Man captures his own shooting while recording video for FaceBook. *WARNING GRAPHIC*

Naw but it's just an example of when we finally get something good like the other side of town we **** it up.

Yet, you disregard everything else I wrote. At the core of my message is an unconventional approach to dealing with this violence. But I'll let you have your moment.

what is the unconventional approach tho?

other than the war between mothers and sons you suggested?

At the end of the day, i don't shoot people because my parents didn't allow me to shoot people or hangout with people who behave that way. They were pretty much prejudice against low income blacks and criminal culture. Then we were fortunate enough to get out of Chicago. Until parents take responsibility for their child's long term success and education the cities efforts will be futile. but the city doesn't care about the parents either... hence gentrification. youth programs don't matter if pops is preaching the same block doctrine that he got growing up and no one is there to raise the kids. Also until drugs are legalized and taxed and regulated, we can keep wondering what drives gang members to shoot each other.

Last edited:
what is the unconventional approach tho?

other than the war between mothers and sons you suggested?

:lol:, I suggested Mother and Son violence? Once again, please comb through my post once again, instead of trying to marginalize my message to something I never said.

At the heart of some of America's most complex crisis are discussions being had reshaping our paradigm about how we see things. My mans suggest us taking back our communities, is it the correct answer? Maybe not, but it does engender discussion as to how we can solve issues that are plaguing our communities today. We think of the Black Panther party and they're pledge towards improving our communities back in the 60's - 70's, at the core of their existence was a comprehensive plan aimed towards social welfare, and polictal empowerment. What were the Black Panther party? An organized Militia, in addition to an unconventional approach to a highly complex problem the time.

...but all you see Mother vs. Son violence.

Last edited:
At the end of the day, i don't shoot people because my parents didn't allow me to shoot people or hangout with people who behave that way. They were pretty much prejudice against low income blacks and criminal culture. Then we were fortunate enough to get out of Chicago

Being poor is not synonymous with people who shoot people..

if you grew up in section 8, then your whole hood was "low income"....

:lol:, I suggested Mother and Son violence? Once again, please comb through my post once again, instead of trying to marginalize my message to something I never said.

At the heart of some of America's most complex crisis are discussions being had reshaping our paradigm about how we see things. My mans suggest us taking back our communities, is it the correct answer? Maybe not, but it does engender discussion as to how we can solve issues that are plaguing our communities today. We think of the Black Panther party and they're pledge towards improving our communities back in the 60's - 70's, at the core of their existence was a comprehensive plan aimed towards social welfare, and polictal empowerment. What were the Black Panther party? An organized Militia, in addition to an unconventional approach to a highly complex problem the time.

...but all you see Mother vs. Son violence.

Who else would form these "militias" in communities composed primarily of single mothers?

You suggested he was right when he suggested fight back thru force who else is going to do the fighting?

You suggest a panther style movement and yet that movement had a strong male influence, ain't no strong male influence for these dudes fam, if there was this **** wouldn't be taking place in the first place.

These dudes dads ain't around or lead them down this path themselves.

Don't suggest some **** and then get mad when someone cites the flaws in your "plan"

The parts of Chicago (never been, so I really don't know) where these murders are happening...do people really not care because it's really confined to a certain part of the city? Is it like Hamsterdam from The Wire?

The reason I ask is that we seem to have the same discussion about this every few weeks and the same points are brought up again and again.

Obviously it's a problem...it's BEEN a problem, but there has to be a reason as to why this continues to go on.

Who else would form these "militias" in communities composed primarily of single mothers?

You suggested he was right when he suggested fight back thru force who else is going to do the fighting?

You suggest a panther style movement and yet that movement had a strong male influence, ain't no strong male influence for these dudes fam, if there was this **** wouldn't be taking place in the first place.

These dudes dads ain't around or lead them down this path themselves.

Don't suggest some **** and then get mad when someone cites the flaws in your "plan"

You cited no flaws, and no ones mad. Humble yourself. You can try to go back and forth with me in attempt to make me out the fool, but it really doesn't get to the root of the issue.

And you're already defeated if you don't think the men in communities can't organize to overcome problems in our own communities. As already cited, this will have to be confronted from several fronts.

Being poor is not synonymous with people who shoot people..

if you grew up in section 8, then your whole hood was "low income"....
I never said it was. I guess i didn't transition smoothly. They didn't let me hang out with gang members AND they didn't like low income folks.... Not necessarily because they were poor or black but because of the  "this is life. this is all we know. why you wanna better yourself? You a sellout.." attitude that comes with it. poor people and poor mindsets will poison your children's future and the community. if white people ever discovered that they don't really hate black people... but that they hate the culture of poverty maybe they would try to be more inclusive rather than exclusive and some problems would get solved. but they'd rather watch bill o'rielly and blame the victims

Some of you really need to go look at the murder rates for Chicago over the past 40 years.

Chicago has always been bad. It just became a talking point and sensationalized in the media and by Republicans. In fact it's a lot better than it was 20 or 30 years ago.
Thank you.  

The parts of Chicago (never been, so I really don't know) where these murders are happening...do people really not care because it's really confined to a certain part of the city? Is it like Hamsterdam from The Wire?

The reason I ask is that we seem to have the same discussion about this every few weeks and the same points are brought up again and again.

Obviously it's a problem...it's BEEN a problem, but there has to be a reason as to why this continues to go on.

I haven't been either but I can imagine, YES these crimes are committed in areas of the city that people could
care less about. Same thing with almost ever city with crazy crime rates (ie.. Baltimore, DC).

First time I've ever saw a goon holding a gun with two hands. Dude is seriously about that murder life. Hopefully the rival gang member pulls through

At what point do you stop pointing fingers at everyone but yourselves? Have some damn self accountability and take control of that **** instead of crying victim.

In a nutshell

- Gentrification
- Redlining
- Poor education
- Lack of opportunities no, just no.
- Inept local government, police...

we've got to stop using these crutches

now, poor education can be fixed by us.

inept police, local gov't we have no control over.

I'm not from Chicago, but anytime you see these things happen again and again in a city, it's the same things.

this is a FACT, and im glad you said this.

its going to take the hood
to save the hood

and expecting the same people that enslaved you, legislated and discriminated against you, to one day *wake up* and have a heart just wont cut it.

Last edited:
You try to help them out the "educational way" and they just see it as a lick. This is why we can't have nice things.

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/l...-in-the-District_Washington-DC-372284321.html

All inside jobs.

born and raised in Illinois.

i was in a school funded program aimed at reaching troubled youth.

they taught us things
talked with us
fed us VERY well at each meeting (twice a week)
went on a few field trips
and PAID us $100 per semester

we get our first checks
what dudes do?
got someone to forge the $100 to $400

they never came back

expecting the same people that enslaved you, legislated and descriminated against you, to one day *wake up* and have a heart just wont cut it.
Like I said in my first post. Parents are the most important part of this equation. Without them.. nothing changes. But what's going to be the catalyst for parental involvement? You need to understand why parents are not engaged. you can't just cross gentrification off the list of reasons we see this happening.

and ill repeat for emphasis what's going to be the catalyst for POSITIVE parental involvement?

we need to first find out why parents are disengaged.

are they there at all? who steps in when they are in jail?

are they in gangs too? who has the means to offer them a way out of that life?

are they strung out? how do we get the children away from that?

do they have an education? are we offering enough teachings for adults about personal finance.. raising healthy and competent children.. citizenship and why laws are important... how tax dollars are spent and how to petition their city to fix things they don't like. how to run a grassroots campaign to raise money and lobby rather than just walk in the street or riot.

the more educated a black person becomes... the more they see the hurdles that were put in their lane. many don't have the heart to step up... jump the hurdles and pass the baton to finish the race.

You cited no flaws, and no ones mad. Humble yourself. You can try to go back and forth with me in attempt to make me out the fool, but it really doesn't get to the root of the issue.

And you're already defeated if you don't think the men in communities can't organize to overcome problems in our own communities. As already cited, this will have to be confronted from several fronts.

You're making yourself out to be a fool with no help from me.

There have to be men present to organize fam, which you keep glossing over.

Men not being involved and present in the community is one of the main causes for the situation.

Back
Top Bottom