Los Angeles Rams are coming home thread (1/12)

Rams played in Anaheim Stadium, which was a baseball stadium. A complete dump of a place.

#FireFisher

I can't front, the Rams were my 3rd choice to come home. I grew up a Raiders fan. Fond memories of pops and I going to the coliseum, as a kid. Bo was killin it. When the Raiders left L.A., I just wasn't an Oakland fan...couldn't do it. The Rams playing in the O.C. always left a bad taste in my mouth too. However I always said WHOEVER came to L.A. would get my FULL support. L.A. Rams LET'S GO!!! BTW my cousin is an engineer for the city of Inglewood. He told me like a year ago, "the stadium is coming, no matter what." Also just a couple of weeks ago he said the trains are definitely coming. He's been working O.T. on it the last few weeks.

I've always been real protective of my Rams. It use to kill me when I'd see people jumping on the Rams bandwagon when the Greatest Show on Turf was happening. We went from laughing stock to everyones team it seemed. HATED IT. To me, if you weren't from LA, you couldn't be a Rams fan. Hated seeing St Louis fans celebrating. It was like someone stole that one girl I really loved, flaunting it in my face as the women blossomed into a true beauty.

Well, I'm happy to see a bunch of people coming on board. I told myself if the Rams weren't picked, and the Chargers were, I would become a Chargers fan. Having boys, I needed to have a home team to root for and take them to games. They just couldn't get into the St Louis Rams. Their pro team was the Trojans.

These boys are about to get a crash course in LA Rams history. They are already looking to go to their first game. Almost went to the last game against SF, but i boycotted the season since they lost to the Bears.

Thanks @darthska ! Any of you older cats remember the '84 Olympics too? That was another dope memory of that era. I remember the torch bearer running down Valley. Hopefully we get that bid soon too.

Thanks @darthska ! Any of you older cats remember the '84 Olympics too? That was another dope memory of that era. I remember the torch bearer running down Valley. Hopefully we get that bid soon too.

I don't want that Olympic madness over here, selfishly.

Ron Brown though, 1984 4x100 relay gold medalist and Rams WR. Boy was fast

I feel you Casper. Before my boys went to bed, 7yrs and 8yrs, I told them..."we have an NFL team now!" They lit up. Can't lie gonna be interesting of the Raiders end up making the jump too.

[quote name="the ANTIhype"]Thanks @darthska ! Any of you older cats remember the '84 Olympics too? That was another dope memory of that era. I remember the torch bearer running down Valley. Hopefully we get that bid soon too.[/quote]Damn right I remember the '84 Olympics. :smokin That was the first Olympics I followed front to back. I was in a foster home in Riverside that was suuuuuper into sports, and they watched every event. I thought it was super cool that there were all these events at different hours, all in my backyard. Everywhere we went, those 5 colored rings. And the stick figure guys for each sport. :smokin

Last edited:
[quote name="the ANTIhype"]I feel you Casper. Before my boys went to bed, 7yrs and 8yrs, I told them..."we have an NFL team now!" They lit up.[/quote]"I guess one man's trash
Is the next man's treasure.
One man's pain
Is the next man's pleasure."

I live an hour and a half from STL now, and I haven't broke the news to my son yet. Took him to his first Rams game last month, when we got killed by the Cardinals. He had such a blast, man. Hopefully that memory will be enough. :smokin

Last edited:
They better switch back to the old uniforms.

Fire Fisher while they're at it. It's L.A.... need some offense

yeah, the old uni's are a must. But could Kroenke decide to change it up? Its all about cash.

Looking all over the place for my Isaac Bruce jersey. Gonna have to go to Moms over the weekend and see if its tucked away in her garage.

Keep the old school unis for certain weeks but a newer uniform wouldn't be too bad too. But yeah, can't go wrong with that old color scheme and design. Clean AF

I was waiting for us to get a team. At first i kind of hoped for a new tem like the vikings or the jags. Once that was thrown out i was hoping it would be the Rams for some reason, im just glad to have an NFL team to put my name on. Lets go Rams!

Last edited:
Looks like we get a nice amount of fans here :pimp:

I look forward to bickering with all of you for years to come.

One of the greatest days in my sports fan-related life.

Looks like we get a nice amount of fans here
pimp.gif

I look forward to bickering with all of you for years to come.

One of the greatest days in my sports fan-related life.
It'll be nice cheering for the same team for once 
nthat.gif

I'm going to love the NFL thread come next season. More people to shoot the **** with the Niner and Hawk fans with

I was 3 years old when the Rams left, so I never really knew much about them growing up. I never had a real NFL football team to cheer for growing up, I just had USC. Adopted the Eagles as my team due to the fact that my cousin was a big Randall Cunningham fan so he put me on Eagles football. I've been hearing a lot about the possible moves all season long, and was really hoping to get a home team to cheer for. I did want the Rams to move since I had Gurley on one of my fantasy football teams :smokin . If there is room, you can count me in.

Who are you guys targeting in the draft?

I see Treadwell in mocks and Wentz in others...

Would like to get Treadwell but if hes gone, Wentz wouldn't be TOO bad. They have to hit on both their 2nd round picks though, I'd wait till then to nab a WR

Back
Top Bottom