Moving To NYC This Fall, Need Advice on Which Borough to Move to.

You need a roommate for Astoria but you could split a decent apartment for 1600 a month. Nice amount of yambs sprinkled throughout.

Yo, I don't think anyone picked up on when I said my max was 2300, I'd much rather spend in the neighborhood of 1300-1500. From everything here and what I've found I'm thinking Astoria right now. Thanks for all the input though. 

If you're the real ronnie fieg.... move back to riverdale since you make iOS apps now

Don't understand why people feel the need to live in the city

I rather live close enough to it
laugh.gif
5 min taxi ride to my Tribeca apt.
pimp.gif

Last edited:
didn't read the rest on the thread, only up to this post, but my friend has a Studio on 58th right by the Queens borough Bridge . Between 1st & 2nd. The rent is your budget at $2,300 month. Stainless steal appliances, new bathroom, very nice.

To describe the place: He just had a Halloween party comfortably with around 15 people.

hope this helps. it gives you an idea at least. good luck OP.

he was a suburb boy, but now loves the city.

EDIT: i see some people saying $2,300 won't get you anything, not true.
laugh.gif
no he doesn't. It's either rent controlled/stabilized apartment or someone he knows been renting that apartment for 20 years and he got it next. or he found the steal of the century.

sorry but 2300 and nice in NYC with stainless steel and comfortable  with 15 people dont mix.

I worked in real estate for 2 years

My boy has a rent stabilized building in central park west. His mom pays 700 a month and she rents out the other apartment **** has for 2 racks

2 bedroom $1300 rent in BedStuy, 15 mins away from the Barclays by train. Plus my area ain't too bad.

The problem is some areas of Brighton is real racist. But I'll take an apt out there with the quickness. Them eastern european mamis be looking right

Edit:
I'm on my phone and my quote got messed up.

Last edited:
Thanks for all the advice so far. I should have stated my rent budget is a max of 2300, not including living expenses. I was offered a salary of 47,000 and from I can gather so far I wouldn't really be able to save any of that in Manhattan or some of the nicer borough's. 

47Grand daddy???? That's not gonna cut it, Pa....you can't afford to live in NY for 2300 a month rent, is you crazy?

Your rent isn't suppose to be over 30% of your monthly take home pay. 47k a year calculates to maybe 2.8grand a month (AFTER TAXES)...rent being 2300 leaves you with $600 a month for groceries, utilities, transportation, entertainment. How you gonna get fresh? How you gonna get the yambs? These New York girls ain't bout to be with a man that don't got money in the bank, B...you don't wanna be livin paycheck to paycheck, god...
These scammers is out here flourishing in NY, fam. Taking all of the yambs. Pushing the M5s and Lexuses and S-Classes...How you gonna compete with that? You can't go to La Marina in the summertime with $100 in ya pocket and expect to get attention. You gotta come hard, pa. Now I'm not saying to not move to NY...all I'm saying is it's NOT gonna be easy. NY may have softened up with all the transplants and gentrification going on, but there's still some gully pockets.

Now to help you out...let's say you take home 3 racks a month. You do not want your rent to be any more than $1500...and that's a STRETCH. Because your NT fam, I did some research and I found you a couple of nice apartments I think night interest you. It's in Queens, Subway accessible, and not too far from Manhattan.

http://lefrakcity.com/residence-a-studio-1-bathroom/4

$1.195 a month. That leaves you with some pocket change to hit up Perfections and Sues Rendezvous and find you a little shorty or whatever.

^ Dude hooked OP up with that breakdown, plus provided him with the essentials. I predict OP will settle for Queens, it's the safe bet.

47Grand daddy???? That's not gonna cut it, Pa....you can't afford to live in NY for 2300 a month rent, is you crazy?

Your rent isn't suppose to be over 30% of your monthly take home pay. 47k a year calculates to maybe 2.8grand a month (AFTER TAXES)...rent being 2300 leaves you with $600 a month for groceries, utilities, transportation, entertainment. How you gonna get fresh? How you gonna get the yambs? These New York girls ain't bout to be with a man that don't got money in the bank, B...you don't wanna be livin paycheck to paycheck, god...
These scammers is out here flourishing in NY, fam. Taking all of the yambs. Pushing the M5s and Lexuses and S-Classes...How you gonna compete with that? You can't go to La Marina in the summertime with $100 in ya pocket and expect to get attention. You gotta come hard, pa. Now I'm not saying to not move to NY...all I'm saying is it's NOT gonna be easy. NY may have softened up with all the transplants and gentrification going on, but there's still some gully pockets.

Now to help you out...let's say you take home 3 racks a month. You do not want your rent to be any more than $1500...and that's a STRETCH. Because your NT fam, I did some research and I found you a couple of nice apartments I think night interest you. It's in Queens, Subway accessible, and not too far from Manhattan.

http://lefrakcity.com/residence-a-studio-1-bathroom/4

$1.195 a month. That leaves you with some pocket change to hit up Perfections and Sues Rendezvous and find you a little shorty or whatever.

Shoutout to NT's very own
View media item 1252715

*Paging lobo for help on my struggleshop skills

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom