MAROON VI #2013

Buying or passing?

• Copped

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pass

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
It's funny how everything that sat back then is so coveted now.

Hey Bip, did you actually cop that G-Bo/Double R flash?

Maroon VI's are an acquired taste. I think this was Nike first attempt on making a L series style shoe to JB back in 1991. These pics of 22 year old cracked maroons dont rightfully show the appeal of the colorway. The Maroon is a deep, rich, bold, luxurious hue. The off white color that nike used is plush, whipped cream like. Everytime I had these shoes on I felt like I had Rolls Royces on my feet. They looked good with jeans and dark colors. They looked strong when you wear them with light colors. Before I even knew what ACGs were I joking called my Maroons my nike boots. I wore my pair from fall 91 until the fall of 93. I had a fresh pair of VIIIs to go back to school with and i still wore my busted Maroons 1st day of middle school. They were the best shoes I ever owned and the most appealing. In 91 everybody and their mom had the Black/Red VI's. Carmines and White/Reds started appearing in the summer of that year. They were dope but the Maroon colorway is the reason why I started liking the Air Jordan VI model.  I passed up on all of those colorways to get the Maroon VIs

The Maroon VI is the Worst colorway way of the VI. When these released, they sat well into the Jordan VIII release.
The only reason these will sell is because this it he first time that they will be retroed.

Bring on the Sport Blue VI.

It's funny how everything that sat back then is so coveted now.
Hey Bip, did you actually cop that G-Bo/Double R flash?

Wow!! Major props for recognizing what my avy is!

Actually, I didn't. I searched for years for those tapes on Napster, AudioGalaxy, Soleseek, etc - basically all the iterations of the MP3 share networks. I was coming to think that I would never find them. I was thinking about copping the flash just for the Agent 106 Freestyles alone and some of blends, espeically the stuff with the older soul tracks on it. But, I was on the fence because so much of the material is just songs that I have in 100 other places anyway. So, I only really needed maybe 20% of the catalog but would have had to buy the whole thing.

Then, a couple of months ago, my friend found somebody who had bought it and put the whole thing on a share site. He downloaded all the blends and freestyles and gave me a copy. (This guy has an epic music collection - has damn near every Stretch and Bob show archived on cassette, taped during their original broadcasts. Most of that stuff has become easily findable in the internet age, but older dudes - like I assume you are - understand how significant that is. I mean, it's people like us who are the reason the stuff is so available now.)

Anyway, I kind of felt bad bootlegging it because I really support G-Bo. But, the way I think of it is that I already bought those tapes the first time around. So, I have supported them.

Last edited:
eyes.gif
these don't do anything for me, just way too plain, Im hoping for some blk infrared and Carmines on the 23rd anniversary of the vi, but good everyone that's been waiting for these

gotta love revisionist love. just like with the laneys and olives all of the sudden jawns no one wanted back then are suddenly everyones fave

Most of us were kids back then, so a shoe like this was unattainable. Its always been my grail, and the thought of it finally coming back is exciting.

these are nothing special in my opinion. I'd take the white infrareds all day over these, but i guess the hype is about these never retroing before

Meh. I would like the Sport Blue VI to retro first! 
This.
nthat.gif

Most of us were kids back then, so a shoe like this was unattainable. Its always been my grail, and the thought of it finally coming back is exciting.
Good point.  Laney's were always a shoe that I liked (not to the point that it was a grail, but I liked them), but that was back in the 1 - 2 pair of shoes for the school year days.

Not everyone had the bread to cop every shoe they wanted in their teenage years (even if they were discounted).

The hype on these are going to be unheard of, looks like the september blues are the last of the lowkey 6s

The Maroon VI is the Worst colorway way of the VI. When these released, they sat well into the Jordan VIII release.
The only reason these will sell is because this it he first time that they will be retroed.
Bring on the Sport Blue VI.

But, everything you said about the Maroons basically applied to the Blues as well.

People didn't like the Carmines much either, frankly. Black and white infras were basically the only CWs that mattered. White infras were my first Jordan purchase. (I traded a friend a pair of Flight 89s for his Black IVs after we had both had them a while so we could each feel like we had new shoes. ...Our parents didn't understand.)

But, everything you said about the Maroons basically applied to the Blues as well.
People didn't like the Carmines much either, frankly. Black and white infras were basically the only CWs that mattered. White infras were my first Jordan purchase. (I traded a friend a pair of Flight 89s for his Black IVs after we had both had them a while so we could each feel like we had new shoes. ...Our parents didn't understand.)
Agree 100%

The maroons were by far the least popular along with the blue, and the carmines. You never saw anyone wearing them.

JB throwing off white laces on these it looks like...guess theyre going for the "vintage" look on these

Hopefulyl theyre white,and come with white laces...def. wont rock offwhite laces

JB throwing off white laces on these it looks like...guess theyre going for the "vintage" look on these

Hopefulyl theyre white,and come with white laces...def. wont rock offwhite laces

worked on both 2010 ko's ...... kinda wished they did the blk toes from this yr the same as the 2010 set.......

Maroon 6s?  Pass.  Nothing but the ugly duckling among the other original colorways.  Every other OG 6 > these.  Maroon is just such an unappealing colorway to me.  

You must not be seeing what I am seeing. Those sport Blues are by far the worst. I think these are one of the best!

might be blasphemy, but I'm hoping that this retro differs from the OG by increasing the amount of Maroon in the midsole, like how the Olympic VIs did this year.
Same, I actually like the aged look of the midsole. I would love for them to have a vintage midsole

Back in '91, you were right. These and the sport blues sat and went on clearance.
Doogie Howser rocked them in the intro to that show though. Word to Vinny Delpino
In '91 I was two. In fact I have only known about this colorway for a few years. When I saw this, I had to have em:
IMG_02.jpg

2013 will be over crowded with releases I see...
Just when I thought it would be an easy year on my wallet |I
Looks like next year is going to be just as bad and I am skipping a lot of Vs since they arent releasing the colorways I want for the most part. Which is sad because they are tied with the IVs for my favorite silhouette

Why not just wait until 2014?
What I was thinking. But this is just a rumor. previous rumors said this would be out by fall

That is what I want. One of the few who LOVES off-white

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom