressive. The reason people talk aboutKobe's 40 more is because any star player getting 40 for the Lakers IS GOING to draw more attention than a star player getting 50 in CLE.

Nike knows that, but it doesn't seem like you do.

And I have a feeling that you might think this is just my opinion, but it's not. It's a fact. That's exactly why it's in LeBron's Nikecontract. I'm telling you, if LeBron was a Laker and dropped 40 and Kobe was a Cav and dropped 50, you'd be complaining about why Kobe isn'tgetting any attention, and the answer would be the same; L.A. has more pull, so any star that does anything in LA is going to draw more attention than a stargoing off in CLE.

Originally Posted by BullsRepeat3Peat

Originally Posted by Jehlers02

Jehlers02:

that's because there's a lot more Lakers/KB fans on NT than LeBron fans

That because MJ lovers like yourself hate on Kobe and view Lebron like he can do no wrong.

^ There's something you're not understanding, though: there is a reason it is in LeBron's Nike contract that if he goes to CHI, LA, or NY, Nike will double his contract. The reason Nike has that in there is because they know that if he goes to those cities, he will... WILL... draw more attention, more praise, and (for Nike) more money.

The reaosn more people talk about Kobe's 40 instead of LeBron's 50 is NOT because Kobe's 40 is more impressive. The reason people talk about kobe's 40 more is because any sstar player getting 40 for the Lakers IS GOING to draw more attention than a star player getting 50 in CLE.

Nike knows that, but it doesn't seem like you do.

And I have a feeling that you might think this is just my opinion, but it's not. It's a fact. That's exactly why it's in LeBron's Nike contract. I'm telling you, if LeBron was a Laker and dropped 40 and Kobe was a Cav and dropped 50, you'd be complaning about why Kobe isn't getting any attention, and the answer would be the same; LA has more pull, so any star that anything in LA is going to draw more attention than a star going off in CLE.

ya that just adds to my point...... I used NT as an example.... I'm assuming that there are also more Lakers fans than Cavaliers fans since Los Angeles isa bigger market and a more historic franchise....

laugh.gif
I guess it's cause Kobe does it like it's nothing and we are used to it, but LeBroom on the other hand does it once in an orange moon. So if Kobe drops 60 pts vs. the Suns on Thursday, it'll be in the game thread. LeBroom's riders however, will devote a special topic almost every time he has a triple double, or scores 20+ in a quarter, Bean does this frequently.

ya well LeBron fans aren't used these stats......... But in general what makes someone a "rider?" I'm wondering because I've seen many Kobe riders.... Just wondering... I'm a fan of both players but KB's my favorite player today in theNBA....

That because MJ lovers like yourself hate on Kobe and view Lebron like he can do no wrong.

who are you my father?
laugh.gif
No need to make assumptions about me. Like I said above KB is my favorite player in the league today but some of his fans hype himup too much to the point of insanity
indifferent.gif

lebron says anything kobe can do, i can do better. we might want to ask him if he can avg 50 if he takes 44 shots a game.
I guess it's cause Kobe does it like it's nothing and we are used to it, but LeBroom on the other hand does it once in an orange moon.
fall back now.
there's no way kobe can drop 50 and close to a triple double at the same time.

Originally Posted by bobby24K

laugh.gif
I guess it's cause Kobe does it like it's nothing and we are used to it, but LeBroom on the other hand does it once in an orange moon. So if Kobe drops 60 pts vs. the Suns on Thursday, it'll be in the game thread. LeBroom's riders however, will devote a special topic almost every time he has a triple double, or scores 20+ in a quarter, Bean does this frequently.
It aint just the points cuzzo. LeBron's impacting the ENTIRE game. Defense, rebounding, passing along with scoring. Mr. Bean doesn't avg. 29, 7& 7 last time I checked. Ever.

For leBron its amazing to watch him play liek this.... came outta HS and has been very consistent with points/assist/rebounds

Originally Posted by JAEGER13

him and kobe imo are prolly the only guys who can score AT WILL.

but he'll also get some boards and dimes too. when kobe scores 40+, u usually see 1s or 2s in those categories, not 7s or 8s

moz-screenshot-4.jpg

[table][tr][th=""]
Mr. Do-It-All​
[/th] [/tr][tr][td]
3704.jpg

King James not only finished with 51 points, he tacked on eight boards and nine dimes. Here are the last five such instances in the NBA: [/td] [/tr][tr][td]
Player​
[/td] [td]
Opponent​
[/td] [td]
Pts-Reb-Ast​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LeBron James (Jan. '08)[/td] [td]Grizzlies[/td] [td]51-8-9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Gilbert Arenas (Dec. '06)[/td] [td]Lakers[/td] [td]60-8-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant (Dec. '06)[/td] [td]Rockets[/td] [td]63-10-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kobe Bryant (Jan. '06)[/td] [td]Clippers[/td] [td]50-8-8[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Michael Jordan (Jan. '89)[/td] [td]Suns[/td] [td]53-14-8[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by bobby24K

laugh.gif
to agree with outacontrol, it's far far more than just the points. 51 points isn't that much to get excited over (these days anyway), but51-9-8 is really impressive (a 50-10-10 would simply be amazing). For me personally, statlines like 39-13-14, 37-12-12, and 32-15-13 (all of which lebron hasposted earlier this season) are much more impressive to me than 50- and 60-point games (with not a whole lot else in the other columns).

And finally, can we just establish once and for all on this board that the MVP is not going to anyone who's not on a #1 or #2 seed in their conference?please? as much as ppl might not like it, that's what it's gonna be.

Originally Posted by nyk buc

Originally Posted by JAEGER13

him and kobe imo are prolly the only guys who can score AT WILL.

but he'll also get some boards and dimes too. when kobe scores 40+, u usually see 1s or 2s in those categories, not 7s or 8s
nyk buc
roll.gif

LeBron played great today, end of story.
He's not deserving of MVP this year though
The fact that LeBron vs. Kobe makes it's way into every thread about them is disturbing though

Back
Top Bottom