Man captures his own shooting while recording video for FaceBook. *WARNING GRAPHIC*

You're making yourself out to be a fool with no help from me.

There have to be men present to organize fam, which you keep glossing over.

Men not being involved and present in the community is one of the main causes for the situation.

this solution black folks keep harping on is flawed.

if true, where are these men supposed to come from?

you cant go to Walmart and buy a man in a jar.

we have to use the resources available to us.

if single mothers and grandparents is all we have to work with? make lemonade.

Last edited:
Like I said in my first post. Parents are the most important part of this equation. Without them.. nothing changes. But what's going to be the catalyst for parental involvement? You need to understand why parents are not engaged. you can't just cross gentrification off the list of reasons we see this happening.

and ill repeat for emphasis what's going to be the catalyst for POSITIVE parental involvement?
we need to first find out why parents are disengaged.

are they there at all? who steps in when they are in jail?

are they in gangs too? who has the means to offer them a way out of that life?

are they strung out? how do we get the children away from that?

do they have an education? are we offering enough teachings for adults about personal finance.. raising healthy and competent children.. citizenship and why laws are important... how tax dollars are spent and how to petition their city to fix things they don't like. how to run a grassroots campaign to raise money and lobby rather than just walk in the street or riot.

the more educated a black person becomes... the more they see the hurdles that were put in their lane. many don't have the heart to step up... jump the hurdles and pass the baton to finish the race.

great.
im glad you feel that way, i didnt quote you, and i agree with most of what you said (education, wealth/finance education, most falling on the parents)

i dont agree with not crossing gentrification off the list

The music and the culture it promotes that drivea this behavior.

And it is drug use that hinders any strong opposing efforts from within the community.

Both are being pushed on the community from outside sources. Its a feedback loop at this point.

In a nutshell

- Gentrification
- Redlining
- Poor education
- Lack of opportunities
- Inept local government, police...

I'm not from Chicago, but anytime you see these things happen again and again in a city, it's the same things.

Facts just like I posted on Facebook and got plenty of thumbs up. These people have been accustomed and raised in pure ignorance. It is actually glorified.
View media item 1975456
Just look at the top comments grammar. It's sad!

View media item 1975457

If Brittany Green there.... is in fact his cousin... what are the odds that he has health insurance paying for that emergency surgery.

also why would you broadcast that someone who needs stores to duck into because of a target on his back... is still alive. dude should disappear

Last edited:
Some of you really need to go look at the murder rates for Chicago over the past 40 years.

Chicago has always been bad. It just became a talking point and sensationalized in the media and by Republicans. In fact it's a lot better than it was 20 or 30 years ago.

At what point do you stop pointing fingers at everyone but yourselves? Have some damn self accountability and take control of that **** instead of crying victim.

And it is drug use that hinders any strong opposing efforts from within the community.

Both are being pushed on the community from outside sources. Its a feedback loop at this point.

The 70's :x :x :x

Don't ever want to hear the "OG's got locked up and they tore the projects down so the violence is like it's never been before" ******** again

At LEAST the shooter got who he was aiming for and the video isn't of an innocent child catching a bullet. Way too many stories on the local news of kids catching random slugs

The 70's :x :x :x

Don't ever want to hear the "OG's got locked up and they tore the projects down so the violence is like it's never been before" ******** again

bruh,
thats one of the biggest hurdles to our progress.

we settle for these anecdotes, these stories that sound good on paper without any real thought behind them.

then when you actually DO look up data its all #WAYMINUTE

most people pinpoint our point of demise to the late late 70's, early 80's crack/gang era, but we were on that road long, LOOOONG before then

for proof, look up and watch the documentary The Savages (1967). last i checked it was available on snag films website and its only an hour long (i think).

pay attention the the parallels between now and then. all you have to do is replace weed for wine and guns for knifes.

same ****, different decade.

plot twist: .....there were FATHERS in the homes then. *gasp*

my theory is if the film was made in 1967 the problem probably existed in the late 50's.

data like this goes unnoticed because we feel more comfortable piggy backing onto lazy thought processes instead of researching on our own

At what point do you stop pointing fingers at everyone but yourselves? Have some damn self accountability and take control of that **** instead of crying victim.
Might as well use the bootstraps buzz phrase on people that can't even afford the boots. 

You have to have the knowledge if you are going to teach others. You act like all these kids have educated parents that just dont care or gave up.

keep believing that lie.

we've seen countless stories of parents that didnt know what to teach their children, but knew enough to know they needed to get their children help in area they couldnt teach them.

poured everything into making sure their children knew better than them, and it payed off in the end

keep believing that lie.

we've seen countless stories of parents that didnt know what to teach their children, but knew enough to know they needed to get their children help in area they couldnt teach them.

poured everything into making sure their children knew better than them, and it payed off in the end

This is spot on.

The music isn't necessarily responsible though.

Look at the stats in here, with higher murder rates in the 70's.

****** will catch you lacking to Teddy Pendergrass or 21 Savage it really don't matter.

This deeper than a rap song. The music just started reflecting what was going on.

Last edited:
The music isn't necessarily responsible though.

Look at the stats in here, with higher murder rates in the 70's.

****** will catch you lacking to Teddy Pendergrass or 21 Savage it really don't matter.

This deeper than a rap song. The music just started reflecting what was going on.

Right.

Granted, it does exacerbate certain beefs within the city.

Is this video confirmed? It is April 1.

But sht like this really does go down in the Chi though. And the causes are well known. Poverty, lack of education, lack of resources, drugs etc etc. These all stem from Institutionized racism that will take longer than 40 years to correct. Poverty though, breeds crime 100%. Y'all should watch the new season of Friday Night Tykes about little league football in Aliquipa, PA. Them poor white people doing the same exact sht. Drugs, living in the projects, crime, lack of education etc. When you add institutionized racism, neglect, and actual sinister chemical warfare by your own government....you get this.

I'm schleep though.

Last edited:
Update:
Chicago Police Wait to Speak to Shooting Victim About Selfie
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
CHICAGO — Apr 1, 2016, 10:50 AM ET

Chicago Police spokesman Frank Giancamilli (jan-cah-MIL'-ee) says detectives are waiting to speak with a shooting victim who may have been videoing himself when he was shot multiple times.

He says the 31-year-old man is sedated in a Chicago hospital Friday, a day after the shooting on the city's South Side.

Police say the man in the hospital was shot and then the gunman fled.

The video, shot at the location of Thursday's shooting, shows a man looking into a camera he's holding toward himself, talking and smiling. The man glances to the side, the camera falls and shots are heard. A person holding a gun is then seen firing multiple shots while the man is out of sight.

Giancamilli says detectives are working on confirming the video's authenticity.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/chicago-police-investigate-video-shows-shooting-38082296

Is this video confirmed? It is April 1.

But sht like this really does go down in the Chi though. And the causes are well known. Poverty, lack of education, lack of resources, drugs etc etc. These all stem from Institutionized racism that will take longer than 40 years to correct. Poverty though, breeds crime 100%. Y'all should watch the new season of Friday Night Tykes about little league football in Aliquipa, PA. Them poor white people doing the same exact sht. Drugs, living in the projects, crime, lack of education etc. When you add institutionized racism, neglect, and actual sinister chemical warfare by your own government....you get this.

I'm schleep though.

Its a real video. I saw it posted on another forum yesterday.

I cant even imagine what we would see if we had the tech we have now back in the 80s and 90s.

I cant even imagine what we would see if we had the tech we have now back in the 80s and 90s.

crazy how perfect that scene was captured despite the cameraman being spun like a top

the 360 selfie caught the entire landscape

the perfect position of the phone on the ground capturing a very clear shot of the return fire

with the eerie stop sign shot in 2/3rds reminds me of the shot from Boyz in the Hood

i did pick up on the cameraman saying "on Chief"

he has on a blue hat

the return fire came from someone wearing red

with the constant references to LORD after he got shot

yep

Back
Top Bottom