***MLB Feet and Equipment 2014***NEW THREAD

Looks like volt is old news now. Matt Kemp now has neon pink accents on his batting gloves. Sorry no pics.

Looks like volt is old news now. Matt Kemp now has neon pink accents on his batting gloves. Sorry no pics.

yeah kemp has had that highlighter pink/red on his home BGs for a month or so now.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/on-his-30th-birthday--matt-kemp-grows-better-with-age-065233695.html

header pic is a decent shot of them and im sure theyre are a bunch on getty images

Excuse me gentleman, please call it by its official Nike name, "hyper punch," the color they are currently trying to turn into their new volt. * *sarcasm font**

Usually at this time of he year the swingman players are wearing the new swingman gear to come. Is swingman ending this year?

Anyone near Yankee Stadium that can drop by in their team store to see what undershirts they have going on?

Anyone know really strong glue where I could glue 9 individual spikes on some running shoes?

Just want to try it and see what happens

Anyone know really strong glue where I could glue 9 individual spikes on some running shoes?

Just want to try it and see what happens
I've always wondered how custom cleats do it. I'm sure it's difficult to separate the cleat plate from an actual pair of cleats like they do. Gluing individual spikes sounds like a stretch, but who knows worth a try.

I'm thinking frees with spikes here would be nice
http://www.zoro.com/i/G2425123/?utm...Ugl8sDbo4cYNUIR-mQwYcmpVfbzVJ_8I34xoC0Gzw_wcB

Never tried this stuff before but apparently it's super strong. I would be careful about gluing a spike to where there is a crease in the shoe, if the shoe naturally separates in those spots it might be difficult for the spike to stay on, and it may also make the shoe uncomfortable. I'm interested to see if this would actually work though, post some pics if you end up doing it.

I'm thinking frees with spikes here would be nice
Is it at all possible to just order the bottom plate with the spikes already attatched? Or even remove the plate from an old pair of cleats? I know customcleats.com does that, except they split the plate in half in order to form to the shoe.

Last edited:
If I actually wanted a full plate then I would send them to customcleats but I'm trying to keep the shoe's flexibility by puting individual ones on

I tried it a while back with metal spikes from interchangeable Nike cleats. Used super glue and they felt pretty secure, until I put them on and stepped on a concrete floor and they all just folded over and broke off the sole. There was too much weight for the spikes to stay adhered.

I really want to send a pair of Free Trainer 5.0 fingertraps to custom cleats. They wouldn't have very much support at all but would be a great low cut and super light.

Back
Top Bottom