NBA Best Small Forward of All Time... (Where is Bird & Pippen at?)

Fair enough, here's mine.

If Worthy was traded for Nique, would Worthy be able to carry the same team just as far as Nique? Ie, just to the first round.

Would Nique ever be a finals MVP on a Lakers squad with Magic and Scott and Kareem? Considering he never really had great postseason success other then onebig game vs Larry, I say no.

Worthy battled it out with Bird, McHale etc etc and several times was the best player on the floor in those series. Watch the DVD's.
wink.gif

Worthy put up great numbers, and in some ways they could be inflated becasue of other stars on his team. They could also be lower due to those exact samereasons. Had he had a franchise where he could do whatever he wanted, like Nique, and not had to share, his numbers could have been astronomical.

Worthy gets the nod since to me, playoff performance > regular season highlights.

Osh I'm going to use your logic in talking Nique
  1. Was he ever the best player in basketball? Nope While he was active, did anyone ever suggest that he was the best player in basketball? Anyone what is this? Anyone could be Cousin Pete at the barber shop in Altanta. Bad criteria.
  2. Was he the best player on his team? Yes
  3. Was he the best player in basketball at his position? Nope (Bird was) Was he the best player in the league at his position? Nope (Bird was)
  4. Did he have an impact on a number of playoff of series? Every player does, (Robert Horry has had Mad Impact but he ain't on the list) how far did Nique go?
  5. If he was the best player on a team, could that team win the championship? Nope couldn't even get to the chip not even sure if he ever went to the conference finals
    eyes.gif
  6. Was he good enough to keep playing regularly past his prime? Over Seas
  7. Is there evidence to suggest that he was better or worse than his statistics? Pretty much tell you what kind of player he was
  8. Did he ever have an MVP type season, and did he ever win the MVP award? How did he perform in MVP voting over the course of his career? Not even sure where to find that information but I think he finished second once before.

Originally Posted by PrinSe3

There is no legitimacy to your list if you put nique, above pippen.... cmon
laugh.gif
Why?

The reason that people are putting Pippen above Nique is the defense right? I am of the belief that when you are evaluating individual greatness it's hardfor me to use defense as the measuring stick for that because it has so much to do with your teammates and coaching especially if you are a perimeter player.

Also I think Dominique's lack of defense is one of the most overblown things in the history of sports, if you look at the numbers he rates out to be at anaverage to good defender plus he played on teams where defense wasn't the highest priority. Plus putting all that effort on the offensive and then go backand chaice Bird around? I'll give him a pass on that.

In terms of playoff performance I don't like blaming one playoffs for the failures of a team, those Hawks teams were never good, and were neverparticularly well coached and if Nique doesn't score 40 they lose. Plus go check Niques playoff numbers they are not bad and if you put him on a teamwhere the entire team is NOT game planning to stop him he still will beast.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

1) Pippen (and this was tough but I give it to him on the strength of his defense and the ability to guard 1-4 because I'm a Bulls fan)
2) Bird
3) Big Game James
4) Doc
5) Elgin

thats the way it should be done.

Fixed.

Lebron has to be on any top 5 list. Pippen never dominated the NBA like Lebron has. Watered down or not, Lebron is the #1 option on a dominating team. And Idon't even like Lebron like that.

you dudes are crazy to not have lebron on ur list and have pippen. do u understand how much more unstoppable the bulls would have been with both jordan andlebron?

Lebron took this team to a record of like what 15 losses? Imagine throwing in Michael Jordan on the Cavs
roll.gif

^^^^ You guys must not be old enough to have seen Pippen Play.

In a couple years yeah Lebron will be the top but right now he ain't up there with Pippen and Bird.

Lebron vs Pistons in the playoffs > Pippen....

MJ + Lebron = undefeated season...

Pippen was not a lock down defender...he couldn't stop Grant Hill...Lebron's defense is very underrated...plus he's a proven team leader...way moreathletic, faster, stronger...in 10 years we can all say Lebron is the GOAT small forward but just based on what he's done so far, he's EASILY top 5

Osh I'm going to use your logic in talking Nique
  1. Was he ever the best player in basketball? Nope While he was active, did anyone ever suggest that he was the best player in basketball? Anyone what is this? Anyone could be Cousin Pete at the barber shop in Altanta. Bad criteria.
You serious b?
laugh.gif
You know what I mean...was he in the inthe discussion when people brought this question up. Does the zeitgeist of that era mention ever talk of him possibly being the best.? The answer is hell yes.
  1. Was he the best player in basketball at his position? Nope (Bird was) Was he the best player in the league at his position? Nope (Bird was)
They mean in any given season. He was the best SF in 1988-89 season as well as 1989-90.

Did he have an impact on a number of playoff of series? Every player does, (Robert Horry has had Mad Impact but he ain't on the list) how far did Nique go?
Cmon dude...
laugh.gif
Don't play dumb you know what I mean.
  1. If he was the best player on a team, could that team win the championship? Nope couldn't even get to the chip not even sure if he ever went to the conference finals
    eyes.gif
What?
laugh.gif
Dude you seriously believe a team can't win achampionship with Nique at the helm him and some scrubs took Bird to the brink and damn near won it? You think if him a Bird switch places the result isdifferent?
  1. Was he good enough to keep playing regularly past his prime? Over Seas
Nique played int he league till he was 39 and was still pretty damn effective.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Lebron vs Pistons in the playoffs > Pippen....

MJ + Lebron = undefeated season...

Pippen was not a lock down defender...he couldn't stop Grant Hill...Lebron's defense is very underrated...plus he's a proven team leader...way more athletic, faster, stronger...in 10 years we can all say Lebron is the GOAT small forward but just based on what he's done so far, he's EASILY top 5
Are you trying to de-virginize my ignore feature.

Originally Posted by aztec06jr

Pippen was not a lock down defender ....he couldn't stop Grant Hill...
the douchery is...astounding.

1. you appear to be attempting to cite one instance as evidence for an entire career.

2. grant hill was one of the top 5 players on the planet in his prime.

3. great offensive players are hardly if ever completely shut down. even more so in today's nba.

the most that even the best defenders can really do is force them to take more shot to reach their total.

1) Lebron James

2) Larry Bird

3) Dominique Wilkins

4) Scottie Pippen

5) Bernard King / Grant Hill (pre-injury)

And if they had lived up to their full potential the same way Lebron currently is, Lamar Odom & Tim Thomas would have probably been two of the bestSF's of all-time.

Osh come on now...

You know in the late 80's and 90's it was all about MJ, Magic, Bird Barkley... no body talked Nique as being the best.

Nique was a All NBA First Teamer 1 Time.
Pippen was a All NBA First Teamer 3 Times.
That alone would suggest to me that he was the best at his position once. (Yes I know they double it up at times with 2 PF's or whatever.)

In 1988-89 Nique was on the All NBA 3rd team... you know who was ahead of him in the small forward position... Chris Mullen so how could he have been the bestsmall forward??

In 1989-90 He wasn't on any of the All NBA Teams.

And when Nique was 39 he averaged 5 points a game. After 94 he fell off a bit was still pretty good but don't take it far dropping 39 years old on us, 37was it for Nique.

Man stop trippin and put Pippen up top that list with Larry Legend.

roll.gif
at yall saying Lebron shouldnt be on there yet. Maybe not ahead of guyslike Bird or Pip but how are some of yall gonna tell me that James Worthy or some @$%% should be over Bron.

Stats dont lie Worthy nor any other SF has ever seen stats like 30 7 7. And he still mad young...

Top 5
1. Bird
2. Dr. J
3. Nique
4. Bron
5. Baylor
HM. Robin whoops i meant Pippen my b
wink.gif

Scottie Pippen had a mean streak in him and when he took his game over the top it was a JOY to watch.

He could've taken the Bulls all the way in 1994 the ECF game 7 foul versus the Knicks still haunts me.

THE GR8

How you gonna say "Maybe not ahead of guys like Bird or Pip" then create a list and give Pip an Honorable Mention
roll.gif

Man you really hate the Bulls...

So if Lebron's legs get amputated tomorrow morning and he never plays another game you guys have him at #1 SF still?

#1 is Larry Legend!

I didn't know we were giving LBJ 4 chips and MVPs automatically.

Back
Top Bottom