Martin Apperciation

That whole scene in the "Guard Your Grill" episode with Tommy Hearns in Martin's apartment is so underrated lol

Told this story before (maybe in here) but telling it again!

I'm in LA for work. When I'm in LA I like to go to Wild Card Boxing because it's close to my hotel, only $5 for the day pass and I enjoy it more than hotel gyms.

I'm in there doing my workout. A guy comes in. Everyone in the gym saying what up to him so I hear his name. I know that name.

Eventually I'm on a heavy bag close to where he's training some guy. Round ends. He's chilling in the corner of the ring. I walk over....

"Frankie Liles?"
He says yes.
"You were in one of my favorite Martin episodes!"

He laughs, we chop it up. He tells me to stick around. When he's done with his guy he gives me mitts for like 1/2 hour and won't take my money.

Frankie was the guy with Tommy in the apartment. Beat Roy Jones as an amateur and was a long time Super Mid. Champ.

Am I the only one that Feels Martin has lost his edge. He he no longer has his sitcom edge.
If you had to re-learn all of your basic motor skills due to stroke, you would move with less “pep in your step” too. He’s still got those jokes though. Plus, he’s old as hell now lol.

1705446515060.png

Back
Top Bottom