"Mayweather V. Cotto" *Official Thread* Who Are You Going For?

Originally Posted by Scott Frost

MAC is one of my favorite fighters to ever lace them up, I will be rooting for him, but he has about a 0% chance of winning this fight.

This...I hope he proves us wrong tho 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm done talking about boxing in this thread, it just amazes me that fanboys from both Manny and Mayweather clearly don't know much abou boxing. THEY BOTH HANDPICK FIGHTERS TO CHALLENGE! However Manny does take this a step further than Mayweather by throwing in catchweight clauses. If you've ever fought or wrestled, you know how hard it is to drain weight to make a fight, let alone compete in a 12 round bout?

Tim said he believes BHop is number one, and in all honestly he is top 5 P4P right now. Sergio is up there as well, but Andre Ward gets slept on hard. He basically mopped the 168 division besides Bute. And his time will come as well. Manny and Mayweather will always be one and two on list because they are the biggest names in boxing until one loses eventually (or in Manny's case lose again) or retires. I don't really see how people believe Manny has a chance in a fight with Mayweather anyways. What is he going to do, become and ELITE BOXING TECHNICIAN overnight? We've seen time and time again that a good ring general will give him problems. IE Marquez and Morales. And they have subpar hand speed. Can you imagine what Mayweather an elite ring general, with great hand speed, timing, and coordination will do to Manny? And I'm not even bringing up his defensive and counter punching abilities...

I'm not a Mayweather fanboy BTW, growing up I've always been a fan of Roy Jones, Shane Mosley, and Zab Judah.

Originally Posted by Winged Wheel

Originally Posted by CAFinest23

I'm not a Mayweather fanboy BTW
The replies in threads I've read on here say just the contrary.

Do me a favor then, go into the boxing thread, look up my screen name, and see how many times I've said I'm not a Mayweather fan.

Originally Posted by jhova718

Originally Posted by tim teufel

nah to me its bhop. i know im gonna get stoned faced to death but i think its up for grabs. hopefully manny and may face each other before they turn 40
roll.gif
roll.gif

You just proved to everyone in here you don't know %%%$ about boxing
laugh.gif
i never doubted Bhops greatness but PFP 1 TODAY? 
Cotto keeps its competitive but mayweather wins. 

Would like to see Mayweather lose, but already know he gonna win. Prolly go the distance, but shouldn't be too hard for Money May.

To everyone saying that May is a nobody because of his resume, who does Mayweather need to fight to "beef up" his resume? (other than Pac)
srs question. pls respond
Sergio?

Originally Posted by blackngold1z

To everyone saying that May is a nobody because of his resume, who does Mayweather need to fight to "beef up" his resume? (other than Pac)
Sergio?
Nobody is saying Mayweather is a nobody, talk about taking words out of context. There are fight fans that feel his resume lacks anyone of significance. He's 35 now and unless he can jump in a DeLorean with a flux capicator and fight the fighters he ducked when he did, people will still feel the way they do. Serious question, are you impressed with his resume?

Sergio?

im not a big boxing guy, but from what i've read its not really the "now", but moreso he could have beefed up his resume many fights ago when there were more formidable fighters. like taking cotto before he was on his decline, etc. 

Sergio?

Def. Sergio and Amr Khan  will help

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Sergio?

im not a big boxing guy, but from what i've read its not really the "now", but moreso he could have beefed up his resume many fights ago when there were more formidable fighters. like taking cotto before he was on his decline, etc. 
Bob Arum didn't want to put Cotto in with May when he was younger.
Only fighter people can legit say that Floyd "ducked" was Margacheato and this was before he was a "household name".

Originally Posted by goldenchild9

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

Sergio?

Bob Arum didn't want to put Cotto in with May when he was younger.
Only fighter people can legit say that Floyd "ducked" was Margacheato and this was before he was a "household name".
noted. was just going off what i've read, thanks for clearing that up. 

Originally Posted by flossb15

Sergio?

and Amr Khan  will help

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Demps

Originally Posted by flossb15

Sergio?

and Amr Khan  will help

laugh.gif
i mean, he said besides manny and obviously he can't go back in the past to fight Paul williams, a younger cotto, margarito, so you have to look towards the young class

I see this fight going the distance with May winning. I don't think May can knock Cotto out, knock him down maybe, but not out...

I'm not a fan of neither fighters, but I would like to see Mays' skills. Saw some glimpse of it during Mosley and Ortiz, and I hope we could see it for 12 rounds.

I asked this in the Boxing thread before I realized there was a thread specifically for this fight.

Has anyone ever been to a weigh-in in Vegas for a big fight before??

I'm going to Vegas this coming weekend for the fight and wouldn't mind checking out the weigh-in with my pops.

If anyone has been, what time did you lineup??

Sergio?
Nobody is saying Mayweather is a nobody, talk about taking words out of context. There are fight fans that feel his resume lacks anyone of significance. He's 35 now and unless he can jump in a DeLorean with a flux capicator and fight the fighters he ducked when he did, people will still feel the way they do. Serious question, are you impressed with his resume?
OK. I see what you mean about fights in the past. I thought the overall consensus is that he is ducking fighters now and I thought I was missing something.

I would just swing through the MGM a few hours before hand to see what's going on, if there is a line, etc and go from there. I know its kind of stating the obvious but that is my best advice. Also, maybe follow GoldenBoyPromotions if you have a twitter

Originally Posted by SJSneakerheadIII

I asked this in the Boxing thread before I realized there was a thread specifically for this fight.

Has anyone ever been to a weigh-in in Vegas for a big fight before??

I'm going to Vegas this coming weekend for the fight and wouldn't mind checking out the weigh-in with my pops.

If anyone has been, what time did you lineup??
i have never been to a fight, but if i was you ill get there a few hours early.
American, Mexican, and puerto rican fans are all gonna wanna get in.

Sergio?
OK. I see what you mean about fights in the past. I thought the overall consensus is that he is ducking fighters now and I thought I was missing something.
There really isn't anyone to duck now. Bet your bottom dollar this fight doesn't happen if Cotto wouldn't have been cheated in his first fight against Margarito and if he would have beaten Pacquiao.  Like all great fighters Floyd is an opportunist. You never heard him call out Manny the way he has been calling him out as of late, we all know that's a direct result of Manny's performance against JMM. If Manny would have destroyed JMM and lets say knocked him out, you would hear nothing but crickets from the Mayweather camp right now or more "allegations" of Manny using steroids. I lost a lot of respect for the Mayweather camp when they falsely accused Pacquiao and his camp of steroid use. There is no proof, never a positive test and never has his name been connected with performance enhancers. With how cynical everyone has become with steroid abuse, the fan boys soaked it up and ran with it.

I've always believed that Mayweather is a superior fighter to Manny and would out point him in a fight; however there's a reason things have gone the way they have the last 4 years and these two fighters haven't met in the ring. The only ones who know the absolute truth are Manny & Floyd.
[h3]
[/h3]

Apparently Floyd isn't too happy with how 24/7 has been editing their footage. There is only so much that Floyd can be flashy and act cocky, but I think these 24/7's have been pretty good.

If Manny would have destroyed JMM and lets say knocked him out, you would hear nothing but crickets from the Mayweather camp right now
[h3]
[/h3]

he was calling him out a week before that fight though.

I done seen the almighty RoseGod tear his ACL in the first Playoff Game with 1:09 left......

Anything can happen at any time, so I pray my man MAC can pull a shocker and hand Money May his 1st L....

Back
Top Bottom