MJ was poisoned b4 the "flu game" VOL....G.O.A.T

I swear Jalen talks just to talk. Any way to stay in the spotlight and he's good. If he wasn't a former player, he's be gone like Rob Parker.

I thought it was common knowledge that it was food poisoning. I could have sworn that one of the announcers reported during the game's telecast that he became sick after ordering room service on the road in Utah.

Exactly!!! I watched that game and they said before, during, and after the game that Jordan had got sick due to some pizza he had consumed. Like yourself I dont see how this is considered new information.

Perhaps his trainer came out to reaffirm this to counter act Jalin Rose's recent allegations about Jordan being hungover.

Stories about Jalen and his team were true, yea.

But if you haven't noticed what he's been doing since Bill Simmons put him under his wing and he's been added to Grantland, he's become nothing more than a **** now, blatantly selling himself to try "out-duel" the popularity of TNT crew. How would Jalen, a 3 year player (who wasn't anyone important, and averaging 10 mins a game in 1997) know if Michael Jordan was hungover a night before the finals. What type of sources does he have? :lol:

First of all, the bolded has nothing to do with the weather in Alaska. What kind of sources does he have? Other players maybe? What you think the whole NBA is on some basketball elitist type steez. "You aint puttin up no numbers, don't talk to me.." or do you think all the team are like gangs and never socialize with each other. Come on man. What sources do you have?

Have a hard time believing Jordan would get so drunk to the point he get's alcohol poisoning the night before a game. My roommate in college had Alcohol poisoning, he was 6'3, 190lbs. You know much liquor it took for him to get Alc poisiong? :lol:

Can't even imagine what a 6 foot 6 professional athlete, who eats 6 times a day, and weighs 215 lbs would need to to drink in order to get alcohol poising. The night before a game? Man ya'll would fall into Jalen's trap :lol:

Alcohol poisoning =/= hangover. If you don't drink enough water or eat..*ahem*..you can have a light hangover off a few drinks.

Jalen Rose never at any point in time ever said MJ had alcohol poisoning or even that the flu was only a hangover.

Yall just be running with what somebody else on here said.

I'm still trying to figure out where this alcohol poisoning business came from.

Like the word of an announcer or writer?

Answer these question for me, if you will:

1. Where did the "Flu Game" misconception come from if the announcer clearly pointed out it was food poisoning(not saying he didn't btw)? Why was this misconception so wide spread...before the internet became what it is today?

2. If you were a Bulls staff member, announcer or even affiliated with the NBA in any way shape or form at the time, would YOU have said he MJ was hungover?

3. If they let the misconception slide all this time, why fix it now?

Hell, according to USAToday, the trainer says its a theory. I'm sorry bros, when it come to creditability USA Today >>> True Hoops TV.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/gameo...ood-poisoning-flu-game-chicago-bulls/2093631/

Last edited:
Alright bro we get it, you think Jalen is right and Michael Jordan was hungover. Congrats, you're just that dude :lol:

Dude really comparing the word of a random niketalker to a former nba player and people who get paid to cover the nba.

Im still trying to figure out how alcohol poisoning even entered the conversation.

Kicker is its pretty obvious no one has listened to the podcast were this topic was brought up.

I'm sorry I think jalen rose knows more about life in the nba than me or you.

And you act like mj never dipped to Atlantic city during a playoff series.

Dude really comparing the word of a random niketalker to a former nba player and people who get paid to cover the nba.

Im still trying to figure out how alcohol poisoning even entered the conversation.

Kicker is its pretty obvious no one has listened to the podcast were this topic was brought up.

Son, are you on dope or do you really not have control of your own mind?

I'm sorry I think jalen rose knows more about life in the nba than me or you.

And you act like mj never dipped to Atlantic city during a playoff series.

Son, are you on dope or do you really not have control of your own mind?

:lol: I thought you two were on the same side of the debate?

didnt rose get a dui a lil while back, not too long ago ? seems as though he has liquor on his mind quite a bit

No lie I saw Jalen come out of the tunnel with his team before a game drinking a cup of beer when he played for the Knicks.

Yeah the announcers said it might have been food poisoning during game, they said he wasnt feeling well and it might have been something he ate. Then later on after the game people started saying he had the flu.

Last edited:
I read about this on MSN.com, they poisoned him and still couldn't win. It only adds to Jordan's legacy... the greatest

Back
Top Bottom