LENNY KRAVITZ APPRECIATION vol. Under-appreciated.

To me he is one of the most under-appreciated artists of our time. I know he hasn't put out much if anything lately, but still deserves an appreciation post!
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I hate to do this, but......

Used to work for Virgin, in Miami, where Lenny lives. So I've kicked it with dude several times. VERY cool cat.

We both from NY, and were living in Miami, so we used to talk shop on that. No good pizza. No good Chinese food. When I first moved down there, he used to take me to a few spots.

One funny story-We had just finished doing some interviews and he was like "let's roll to this taco spot". San Loco on South Beach. We hop out the limo and some dude on the street is like "Oh #!$!, it's MAXWELL!".

Dead.....

Best Lenny story-My boss was in LA. He calls me up like "yo, all the heads of EMI around the world are going to Lenny's crib to hear his new album. He told me to bring you along.". So I roll. Hanging out. Mad drinks. Dude had a pinball machine in his crib and I started getting busy on it. I'm talking to my boss, and Lenny comes out the kitchen and rolls up on us with a jar with a lid on it. He takes the lid off and the jar is FULL of fat, pre rolled spliffs.

I look at my boss, he takes one, so I figure it's all good. I take one. Lenny looks at me. Lifts his shades up, looks me in the eye and says "dude, come on".

So I took 2 more. And you know that green was no joke!

Good times. Good dude. My man had some HITS too. And that version of "Again" he did with Outkast was solid IMO.

Lenny live is nuts. We used to rent out studios in Miami where he would do acoustic shows for like 100 people. Mad small. Very cool. Plus the arena sized, full band shows were Ri-Dic-Ulous.

Appreciated.

Lenny is Appreciated.

Damn ill phil you got stories for days. But i dont get how "dude, come on" translates to take more
laugh.gif

If I knew him personally and chopped it up with him like Phil, then I'd probably think he was cool too - but I don't...

...dude sucks.

I'm glad this came up. Can somebody put me on some on his body of work to check out I heard a few tracks of his and I can really dig him ( NH)
pimp.gif

Hoosier boy, you can search youtube, every song he makes is pretty dope, he plays all of his own instruments and writes his owns stuff.

Lenny's music is soulful yet so rock and roll. His music has meaning and has always stayed true to himself and his music.

as far as artist nowadays not many of them stay true to themselves and there music, art form, style, beliefs like this man does.

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Lenny is Appreciated.

Damn ill phil you got stories for days. But i dont get how "dude, come on" translates to take more
laugh.gif

Well, he and I had been down that road before. So I knew exactly what it meant.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom