MAKING A MURDERER | Season 2 on October 19th!

Was Steven Avery set up to take the fall?

• Yes

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
It was already mentioned nothin will happen cuz its not a fed case and the Wisc Supr Crt & some other state party said no.

Do u know what that mean for America if he were to be retried or pardoned... all hell would break loose

Im rewatching this a 2nd time.

Soooo Barb was never called to the stand as a witness for Brendan's trial, at least, to provide a timeline of when her son was with her in her prescence?

After Brendan's confession when they brought him from school, they allowed her to talk to him and basically she was asking him why did he say it when he was with her in the house.

Honestly, yeah the community/county and police had it out for Avery, but Brendan is the one that sealed the deal on SA's fate :smh:

I wonder about his brother Chuck that worked at the business with him. He thinks SA did just doesnt know why he would.

What the hell
My heart felt so heavy when Brendan said he was stupid to his mom :smh:
Also how can a probation for flicker make u move from ur own property and not have contact with ur own husband
Wha the hell
This case is crazy

Brendan attorney so damn scandalous
What the hell the judge ain't even wanna let him change his lawyer

:smh:

I stopped telling people to watch it. Depressing the way they manhandled that family. Glad I don't live in Wisconsin.
Definitely not a reflection on the state of wisco as a whole. Thats just some straight backwoods bs

When people say that how could they frame him etc what goes mostly unmentioned is that I believe Lenk the da and judge? were about to give their depositions from the prior rape case. It was going to ruin their careers, ruin their reputation, put the county into massive debt and line the pockets of SA with enough money that he could build a castle there. They hated him enough to not even honor new evidence when he was previously arrested and knowingly let a human rot in a cell. You dont think they hated him enough to do this? I do. Even if he did kill her (which im not totally convinced) they definetly pushed his guilt and planted evidence. 2 + 2 aint 5 Im not stupid

Last edited:
That video of halbach talking felt so staged and out of place. Where did that recording come from? And who did those kinds of videos? We're talking prior to social media and video on phones.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was alive in Mexico paid off. Or the boyfriend and roommate did it. Who gets on stage and smiles about cracking their girls passcode. And why did they report her missing so late?

Brendan looked SCARY in the last episode. He was HUGE. Looking like a 40 year old.

Last edited:
Finally watched it I'm on episode 7. Seems that community thought very little of the Avery family due to looks, education, occupation. The family is obviously not very smart, just simple people doing them. The cops already had a personal bias and probably took every chance to mess with them specially after the lawsuit that may have caused them their jobs.
Avery's lawyers did an awesome job of presenting doubt and showing opportunity for the county to act improperly. Seemed like the judge had the defense trying to prove innocence instead of the prosecution proving their case.
The part with Brendan was disgusting you can tell he's mentally disabled and was led by the investigators to give the answers they needed. All this show has done is teach me never too talk to cops without representation.

The biggest thing that makes me think it was all set up was the car. these dudes are somehow smart enough to get ALL of her blood out of the house and garage after this alleged brutal murder, to where there is no trace of her AT ALL, but he's just gonna lazily park her car right in his own freakin junkyard? not even use his CAR CRUSHER but just half *** hide it behind a couple twigs and a piece of wood? nah

Another fact that not many people are talking about is before the car was found. the plates were called in by that cop that just so happened to be the cop that put him away for rape. How on earth is this guy calling in plates at 11pm at night. Then on the stand said the car was never in front of him but that someone gave him her plates to run. WHY ON EARTH WOULD THAT NEED TO BE DONE. Avery's lawyer tried to make it clear to the jury that the only reason he would have to run the plates is if the car is right in front of him. That alone proves ihat the car was moved to Avery's property by police. but the jury was clearly bias that they couldnt believe that he would be set up.

This is what happened he found the car abandoned somewhere in town, called it in by scum bag, found out that it was her car. Called his buddy Link and link said check the car, finds her body in the back dead raped. they decide who cares who did it. this is perfect chance to frame that moron Avery. Lets burn her body, leave body parts 20 feet from his door, leave her car on his property, plant Avery's blood in it, plant keys in his bedroom. and if thats not enough to put him away, 4 months later lets leave a bullet with he DNA in his garage that was cleaned of all blood but bullets were left behind.

Last edited:
Another fact that not many people are talking about is before the car was found. the plates were called in by that cop that just so happened to be the cop that put him away for rape.

This is what happened he found the car abandoned somewhere in town, called it in by scum bag, found out that it was her car. Called his buddy Link and link said check the car, finds her body in the back dead raped. they decide who cares who did it. this is perfect chance to frame that moron Avery. Lets burn her body, leave body parts 20 feet from his door, leave her car on his property, plant Avery's blood in it, plant keys in his bedroom. and if thats not enough to put him away, 4 months later lets leave a bullet with he DNA in his garage that was cleaned of all blood but bullets were left behind.

Evryone has talked about the cop running the plates all over this thread. He (Coulburn) also wasnt the cop that "put him away", i believe that cop was Kourcerek (he was head of the dept at the time).

Edit: the sherrif that arrested him in '85 was Petersen, who is now the head guy in the dept during the Halbach case. Kourcerek was head guy over Petersen back in '85 .. Peterswn is the clown that said it would have been easier for them to kill SA instead of framing him.

But nah i doubt they burned her on his property without any of the family knowing. She was killed by someone though, and the police dept just made sure he had enough evidence on his property

That video of halbach talking felt so staged and out of place. Where did that recording come from? And who did those kinds of videos? We're talking prior to social media and video on phones.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was alive in Mexico paid off. Or the boyfriend and roommate did it. Who gets on stage and smiles about cracking their girls passcode. And why did they report her missing so late?

Yeah i also found that video of her weird like who talks about "if i die" at a young age like her ... really

Like i mentioned before, she says in that video how much she loves her sisters. And when they guessed her VM they said how much she loved her sisters, never anything about her brother. I wouldnt eliminate him, the roommate or ex from being suspects. Also there was only 1 woman from her family in court, the mom. I may have saw 1 other which i guess could have been a sis. But anyway they say sister(S) and the family photo only shows 1 other girl besides her

Last edited:

Repped. Ypu did well answering Mac2000's assumptions about the case.

Can someone explain why also when she was stabbed in the garage thenburned and buried, then when was she supposedly was put in the car? Doesn't make sense. Why would she be put in the car? The pit was right behind the garage. The only reason to go in the car and find her blood there is because she was transported somewhere further.

About to watch episode 7. There's too much tampering, corruption, sleaze bags, to find law enforcement or cops trustworthy on this case.

Last edited:
At a certain point we will all have to agree to disagree. If you go back to the earlier pages of this thread, it was discussed whether or not the documentary provided a 1 sided view or not. But what overrides this lies in the actual facts of what happened in the investigation of this case:

Brendan confession won't be touched on again because false confessions is real problem in this country. Let alone a false confession from a child who is clearly mentally challenged.

Fact: The key was not found for 7 days of searching by Calumet PD. Then it miraculously popped up on the 8th day.

Fact: No actual bullet outside of the shell casings was found until FOUR months after the fact. It's not like these places were not searched thoroughly before they were found. They were not there

Fact. Manitokov Country immediately held a press conference removing them lselves from the search and investigation. In both instances the key pieces of evidence were found by Detectives of the County.

Fact: The livense plates of the missing Rav 4 was called in by a Detective days before it was found.

Fact: Brendan never on his provided any detail without Fassbender and the other guy feeding him what occurred. Even the whole Steve popped the trunk to unhook the battery was feed to him by Fassbender.

Fact: Avery's fingerprints are not found in any part of the car but somehow his blood does. So by this revelation we are to believe he whips down the entire car with bleach supposedly except near the ignition. So lets say he did handle the car and got his blood inside it, how did he close the door of the car?

And the major thing is where was her DNA in his garage and our beedroom. I'm sure restraints will be mentioned again but his WOODEN bed posts had no structural damage to them nor was Theresa's DNa found on the ones that were said the be purchased around that time.

If Calumet County were the ones to have found the key pieces of evidence then I'd say this was a near slam dunk case and Avery was likely guilty. But him calling Auto Trader to request her can't be the piece of evidence to say "oh yeah he is guilty."

These are the issues the majority have with the case and why they are skeptical of his guilt. It's not how things were presented in the documentary but what was presented as they occured. The film makers didn't make the County remove themselves from the investigation to then turn up in every major point of it. The film makers didn't tamper with the box holding the blood. The film makers didn't have the lab confirm that they don't poke holes at the top of the vile. You can't blame them for the facts of the case that Katz continuously paraded to the media.

If Lenk and Colburn stayed behind their desks, this documentary and case looks completely different. There's a very good chance there isn't even a 10 part mini series about this to be told because things would not have just popped up as they did.

Repped.

Watch all 10 episodes in 2 nights. Addicting. I've almost just told myself that somehow they did do it, just to keep myself sane and from obsessing.

My heart especially hurts for Brendan. Episode 4 was the most painful to watch. Almost induced tears. I mean, at least Steve had a past history that put the bullseye on him. He was also a grown man with top notch lawyers and could defend himself. Meanwhile, this poor kid was just fed to the wolves and struggled to put complete sentences together. He had no chance from the start.

Michael O'Kelly is a slimeball. That 1 on 1 between him and Brendan was foul. Had my blood boiling. The kid writes a page and a half detailing what he did that day. Times and everything. I was actually happy that he finally had the ability to put the truth on paper. Then what happens? O'Kelly goes to work. "I can't help you with those words you wrote down". Next thing you know, Brendan is drawing pictures of the whole thing. Pictures he probably created purely off movies or books. The second O'Kelly gets what he wants, he's on the phone with Len. Did anybody noticed how he spelled Teresa? "Taresha". He genuinely had the functioning brain of maybe a 2nd grader.

I'm done, man. Getting too worked up, haha. Like I said, for my peace and sanity, I try and convince myself that maybe they did do it. That there's no way the police would put this much time and effort to frame a decent man and his slow nephew.

Last edited:
Ps even Brendan's second lawyers were questionable. How do you agree to leave out the hour and a half of the recording where he's telling his Mother he was guessing and they got to his head?

Last edited:
Nothing noteworthy in that video at all.

not sure if srs?

i think if that evidence from that video was shown in the documentary, we would all look at the case differently.

I just think what the majority of us in this thread gathered mostly from the documentary is that a guilty verdict for first degree was not appropriate considering the inconsistencies and mishandling on the investigation...

There hasn't been too many people in here that said he legit didn't do it.

Back
Top Bottom