Mighty Morphin Power Rangers Movie (Reboot Announced)

THIS MOVIE LOOKS LIKE IT WILL ON DBZ MOVIE LEVELS.

I'M NOT EVEN TRIPPING ON RITA'S COSTUME BEING GREEN. I'M MORE CONCERNED AT THE QUALITY OF THE COSTUME. THAT COSTUME AND MAKEUP LOOKS MADDDDD CHEAP.

WHAT'S THE BUDGET FOR THIS MOVIE?

I still can't get over how the asian guy is unmistakably the cool guy in the group.

That just never happens in Hollywood

I'm stoked for the movie on that alone :lol:

...and the black guy is smart. :lol:

Should just have Asian dude be the Red/Leader and make the white guy fifth supporting actor status.

7be5ebf2_12965280_585397198302166_1677795437_n.jpeg

Should just have Asian dude be the Red/Leader and make the white guy fifth supporting actor status.

7be5ebf2_12965280_585397198302166_1677795437_n.jpeg
I would've made a black female the Red Ranger, an Asian the Green Ranger, a white female the Blue Ranger, a white guy the Yellow Ranger, a black male the Pink Ranger, and an Latino male as the Black Ranger.

pimp.gif

Last edited:
I expect the black dude to get the yellow ranger and Asian dude to get the pink ranger

White dude will take the L

Last edited:
What are you implying?
Not implying anything, the black guy plays "Billy" the "smart" Ranger.

I like the diversification.

It would be stereotypical in 2016 to cast a dancing black guy as the Black Ranger.

I would not sit through a feature length film of this:

Last edited:
Everyones so PC now, which is what caused them to switch up the character/colors everyones already used to

I hate all this PC crap

And this looks 2nd tier budget, not a major release at all...some good ol WWE/Walmart quality

I hate all this PC crap

I hate PC too, but it isn't PC in the case of the Power Rangers.

It was flat out implicit bias, and stereotyping on every level.

The alpha male was always white, and got the best costumes, zords, and "the girl (white)", who wore pink.

The Asian was a "Yellow" Ranger and the Black Ranger was a break dancing black guy. 

...think about that.

Despite Austin St. John being multiracial (White, Hispanic, German and Native) he was cast because he looked "white". This is common knowledge in Fandom circles.
They also wanted his sidekick to be black.

Just about every show on television except House Of Lies, the black guy is always the sidekick without a working penis, and an official edge up.

...we're making progress with Diggle 
laugh.gif

:rofl:

Donatello would be black if he was human? I can see it with Panthro at the least.

Historically though, you had to go to cartoons after 2 names in.

Plus didn't that dude form the Matrix end up dying? :nerd:

Luda is the best example but FF is the exception given the entire franchise is minority driven. A true success when it comes to the exposure and positioning of non-white characters as far as I've seen popularity wise.

:rofl:
Luda is the best example but FF is the exception given the entire franchise is minority driven. A true success when it comes to the exposure and positioning of non-white characters as far as I've seen popularity wise.

but they were all techniccally criminals.... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom