***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

Yeah, that's his glove for the new season
Is Myers' still Spalding? Someone had to come after him, right? Nike, Rawlings, Mizuno, Wilson, or Akadema?

My personal glove is Chris Marrero's (never used, shag glove). It's a TPX but the leather is unreal. I only played Rawlings HOH through college and thought those were dreamy. The big boys have some buttery pieces...It took me 2 months to break it in (it was cold in the NE) and I threw with it daily. I either threw long toss or caught flat grounds with it but it still took a while to get it with a good pocket because the leather came so stiff.

I had a funny feeling that would be the case. I think UA tried that years ago and nothing seemed to move the crowd and so that technology was dropped. I managed to get one so I was pleased with it. I also remember Nike having something similar to what UA had. It was many years ago and although it is not used for recovery it was still cool to look at. Below are the pics of a jumpsuit made for Jr. but I do not think he ever wore it ever.
I would never wear anything like that but, OMG I would love to just HAVE it. So effing SICK.

I had a funny feeling that would be the case. I think UA tried that years ago and nothing seemed to move the crowd and so that technology was dropped. I managed to get one so I was pleased with it. I also remember Nike having something similar to what UA had. It was many years ago and although it is not used for recovery it was still cool to look at. Below are the pics of a jumpsuit made for Jr. but I do not think he ever wore it ever.
I would never wear anything like that but, OMG I would love to just HAVE it. So effing SICK.
thank god i live in california.. but i can appreciate the determination to play baseball in the cold. 

Nike has been late to the game on a few things recently that athletes actually care about (ie. minimalist shoes). Recovery is another one. I hope they do big things and not just act like a spandex/lycra shirt works for recovery just because it's tight. I know pro-baseball athletes look for any way to recover they can; it's a crazy grind. In AAA we play like 154 games in 162 days. That's a much more compressed schedule than MLB plays.

I am sure basketball and hockey (not that Nike is super into hockey) would benefit greatly from Nike going down this road as well. They have long seasons/lots of games and the game can be/is more physical than baseball. Ice baths/contrast baths are great but some solid compression gear, specifically for travel days (big guys on busses and planes don't workout too well) would be awesome.

I know a handful of our former MLB guys or big prospects have personal stim/EMS units to help recover, specifically pitchers. 

I am too devoted to Nike to not be on their payroll but I seriously hope they do big things with stuff like this. Fashion is great (I mean I love my Roshes) but making stuff for athletes always needs to be in the forefront for them or they will let UA or someone else catch them.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Truth

I recently got my little Stim machine for recovery. Popped in my 9 volt battery and set it to 9 and 30 mins later good as new.

But like you were saying that if Nike doesn't pick up their game and actually dedicated more technology to Baseball, they will lose out to someone else. No one really realizes the grind you just mentioned about playing all those games in so many days. Not only that but players have to work out when they can and hit the gym and tell me that will not leave you sore. So if Nike is listening and reading which I know they are, please get into Q&A and dedicate new apparel to Baseball that will quickly recover us when we play or work out. If it costs a little bit more I am all for it as long as the end result is your body being back to normal as quickly as possible.

I know most of my guys (that weren't Bryce Harper or Zach Walters) were New Balance guys (NB will throw some money at non-super prospects). I know Corey Brown, Tyler Moore, Koyie Hill, and Brett Carroll were all New Balance guys. They have a long sleeve like the Pro Combat and they liked their spikes. I could see someone like that making a push to take over baseball (or someone like that). A 3rd tier group deciding they were going to plant their flag in the baseball market. Nike, if you are looking for some inside intel, I am your man (lol).

Lannan was Nike sponsored and his set up was sick. Essentially $X.XX to spend however he wants in the Nike Store. He even ordered me some Nike Frees as a gift. He was stacked with Nike stuff (and it's not like he is Kershaw).

Last edited:
Yeah, that's his glove for the new season
That blows my mind. Either good on Myers for sticking with a company that has supported him or bad on everyone else for not going after him. I realize he isn't a "glove guy" but he is a nice guy to have reppin' your gear.

Just a quick couple of pickups.
Don't mind the Football stuff but here is a prime example of what Nike could have done for the All Star Game here in NY in regards to the sneakers.

My new trainers, I like them but they run to me a half size to small. Unless you want that shoe wrapped around your foot like a wedgie I would go a half size up.
But look at the color scheme. Nike what you could have done was incorporate the same silver but with the light blue Met color way and not an all apple red scheme.

http://s849.photobucket.com/user/sm...F-42BC-9B93-0DDE06E63FC9_zpsjhkkhihb.jpg.html

http://s849.photobucket.com/user/sm...4-477D-AC73-6166FEB1FA3A_zpsa57razj6.jpg.html

http://s849.photobucket.com/user/sm...A-4E81-9D13-BD5FE772CAED_zpsy3s3cd8m.jpg.html

Next up is what I like MLB to start doing when the WS takes place in late October. Take this undershirt meant for the NFL and now use it for the two teams who are playing in the fall classic. I love the cloth material and not the all stretchy nylon one is use to. Very good quality and fits perfectly. They ran out of XXL but I was surprised to see XL fit me decent.

http://s849.photobucket.com/user/sm...8-4747-B2E3-A7E67A92C6A8_zps4gjizpjz.jpg.html

http://s849.photobucket.com/user/sm...7-40B8-A463-90DB9B794BF5_zpsptf5lahy.jpg.html
Where'd you get that hyperwarm shirt? I need one baaad.

Would love a nice longsleeve like that. High of 18 and low of -2 here in Virginia at the moment. We play Saturday and luckily we're going to SC where it'll be  in the 50s but it's miserable. We aren't allowed outside until it's at least 40 though.

Would love a nice longsleeve like that. High of 18 and low of -2 here in Virginia at the moment. We play Saturday and luckily we're going to SC where it'll be  in the 50s but it's miserable. We aren't allowed outside until it's at least 40 though.

It comes in handy when taking batting practice. It keeps you warm. Nothing worse being in a frozen place and hit the ball the wrong way with a wood bat. Stings like crazy.

Nike, if you are looking for some inside intel, I am your man (lol).

I don't know how much explaining is to be done, I can probably guess the process for the most part, but there's stuff I've always wondered about when it comes to companies handing out gear. Your contributions to the thread have been interesting already, would be great to hear more from you.

Suppose I am just talking cleats, BGs, and clothing in this case.

Does each team/org have a rep that comes in and then goes back to the company with what players want?

If Nike determines that a guy is worthy of PE gear, do they come to him with what they have come up with? Or do some guys request certain things/designs? (Assuming Adam Jones probably said the words - Digital camo, and Tiger/Lion Fur, and Nike came back with it in his Swingmans)

What about guys who aren't "PE worthy" but still want something other than general release? Does the rep go ahead and create some ID's for him?

Just stuff that runs through my head at times. I'm sure that I'm not the only one who wonders about it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^Truth

I recently got my little Stim machine for recovery. Popped in my 9 volt battery and set it to 9 and 30 mins later good as new.

But like you were saying that if Nike doesn't pick up their game and actually dedicated more technology to Baseball, they will lose out to someone else. No one really realizes the grind you just mentioned about playing all those games in so many days. Not only that but players have to work out when they can and hit the gym and tell me that will not leave you sore. So if Nike is listening and reading which I know they are, please get into Q&A and dedicate new apparel to Baseball that will quickly recover us when we play or work out. If it costs a little bit more I am all for it as long as the end result is your body being back to normal as quickly as possible.
Can you share where you got your stem machine? Thanks partner

I don't know how much explaining is to be done, I can probably guess the process for the most part, but there's stuff I've always wondered about when it comes to companies handing out gear. Your contributions to the thread have been interesting already, would be great to hear more from you.

Suppose I am just talking cleats, BGs, and clothing in this case.

Does each team/org have a rep that comes in and then goes back to the company with what players want?

That blows my mind. Either good on Myers for sticking with a company that has supported him or bad on everyone else for not going after him. I realize he isn't a "glove guy" but he is a nice guy to have reppin' your gear.
We also have Cano and Dex Fowler signed to glove deals.  When you have arguably the best glove in the market the talent comes to you, haha.  Wil is a good dude and went with a company that shared his ideas and beliefs. 

I have used one of your gloves. I agree they are great...but we all know quality isn't always the reason someone picks a company. Congrats though. Dexter is from my metro area. Heard he is a good dude as well.

I have used one of your gloves. I agree they are great...but we all know quality isn't always the reason someone picks a company. Congrats though. Dexter is from my metro area. Heard he is a good dude as well.
Quality is usually never the reason, it was just a shameless plug.  We are starting to put together a pretty nice lineup of talent.  Right now we just lack the customization aspect that many companies offer.

Yeah. You're correct. That plus it doesn't have the name recognition (cool factor) YET...If you are looking for guys to wear your models, let me know. I'll put you in touch with my guys!

We also have Cano and Dex Fowler signed to glove deals.  When you have arguably the best glove in the market the talent comes to you, haha.  Wil is a good dude and went with a company that shared his ideas and beliefs. 

Do you guys have any first base gloves?

Quality is usually never the reason, it was just a shameless plug.  We are starting to put together a pretty nice lineup of talent.  Right now we just lack the customization aspect that many companies offer.
Do you guys have a website?  Not finding it for some reason or another. 

Do you guys have any first base gloves?
We do offer 1B mitts.  It is the Pro Select 12.75 mitt.  Go to Spalding.com and it will be under Baseball.  You can also check local Spalding retailers in your area.  Where are you located?

Back
Top Bottom